Some advice for FE7

Harvey

18x is a pretty cool chapter, though it does not matter as much on Eliwood's campaign as it will matter when you do Hector's (there's two gaiden chapters related to this that are not available for Eliwood) as If you do a complete gaiden run through of Hector's campaign you'll get a better view of the story of this game. You have more playthoughs to go through so if you plan on doing this map later you can do it later but do make sure you do it eventually...

In addition to what have been said, Hector's Mode has 2 extra chapters. What in Eliwood's Mode is Ch. 18 and 18x, in Hector Mode it is 19, 19x and 19xx.

[spoiler spoiler=HM 19xx unlock method]Raise Nils during Lyn Mode up to lv. 7 or above AND defeat the secondary boss in Ch. 19x

You two.

This is NOT Hector Mode, this is Eliwood Normal Mode. Let me repeat this:

GUYS. This is a FIRST RUN which will be ENM. Don't forget context!

In other words, this has best be the last time I hear anything BUT Eliwood Normal Mode advice. Do I make myself clear?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok let's make this clear.

I'm not going to play Hector mode anytime soon simply because of one reason...I'm playing this on an actual GBA cart and these carts are infamous for having a poor poor save data battery life in them and when this one dies, the saves are gone for good and I can't save anymore. This is what happened for all my GBA games except for Pokemon ones and a few minors.

So I'm just gonna beat the game once and will only beat the game on Hector mode when I get the VC version of the game simply because I don't have to worry about the GBA battery. Yes this means I have to beat the game once again and then get into the hector mode but atleast I don't have to worry about that stupid GBA batteries. Infact, playing it on VC/emulator can make the progress faster.

Sure it can easily die even now as I'm playing this game first time but seeing as how I'm in the mid of the game, I don't think it'll die off for a couple of weeks......i hope!

EDIT: Ok so I beated chapter 19 and all my units are above lv 10. I promoted Guy as a swordmaster and he's....ok for now.

Damn...is there no badass swordmasters around here besides Lyn(who's technically not a swordmaster but still.....)

Edited by Harvey

Damn...is there no badass swordmasters around here besides Lyn(who's technically not a swordmaster but still.....)

The only other one in Eliwood's tale is Karel, and he's mutually exclusive with the hero Harken (who is generally considered to compare favorably to Karel).

Guy could be a badass if you get him to level 20 before promoting him, probably. (I generally don't use myrmidons, so I wouldn't know for sure. But the few times I've used Guy, he hasn't disappointed.)

Edited by Paper Jam

Damn....I only have one Knight crest....don't know who to promote first. Sain, Kent or Oswin?

All of em are above lv 13+. Oswin I think is lv 17.

Huh....surprisingly I got two guilding rings....but I never used a mage at all in this game...perhaps I think here mages feel underwhelming to me...idk.

Edited by Harvey

One of Sain/Kent. Oswin's "advantage" is that his movement will suck a little less.

Once you hit Chapter 19, CHECK ENEMY INVENTORIES, TWICE. This includes reinforcements. If you don't plan on using mages, ever, sell those Guiding Rings.

Alternatively remember you can use those rings on one of your healers as well, but yeah if you don't want to use any magic for whatever inexplicable reason, sell what you don't need (remember those rings apply to all magic units not just mages, just to clarify).

Cleared chapter 22...but can't get chapter 22x but I don't care...cause getting the hero crest was damn frustrating but worth it since now Raven has reached lv 20.

I guess I only need two hero crests as I can't figure out what other unit needs it.

So I looked a bit of how to get that chapter 22x....what the hell? If getting all the way from here got me lots of level ups, how can I not be getting 700 EXP by now?

EDIT: Also...now I'm a bit paranoid that my lords aren't promoted yet. Does this make the final boss hard if they don't promote fast?

Edited by Harvey

Cleared chapter 22...but can't get chapter 22x but I don't care...cause getting the hero crest was damn frustrating but worth it since now Raven has reached lv 20.

I guess I only need two hero crests as I can't figure out what other unit needs it.

So I looked a bit of how to get that chapter 22x....what the hell? If getting all the way from here got me lots of level ups, how can I not be getting 700 EXP by now?

EDIT: Also...now I'm a bit paranoid that my lords aren't promoted yet. Does this make the final boss hard if they don't promote fast?

700 exp in that chapter. For reference, 70 Ninian dances. Now try and add that up across all the units. Really, just rescuing Pent is what I do to make it easier.

Heaven Seals are going to be showing up soon. Hector and Lyn use them to promote. Eliwood'll have to wait til Chapter 28 to promote.

700 exp in that chapter. For reference, 70 Ninian dances. Now try and add that up across all the units. Really, just rescuing Pent is what I do to make it easier.

Eh...not worth it. I mean who the hell is suppose to figure that out on first try?

Heaven Seals are going to be showing up soon. Hector and Lyn use them to promote. Eliwood'll have to wait til Chapter 28 to promote.

Ok this kinda scares me because its giving me that Roy problem again....does Eliwood need excessive grinding to make him the only one to beat the final boss?

Eh...not worth it. I mean who the hell is suppose to figure that out on first try?

Ok this kinda scares me because its giving me that Roy problem again....does Eliwood need excessive grinding to make him the only one to beat the final boss?

Yeah, it's an annoyance.

The thing is that Eliwood will probably not be the biggest contributor to the last boss. Even so, getting the lords levels is still a good idea, as the chapter before the last one is certainly tougher than the same one in FE6.

Quick Question, did you bother with Canas?

Actually, Eliwood (and Lyn for that matter) isn't that good against the final boss.

Um... Roy didn't need excessive grinding to defeat his own game's final boss. Just the Sword of Seals.

Yeah, it's an annoyance.

The thing is that Eliwood will probably not be the biggest contributor to the last boss. Even so, getting the lords levels is still a good idea, as the chapter before the last one is certainly tougher than the same one in FE6.

Quick Question, did you bother with Canas?

You get a unit in the final chapter who's more effective against FE7's final boss than Canas is, though.

No...I never used him but I'm gonna start using Pent... why?

Don't worry too much. He is useful if trained up, but there's a unit later on who will definitely be useful for the lategame for a similar reason (And I have my Canas bias, tbf.)

Pent is also useful, and will fit in grand (A rank staves... Just, why is nobody else going around with good staff ranks? Besides that other unit I mentioned)

?????

Great, now we're scaring you. Though to be honest, it is one of the tougher bosses. Eliwood and Lyn can do damage, but not at Roy levels (And if poor enough, they'll actually not be able to at all). So be prepared for using a lot of units to attack the last boss.

?????

Basically, the weapons Eliwood and Lyn get that are effective against the final boss are either stupidly heavy (Eliwood) or won't do that much damage (Lyn). Also, said boss has an attack that ignores defense, meaning you don't want to initiate combat against it.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Actually, Eliwood can do A LOT to the final boss (like, solo it). However, it requires a very specific setup, and certain stat thresholds, as well. This game throws a lot of different ways to kill the final boss, so don't worry too much about it. For now, just concentrate on getting through the game.

Also, 22x is one of my least favorite chapters, so I don't think you'll miss much if you skip it.

Don't worry too much. He is useful if trained up, but there's a unit later on who will definitely be useful for the lategame for a similar reason (And I have my Canas bias, tbf.)

Pent is also useful, and will fit in grand (A rank staves... Just, why is nobody else going around with good staff ranks? Besides that other unit I mentioned)

Renault comes stupid-late, but he works.

Actually, Eliwood can do A LOT to the final boss (like, solo it). However, it requires a very specific setup, and certain stat thresholds, as well. This game throws a lot of different ways to kill the final boss, so don't worry too much about it. For now, just concentrate on getting through the game.

eWI0DMV.png

If I remember right, this is the setup he needed? He could double with Durandal like this. (capped speed + body ring)

I don't know if getting Eliwood to this point can really be done in Eliwood Mode, since he has less chapters to be promoted. Heck, I only got him here in Hector mode by dumping bias onto him.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I guess you have a point, but I don't really trust Eliwood to get to that point the way I can Hector, for one, and second, with this being Eliwood mode... Yeah.

eWI0DMV.png

If I remember right, this is the setup he needed? He could double with Durandal like this. (capped speed + body ring)

I don't know if getting Eliwood to this point can really be done in Eliwood Mode, since he has less chapters to be promoted. Heck, I only got him here in Hector mode by dumping bias onto him.

Mostly. He doesn't need to cap Strength - I think 21 is all that's needed. It's definitely doable, unless he's Speed-screwed (in which case it's a two-turn kill).