Pokemon GO - Gen 2 is here this week! New berries too!

Anacybele

On 3/20/2017 at 8:35 PM, Florete said:

I was somehow extremely lucky this past Saturday and found both a Snorlax and Grimer in the wild, the two Kanto Pokemon that kept eluding me. Now all I'm missing from gen 1 are the legendaries, Mr Mime and Kangaskhan (I live where Tauros is and I got Farfetch'd when I was in Japan a couple months ago), and Dragonite, which I'm walking my Dragonair for.

Still wish we could get 1-use incubators back and something to prevent Pokemon from running. My brother and I found a Blissey the other day and I caught it, but it ran from him. It's super frustrating how there's just nothing you can do about that.

I'm doing pretty well on gen 2 so far. I managed to get 5 babies before everything else dropped (Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Magby, and Smoochum), I've gotten every basic Pokemon that evolves except for Phanpy, and the only lone Pokemon I'm missing are Unown, Wobbuffet, Qwilfish, Sneasel, (which are available) Corsola, and Heracross (which are regional), aside from those that aren't available, of course. Unfortunately, the only evolution item I've gotten is one Sun Stone.

Clefairys are so rare where I am I had to walk my Clefairy around a lot to get Clefable.

Happy times were those they'd give us a one-use incubator per day. And running pokemon... Don't remind me. There really should be a berry that prevented or lowered the chance for pokemon to escape.

That's really lucky~ I got 3 of the babies, and then have only been getting Caterpies. It seems like my region has all the pokemon you're missing. I've seen way too many Wobbuffet and Phanpy (I just need another one to be able to evolve mine). Corsola and Heracross are also in my region, but starters are still rare to find.

I read somewhere that they're developing a trade feature, but it might not come until much later. It'd be great to trade regional pokemon and those that are rare in certain parts of the world.

Edit: Whoa there are shinies now?! Bf just caught a shiny magikarp oAo 

Edited by mochibird

• 4 weeks later...

I knew they were going to do something egg-related for Easter! It just made too much sense. Yayz! I haven't played in awhile because of Heroes and not being able to go anywhere much, but I'll play again for this event!