Pokemon GO - Gen 2 is here this week! New berries too!

Anacybele

Title is no joke, peeps!

I've made a new Pokemon GO thread because the old one is outdated by well over a month. But I noticed the last time I played that we actually have a tracker again! My tracking list changed drastically.

It even says Nearby at the top of the list of Pokemon again instead of Sightings. It took me a moment to figure out how this new tracker works, but it's pretty good. If you look at the Nearby Pokemon screen, it shows pictures of Pokestop locations behind the Pokemon's images. Tap which Pokemon you want to track, then tap the button with footprints on it. It'll then point out on your map which Pokestop is closest to that Pokemon.

I need to make use of this next time I'm walking around and something good pops up in the Nearby menu. I might finally get more Dratini or Dragonair for some needed candies to evolve the Dragonair I have. :P

But today I hatched a Pikachu, Magmar, and Omanyte as well as evolved a Staryu and Goldeen. I had Pokemon in two gyms, but of course, I lost one of them really fast because it was at a busy as hell area. lol Fun. ^^ I also caught a Ponyta for the first time in forever. I never see them. I've caught just as many Ponyta as I've hatched from eggs. lol Two from eggs and two from the wild. I want a Rapidash so bad, but I'm still nine candies short. >_< I'm keeping Dragonair as my walking buddy though, because those candies are even harder to get. I've gotten 86 different Pokemon, seen 104. My level is 18.

Oh, another notable change from recent updates: Eevee no longer hatches from 10km eggs. SO glad of this. It's so common, it made no sense for it to come out of rare 10km eggs at all.

Update: Gen 2 has been released! Well, some of it. It's actually gradually being released over the next few months. But I know Togepi, Pichu, and Magby are currently available.

Update: More of gen 2 will be added this week and we have some new berries as well! One is the Pinap Berry which doubles the candy yield, meaning you'll get six candies instead of three. Also, the storage upgrade in the shop is reduced in price for people who haven't upgraded yet so they have space for all those gen 2 Pokemon! There are some new trainer customization options as well, though some of them cost Pokecoins.

Edited by Anacybele

Hey, isn't anyone here besides me playing this game anymore? That's not cool...

But otherwise, here's another update! Pokemon GO's FB page says to watch for news on the 12th about the next batch of Pokemon and battling your friends! We might see trading as well since they also said they can't talk about all the details yet. ^^

It's probably just because of the weather, people will probably start playing it again once the weather is less cold.

Maybe not as much as when the game just came out, but still.

I still play it as much as before, which means not a lot: I have it on when I'm walking and know I won't be in trouble later due to low battery. That said, these are interesting news. Batttling others certainly sounds interesting and more pokemon should breath some life into the game.

Also I agree GO will probably see more popularity once Spring comes over, but not nearly as big as before. It had a lot of issues which sadly killed the early hype pretty effectively (early bugs and stale/slow updates are probably the biggest ones).

EDIT: speaking of GO, I should probably change that text under my username lol

Edited by Sylphid

Yeah, I feel the release was rushed and we got an incomplete game. And now a lot of players probably haven't caught onto the updates we've gotten since. I still see people complain about no tracker for instance, when we DO have one now.

Also, while I understand the new speed limit on Pokestops (it won't let you get anything from them if you're moving too fast, like in a car), it's kind of frustrating because I can no longer restock on Pokeballs and items as quickly as before. Oh well.

Still playing. Still getting nothing but Pidgeys.

The Halloween event was nice. Hope I catch some insanely strong Zubats, because I really want a Crobat!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting sooner, I kinda forgot. lol But gen 2 is here at last! A few of them anyway. See the OP.

I've yet to find any, but has anyone else gotten gen 2 Pokemon yet?

I encountered a 1250 something like that CP Kingler the other day though! Too bad I was almost out of Pokeballs... I also already have a Kingler about that strength. lol

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting sooner, I kinda forgot. lol But gen 2 is here at last! A few of them anyway. See the OP.

I've yet to find any, but has anyone else gotten gen 2 Pokemon yet?

A friend of mine said you can only get the baby pokemon (all they added, apparently) from eggs... Which is kind of annoying if true, since I was already at 9/9 eggs before the patch.

Did catch the christmas Pikachu though, was my my first even Pikachu as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't played Pokémon GO yet, as sadly, there's no app for my Windows Phone (booooo). Judging from my friends who do have that, it does look like a lot of fun, though. I'm also glad that they started to add Gen 2 Pokémon.

• 1 month later...

A new update has arrived! A berry carousel has been added to the battle screen. New berries are here too, including a Pinap berry that will double the candy yield, which is pretty cool because some Pokemon are very rare, like the Dratini line. Another thing, the cost of the storage upgrade has been reduced for those who haven't gotten that yet so there's more room for all those new gen 2 Pokemon!

Gen 2 is going to be finished up this week as well! The newest update didn't add them, but they're supposed to be added "later this week" the source said. In fact, it was several sources I saw this on.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention the new trainer customization options! Some of them cost Pokecoins though.

Edited by Anacybele

• 3 weeks later...

The 2nd Gen addition has me playing Pokego like a maniac again.

About two weeks ago, I went to a sports park that had become a Cyndaquil nest. Five hours later, I emerged with enough candies to keep a Typhlosion and a Quilava.

Other good catches as of late have been Sudowoodo, Pineco and a Larvitar that hatched from an egg.

I'm not sure if the anniversary event is still available, but I've only seen a couple of party Pikachu. Maybe they are far less common than the Christmas one?

I'm getting God Tier. . .Natus.  WHY?!

Sentret/Hoothoot/Murkrow/Spinarak are fairly common in my area.  Saw a few Slugmas, caught a Corsola/Octillery, and would really like it if that Togetic would come back!

On 9/3/2017 at 2:12 AM, eclipse said:

I'm getting God Tier. . .Natus.  WHY?!

Sentret/Hoothoot/Murkrow/Spinarak are fairly common in my area.  Saw a few Slugmas, caught a Corsola/Octillery, and would really like it if that Togetic would come back!

Same here... I'm also getting a bunch of 'best' IV Magcargos. I've caught more Magcargos than Slugmas, same with Octillery. How do spawns work even--

A wild Togetic? Wow, that's really sad that it escaped ; n ;

• 2 weeks later...

I've yet to see a Slugma... But it also seems that no matter where I go, I very rarely find Fire types. -_- WHYYYY? THIS IS MY FAVORITE TYPE. :(

I caught a bunch of Natu and also one Xatu. Lots of Spinarak here as well, almost ready to evolve one.

I think pokemon are supposed to appear in their 'habitats', ie. water 'mons appear near water bodies. It still doesn't explain why I see a lot of water pokemon at my local stop, because there isn't any water nearby. But then again, they are the most common type, I believe? Otherwise, I see way too many Clefairy.

I haven't had much luck with the new evolution items so far. I've only gotten two of the items; used King's Rock to evolve my Slowpoke (after a lot of walking with him as my buddy) and the Sun Stone is still sitting in my bag because I don't have a strong Oddish or enough Sunkern candies. I really want the Dragon Scale to evolve my Seadra!

That is kind of true. I see a lot of Bug types, Flying types, and to a lesser extent, Fairy types and Water types. And the last couple places I've lived at have been near woods and a college, with a river not far away where I was in NC, so...

I was somehow extremely lucky this past Saturday and found both a Snorlax and Grimer in the wild, the two Kanto Pokemon that kept eluding me. Now all I'm missing from gen 1 are the legendaries, Mr Mime and Kangaskhan (I live where Tauros is and I got Farfetch'd when I was in Japan a couple months ago), and Dragonite, which I'm walking my Dragonair for.

Still wish we could get 1-use incubators back and something to prevent Pokemon from running. My brother and I found a Blissey the other day and I caught it, but it ran from him. It's super frustrating how there's just nothing you can do about that.

I'm doing pretty well on gen 2 so far. I managed to get 5 babies before everything else dropped (Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Magby, and Smoochum), I've gotten every basic Pokemon that evolves except for Phanpy, and the only lone Pokemon I'm missing are Unown, Wobbuffet, Qwilfish, Sneasel, (which are available) Corsola, and Heracross (which are regional), aside from those that aren't available, of course. Unfortunately, the only evolution item I've gotten is one Sun Stone.

41 minutes ago, mochibird said:

I think pokemon are supposed to appear in their 'habitats', ie. water 'mons appear near water bodies. It still doesn't explain why I see a lot of water pokemon at my local stop, because there isn't any water nearby. But then again, they are the most common type, I believe? Otherwise, I see way too many Clefairy.

I haven't had much luck with the new evolution items so far. I've only gotten two of the items; used King's Rock to evolve my Slowpoke (after a lot of walking with him as my buddy) and the Sun Stone is still sitting in my bag because I don't have a strong Oddish or enough Sunkern candies. I really want the Dragon Scale to evolve my Seadra!

Clefairys are so rare where I am I had to walk my Clefairy around a lot to get Clefable.

Edited by Florete