Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero: Friends Till The End

Jedi

This game is looking gorgeous! As a big fan of the Shantae series i'm quite excited for the game, although I am going to miss the Pirate Weapons of "Pirates Curse" at the same time it is cool to see Shantae having her animal form dances back (Shown in the E3 stuff too).

Who else here is hyped for this game? I've been waiting for it for quite some time now.

This was awhile ago but Shantae's VA sung the main theme of the new game, which is used in the opening stage

Edited by Jedi

I wouldn't say I'm exactly hyped since I never played a Shantae game before but its certainly peaking my interest. I may very well end up buying it.

Risky's Revenge and Pirates Curse are available on steam among other things, if you're curious to see 2 of the games before this one, original GBC Shantae is also on the 3DS eshop iirc.

SomecallmeJohnny has also done a small retrospective if you'd like to just see that

Edited by Jedi

Risky's Revenge and Pirates Curse are available on steam among other things, if you're curious to see 2 of the games before this one, original GBC Shantae is also on the 3DS eshop iirc.

SomecallmeJohnny has also done a small retrospective if you'd like to just see that

Thanks! I've seen it some time before which made me decide against testing the first games first. They came across as decent but flawed which wasn't what I was looking for at the moment. The production values seem a bit higher in this one from what little i've seen.

I played Pirates Curse, and holy crap, was it awesome. It's the kind of game that show just how perefect indie game can be.

Do I really have to say that I'm hyped for 1/2 Genie Hero ?

Edited by B.Leu

Thanks! I've seen it some time before which made me decide against testing the first games first. They came across as decent but flawed which wasn't what I was looking for at the moment. The production values seem a bit higher in this one from what little i've seen.

My favorite part of the video - https://youtu.be/Sy_kB6k0Py8?t=14m12s

Here's my review for the third Shantae game - http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50722

The first two ARE flawed, but the third... not so much.

My goodness, it's glorious.

I'm weird with this series. I've actually only played Shantae on the GBC, yet I've been following the series ever since. I've just never had the money to buy Risky's Revenge or Pirate's Curse whenever I wanted to.

Either way, great to see this finally coming together.

I enjoyed Pirate's Curse a lot, so I'll definitely pick this one up. I'm a sucker for a good action-oriented platformer, and Shantae's silly comedy is a big step up from the genre norm of writing which is either non-existent or embarrassing.

I am going to miss the Pirate Weapons of "Pirates Curse" at the same time it is cool to see Shantae having her animal form dances back (Shown in the E3 stuff too).

One of the Kickstarter goals was a Risky Boots mode with the Pirate gear and it got funded. It's also full-length.

That's probably the part I'm most excited for.

One of the Kickstarter goals was a Risky Boots mode with the Pirate gear and it got funded. It's also full-length.

That's probably the part I'm most excited for.

Oh right I forgot about that. Hype hype.

While flawed I still think they are very fun games to run through, something I always appreciate about when Johnny looks at games is he is honest, so yeah they have flaws, but I'd definitely give Pirates Curse a go for sure. Risky's Revenge is fun to blaze through despite its really short length imo.

GameXplain now has a longer video, showcasing the first area and mermaid boss.

Thanks for posting this! I was at work and unable to.

Looking really good.

• 2 weeks later...

There are now two reviews on Metacritic, and they say it's GOOD... so, no surprises. Apparently there's no map though, which is a bummer since that was one of the biggest gameplay improvements in Pirate's Curse. But they're gonna do that Shovel Knight free DLC thing with different playable characters.

There are now two reviews on Metacritic, and they say it's GOOD... so, no surprises. Apparently there's no map though, which is a bummer since that was one of the biggest gameplay improvements in Pirate's Curse. But they're gonna do that Shovel Knight free DLC thing with different playable characters.

From what I've played, a map wouldn't be very helpful. It's rather linear.

Best comparison I have is DKC meets Metroid.