Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment Out on Switch/PC

Jedi

The Game Awards show didn't only show us Zelda, it showed us the upcoming Specter Knight DLC for Shovel Knight

And MAN DOES IT LOOK GOOD, the levels look far different than they did between Shovel Knight to Plague of Shadows, and not to mention all the cool mechanics at play and the things we see like a possible home base among other things. Specter looks like he takes inspiration more from Ninja Gaiden & Sonic, that being fast movement, with wall clinging and grinding etc.

It's also looking like the bosses have different pinch modes/segments too

Brb Rail Grinding on a Scythe.

Edited by Jedi

Looks amazing. I wonder how King Knight mode will top this. It's staggering to see the difference in quality between this trailer and the vanilla game/trailer. Props to Yacht Club Games for making such an amazing game, here's to hoping we see some more games from them

Looks amazing. I wonder how King Knight mode will top this. It's staggering to see the difference in quality between this trailer and the vanilla game/trailer. Props to Yacht Club Games for making such an amazing game, here's to hoping we see some more games from them

Yeah honestly I can't wait to see what they have in store after they finish everything with Shovel Knight.

I can only imagine the treat players who haven't jumped on the game yet will get, I mean I jumped onto Shovel Knight shortly after Plague of Shadows was released and was pretty impressed by both campaigns.

When this and King Knights campaigns are out, it'll be stuffed full of hours and hours of content.

I still need to get around to beating vanilla New Game + as well as Plague Knight's campaign on my 3DS.

At any rate, Specter of Torment looks amazing! I look forward to the new music, story, and mechanics on how Specter Knight plays.

One thing that concerns me is that between the multiple campaigns and New Game+'s to go through, I will tire of the levels and give up on 100% completion. At least Specter of Torment looks like it has a lot of original content and mechanics.

I still need to get around to beating vanilla New Game + as well as Plague Knight's campaign on my 3DS.

At any rate, Specter of Torment looks amazing! I look forward to the new music, story, and mechanics on how Specter Knight plays.

Yeah I'm currently running through Plague NG+ now, thanks to this trailer haha.

Well. That's not fair at all. Plague of Shadow feels sorta inadequate now. :p

It feels like, 100% better. The levels seems sompletely different, edited and all.

I. Want. It. So. Much.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm definitely looking forward to Specter of Torment, especially with how much different it'll be from the Shovel Knight and Plague of Shadows campaigns level and gameplay-wise.

I actually achieved all feats in both Shovel Knight and Plague of Shadows just today. During the past four days I did no death and no equipment/purchase speedruns of both campaigns in order to get the hardest feats done in one playthrough. It was pretty painful restarting levels constantly (especially the airship), but I kept at it and eventually succeeded.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm double posting, but since this is a timely update, it's allowed to my knowledge.

Anyways...

Happy New Year, loam lords! This year we have big plans for Shovel Knight! There’s a lot of news, so let’s dig in! Announcement time!

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove and Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment will be released for Nintendo Switch!

logo_shoveltreasuretrove.png

Wow, Switch! Awesome, Specter of Torment! But wait? What’s Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove?! We don’t have time to explain quite yet…we have even more announcements!

Body Swap Mode for Shovel Knight will launch simultaneously with Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment!

Body Swap Mode is complete and will be included for Shovel Knight’s campaign!! Get ready for sprites and illustrations of all-new designs for body-swapped versions of the main characters as the release draws closer. To get you primed, here’s your first look at body-swapped Shovel Knight and Shield Knight!!

bodyswapsk-630x554.png
Shovel Knight two player co-op will be available for all consoles!!

Finally!! After many requests! Grab a friend and rejoice! Local two player co-op in Shovel Knight’s campaign is coming as a free update to all console and PC platforms (3DS/Vita not included). amiibo not required!

2PlayerSK-630x460.png
Introducing Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

Back to the main story! Soon, the game you now know as Shovel Knight will become Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. When that happens, you’ll also have new options to purchase each campaign as separate, standalone games on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC/Mac/Linux, and Nintendo Switch:

logo_shovel-630x465.png

Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope – Shovel of Hope is our new name for the original Shovel Knight game, since it needed a title like the others. What do you think!? Rewatch the adventure here.

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows – Plague Knight’s Campaign emerges from the Shadows to hopefully get some recognition this time! Watch it all here.

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment – Specter of Torment is our most expansive campaign yet. We’re so excited for you to become the reaper! See Specter Knight in action here.

logo_lineup2.png

Later in 2017 the following will release (names TBD):

Shovel Knight: King Knight’s Campaign – A crazy campaign with the gilded goob himself!

Shovel Knight: Battle Mode – Duel with up to 4 players as your favorite heroic or villainous knight! (3DS/Vita not included)

Why is this happening? Well, we hope providing less expensive standalone versions will provide better entry points for different types of players! Also, players can more easily grab an adventure (or Battle Mode) on another platform!

All owners of Shovel Knight on all platforms will automatically own Shovel Knight:Treasure Trove instead and will continue to get each of the planned free campaigns and features via updates. It will work exactly like how Shovel Knight was updated to include its first campaign addition, Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows. Don’t worry!

In the spring, we will be raising the price of Shovel Knight. If you haven’t picked up Shovel Knight yet and want all the content included within Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, buy it now before the price increases this Spring! Or pick a selection of the standalone versions for a cheaper price!

Don’t forget King Knight’s very own campaign and the 4-player Battle Mode are still on the horizon for 2017. As described above, they will become available as standalone games on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC/Mac/Linux, and Nintendo Switch and will also be delivered as FREE updates on ALL platforms to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. Look forward to more news on these in the future!

And don't worry about Wii U/3DS missing out on updates, since dandyYCG posted "Wii U and 3DS will continue to get all updates!!"

• 1 month later...

http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/03/specter-of-torment-switch-launch/

Specter of Torment is now avaliable for those with the Nintendo Switch, however the rest of us will have to wait till April.

And heres more info on Body Swap Mode http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/03/designing-body-swap/

Edited by Jedi

I was wondering, has anyone here actually gotten Specter of Torment for Switch?

I mostly don't want to be spoiled about the game (especially the new boss patterns and who the final boss is), but I was curious: do sections like the Hall of Paintings, wandering adventurers, side areas where relics are necessary to traverse it (eg: Forest of Phasing-esque levels), and "gem-version" of levels (eg: the bonus level of the Sunken ship where it's purely vertical scrolling and there's no side-scrolling whatsoever, and it's only accessible when the red gem appears over the level on the map screen) still exist?

• 2 weeks later...

A tad salty about the Specter of Torment being a tad late, but man, that Body Swap mode look as balsy as it is awesome.
Like, you chose the gender of all the character, how freaking balsy is that ?

King Knight, or rather Queen Knight is my fave.

On Yacht Clubs site, says it'll be out this month at least for everyone else.

• Switch – Out Now!
  • ShovelKnight.com, Steam, Humble Store, GOG.com – Out Now!
  • Wii U, 3DS (Japan) – Out Now!
  • Wii U, 3DS (America/Europe) – April TBD
  • PS4, Vita, PS3 (America/Europe) – April TBD
  • Xbox One – April TBD
  • Fire TV – April TBD

Fixed the title too, sorry bout the false alarm.

Edited by Jedi

• 2 weeks later...