Please evaluate my first gen pairing in Birthright

WindowsX

I'm playing Hard/Classic right now. Looks like I won't need to use heal as much as Awakening so Sakura barely level ups which is too bad. Damn all those healing floors.

As I find how productive auto healing is, I intend to maximize Amaterasu/Renewal skills as much as possible on my selected characters. I also love good support story and obtainable skills too.

Corrin X Azura

I chose SPD/LUK with Lancer talent giving decent spear skills for Asura. Giving Amaterasu for Corrin would be nice too.

Kaze X Sakura

Kaze gets Miracle, Renewal and Countermagic. Sakura gets Locktouch, Poison Strike and Lethality. Poison Strike should help Sakura chipping more damage with rank E bow.

Azama X Felicia

Azama gets Live to Serve, Inspiration and Tomebreaker and Felicia gets Miracle, Renewal and also Tomefaire for Strategist

Ryoma X Rinkah

Ryoma gets Deathblow and Counter making full use of Rajinto to 2 range attacks. Rinkah also gets Vantage which works well with her personal skills and Astra.

Hinata X Hana

Hinata gets Miracle, Renewal and Countermagic. Hana gets Locktouch, Poison Strike and Lethality. We can't waste Hana's Renewal skill.

Takumi X Orochi

Takumi gets Rend Heaven, Profiteer, and Spendthrift. Orochi gets Quick Draw, Certain Blow, and Amaterasu. I also like their support.

Subaki X Hinoka

Subaki get Spear awesomeness and Hinoka gets Samurai skills. They also make the best daughter too. We can't waste Hinoka's hidden spear talent.

Silas X Oboro

Silas gets spear awesomeness. Oboro gets Luna, Armored Blow and Aegis. Pairing Nohrian hater to good Nohrian sounds cool.

And I also plan to use Lodester on Hinata for SpeedTaker to coup with his low Speed growth, Great Lord on Hana since she's the only woman who uses Sword, and Witch on Orochi for better growth rate. Thank you. :)

First off, this game only gives you so many Heart/Partner/Friendship Seals for the majority of the game. Second, I fail to see why you're mentioning the level 15 skills, since it's not like you're going to be able to take advantage of the level 15 skills for very long (unless your name is Jakob or Felicia, that is). That said, I find Takumi/Orochi questionable since all Takumi gets out of it is Onmyoji. Also, Hinata doesn't give Hana Ninja.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

First off, this game only gives you so many Heart/Partner/Friendship Seals for the majority of the game. Second, I fail to see why you're mentioning the level 15 skills, since it's not like you're going to be able to take advantage of the level 15 skills for very long. That said, I find Takumi/Orochi questionable since all Takumi gets out of it is Onmyoji.

I agree that level 15 skills won't be useful. Heck, I didn't get to use any level 15 skills in my previous runs. You spotted right on Takumi X Orochi. I smell canon vibe from this pairing so I hooked them up considering Takumi is already OP with his awfully strong bow.

also, since Takumi already has Spear Fighter as his secondary, he already has access to Rend Heaven. since you haven't mentioned children at all (besides small Caeldori mention) I'll assume they don't matter in this (but those are terrible mods/growths for the child), but for the parents as well, the Pair Up bonuses don't mesh at all either. I feel it's a waste of Orochi's Pair Ups even if you don't use them in Defense Stance often, the option is nice

as mentioned, the overemphasis on reclassing and skills for in-game run is too much. especially Lvl 15 ones. focus only on the Lvl 5s if anything and 15 only if the class is a natural option for the character eg, Hinoka likes being Spear Master anyways so go all the way to Lvl 15 for Lancefaire (plus doesn't need to grind a new weapon rank). not all characters need/should reclass for bonus skills. Sakura definitely doesn't need to go Ninja, especially if you're just going to bring her back to Priestess. Kaze also becomes utterly useless for a full 2-3 chapters if you do so. Hana also doesn't need those Ninja skills at all while Hinata will also become useless for a couple of chapter

You're right. I completely forget Takumi already has Spear Fighter. I want to pass Renewal from Hana to others but I also want to pass Vantage to Rinkah. Hinata won't have anything useful from Rinkah pairing at all. What should I do?

I'm not sure how useful Miracle will be to Kaze considering his low luck stat.

Instead of Ninja, Hinata gives Hana Oni Savage, which could be good for her. If you want her to be a Ninja, though, perhaps she should marry Kaze or Saizo instead.

Edited by twistedxgrace

Kaze can save Sakura without Miracle on her. His luck should increase from pair-up with Sakura. I'm trying to run immortal Kaze with Miraculous Save/Miracle/Renewal/Vantage/Astra.

Anyway, I improved my pairing after giving up Vantage on Rinkah so Takumi can have Counter.

Corrin X Azura
Kaze X Sakura
Azama X Felicia
Takumi X Rinkah
Ryoma X Orochi
Hinata X Hana
Subaki X Hinoka
Silas X Oboro
Is it better now?
Edited by WindowsX

Kaze can save Sakura without Miracle on her. His luck should increase from pair-up with Sakura. I'm trying to run immortal Kaze with Miraculous Save/Miracle/Renewal/Vantage/Astra.

Anyway, I improved my pairing after giving up Vantage on Rinkah so Takumi can have Counter.

Corrin X Azura

Kaze X Sakura

Azama X Felicia

Takumi X Rinkah

Ryoma X Hana

Hinata X Orochi

Subaki X Hinoka

Silas X Oboro

Is it better now?

You do realize Miraculous Save only works when Kaze is the support unit, right? Also, I'd expect to be disappointed by your "immortal" Kaze setup - Kaze's luck stinks, and Vantage really ain't that good.

Are you doing these pairings for the sake of the children, or the parents? Because I really like Hisame, and Orochi's gonna make him a mess!

Edited by eggclipse

You do realize Miraculous Save only works when Kaze is the support unit, right? Also, I'd expect to be disappointed by your "immortal" Kaze setup - Kaze's luck stinks, and Vantage really ain't that good.

How about Kaze X Oboro and Silas X Sakura instead?

Are you doing these pairings for the sake of the children, or the parents? Because I really like Hisame, and Orochi's gonna make him a mess!

Parents only but I changed Hisame to Hana instead. Not that he gets much better though. Orochi with give birth to Ryoma's child.

Sadly, the only kids in Birthright that Orochi doesn't ruin are Rhajat, Asugi and Mitama (although she makes for a far superior physical unit). Really.. Orochi is literally the only mother who makes Shiro unsalvageable, even Felicia is a better mom for him.

Honestly, I'd kick Orochi for Kagerou. Much as I like Orochi, she'll have serious issues with squishiness later on. Felicia with a Flame Shuriken and Azama with a Bolt Naginata should be able to take care of mages for you.

If you absolutely positively MUST have a dedicated mage, use Hayato and some Skill Tonics.

I intend to use Witch seal and I already plan Sakura and Felicia to be healer with decent damage so only Orochi is free for Witch seal.

Since Azura has good enough DEF for now in my run, I plan to use one Dracoshield on Orochi to make her more durable. It should be enough with increased DEF from Witch.

Dracoshield won't really fix Orochi's squishiness, since she's facing existent ORKO scenarios in lategame. Her biggest issue is Speed, since she is prone to being doubled later on (or earlier, if she gets Speed screwed).

Still, if you think you can keep her out of harm's way, then go for it. There's one lategame chapter she shines in, but that's about it.

Dracoshield won't really fix Orochi's squishiness, since she's facing existent ORKO scenarios in lategame. Her biggest issue is Speed, since she is prone to being doubled later on (or earlier, if she gets Speed screwed).

Still, if you think you can keep her out of harm's way, then go for it. There's one lategame chapter she shines in, but that's about it.

It looks like she was quited blessed with good SPD and OK DEF. She got 11 SPD and 6 DEF right now before changing to Witch. Not that high but I'll work on it.

Edited by WindowsX