Serenes Forest Scribbles 2016. Winners announced!

Tangerine

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, man. I knew this would be coming. I've been trying to think of an entry for this since the end of the last contest. I wanted to make sure it was done in plenty of time. But I have yet to make a decision.

My goal this year is less to "win" and more to improve from where I stood last year, which, in my own eyes, was still a fairly good placement, making it into the second round and all, even if I was severely outmatched there.

Hmm . . . I'll likely keep it musical in some form, like an arrangement or composition of some sort, but I need to up my game somehow.

Time to tighten down on brainstorming, I suppose :)

can I submit a completly original work, as in the story I've been working on for an original game, that's been heavily inspired by Fire Emblem (gameplay wise).

has nothing to do with FE

can I submit a completly original work, as in the story I've been working on for an original game, that's been heavily inspired by Fire Emblem (gameplay wise).

has nothing to do with FE

i mean it says in the rules

1. Your submission must be Fire Emblem related. Your stories, pictures, etc can have original characters or locations in them, but be sure that it can be easily recognized as a Fire Emblem piece.

so i think that sort of speaks for itself

I think I've come to a decision on what I'm going to do. I'm excited, and I really hope that--even if I don't win--that whoever listens to the piece I arrange will enjoy it. I've got a lot of work ahead of me over the next couple of months, but I think I can make this better than last year. Of course, it may sound similar in some ways to my sub from last year simply because I have a certain style about my music that makes everything start blending together after a while lol

Really? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Edit: You're right, it was Putin lol. Wonder how I could've mixed that one up...

If I recall correctly there was an appearance of Giant Stalin. Perhaps your mind just remembered mustached dictator and defaulted to the slightly better known one.

Heard about this on Ghast Station's youtube channel; made an account just so I could participate in this contest.

Will be submitting my (almost complete) FanFic: Robin for Exalt. Don't know if I'll get around to writing the final 2 chapters anytime soon. But it currently stands at 28 chapters, 227 favorites, and 384 (mostly positive) reviews.

If thats what I've got, thats what I've got.

...I really should get around to writing those final chapters...

Heard about this on Ghast Station's youtube channel; made an account just so I could participate in this contest.

Will be submitting my (almost complete) FanFic: Robin for Exalt. Don't know if I'll get around to writing the final 2 chapters anytime soon. But it currently stands at 28 chapters, 227 favorites, and 384 (mostly positive) reviews.

If there's going to be a hundred+ submissions like last time then I can guarantee people will not be interested in reading a full fan fic (unless those chapters are ridiculously short). Best to take the best piece of writing you have from it that can stand alone as a work and submit that. I can't quite remember but I think one to three thousand words was generally what people aimed for with writing submissions last time.

If there's going to be a hundred+ submissions like last time then I can guarantee people will not be interested in reading a full fan fic (unless those chapters are ridiculously short). Best to take the best piece of writing you have from it that can stand alone as a work and submit that. I can't quite remember but I think one to three thousand words was generally what people aimed for with writing submissions last time.

...okay...short, sweet, and simple....got it...

maybe this one then

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10751475/1/Challenge-Accepted

Edited by Shoblongoo

Something to keep in mind:

Q: Can I submit something I created previous to this event?

A: It's difficult for us to know "when" something was made, but in the spirit of the event we'd prefer if you submitted something you made for it specifically.

This is gonna be a bit difficult for me, but I'll figure something out (and hopefully I won't have to do a last-minute thing).

If I recall correctly there was an appearance of Giant Stalin. Perhaps your mind just remembered mustached dictator and defaulted to the slightly better known one.

lol, it's possible!

Hey, welcome to SF! I didn't even know he'd mentioned it yet; we haven't started advertising officially because we don't have all of the prizes filled out, but I'm glad to see a new face already lol!

Yup, I think the writing submission that placed best last year was of decent length (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NaKBqdq9OvWNEdrAFgB38J1erEraFvZRKjVGifFVoaA/edit?pref=2&pli=1) itself. And the comic artist that placed in the top ten decided to submit a single chapter rather than the entire thing.

I'm not sure how many submissions we'll get, it's as unclear as the previous year! I'm expecting we'll get a good bit less than last year, since there was a lot of unexpected Fates hype around the time we announced the event. Still looking forward to a nice turnout from our fandom's great creative minds!

I don't know if I'm going to enter this year, guess it depends on what kind of mood I am in throughout the competition.

Hope you find yourself in a good mood then! Good luck :P:.

---

Edit: Updated our Cipher pic with a pic of the actual card packs. Total of 18 packs will be given away as prizes, 2x for every top 3 placement in each category!

The bulk of our raffle prizes will be announced and have pics up soon.

Edited by Tangerine

Ah. I remember this thing, I did a story for this thing. i might try to do so again. Or I can try and be really crazy and do a poke-rap style recap of All the fire emblem characters, one of those two ideas is probably the saner one, not quite sure which...

Has anyone entered piano arrangements before? I was meaning to last time around, but I'm just about done with one now that would fit quite well. Oh, and it'll probably be a video score as I suck at actually playing, in addition to standard files like a PDF and midi etc.

Edited by Maelstrom.

Has anyone entered piano arrangements before? I was meaning to last time around, but I'm just about done with one now that would fit quite well. Oh, and it'll probably be a video score as I suck at actually playing, in addition to standard files like a PDF and midi etc.

I arranged an orchestral medley last year, so, as long as the arrangement is your own, you could probably do that if you wanted.

This looks like a whole lot of fun! I'm a bit busy right now, and I'm not much of a writer, but it would be interesting to try my hand at contributing something should I have the time.

Of course, I would prefer writing something original, and while I see that it's allowed, I don't know how one should go about making it distinctly Fire Emblem in a short enough story that it's easy for people to read and appreciate.

This looks like a whole lot of fun! I'm a bit busy right now, and I'm not much of a writer, but it would be interesting to try my hand at contributing something should I have the time.

Of course, I would prefer writing something original, and while I see that it's allowed, I don't know how one should go about making it distinctly Fire Emblem in a short enough story that it's easy for people to read and appreciate.

Well if you want to write something original, then you should consider entering the Serenes Write Your Butt Off Competition. A monthly event. No cash prizes or anything but it's a bit of fun. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52670&page=1

Taking place in an established FE world and setting is enough to qualify it. If you have any ideas like that floating around, they're more than welcome. I'm sure some really creative storytelling ideas could work as well.

Hi guys, sorry it took so long, but we've finally got our raffle prizes up!

N9On8oE.png

Four new and still sealed amiibos will be raffled off separately, so four people who enter the event, regardless of placement, will have a chance to win one of them. We'll let people choose which one they want, with the first number rolled getting first pick and so on. Good luck!

We might not end up adding more prizes, we'll see what happens. Will likely start advertising the event within the next couple days now.

Hope I end up getting Ike!

I'm honestly more excited for the cards or the amiibo than I am the artbook or pendant. So, here's hoping I get into the top three.

Edited by Power Master