Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero: Friends Till The End

Jedi

There are now two reviews on Metacritic, and they say it's GOOD... so, no surprises. Apparently there's no map though, which is a bummer since that was one of the biggest gameplay improvements in Pirate's Curse. But they're gonna do that Shovel Knight free DLC thing with different playable characters.

I think Risky would probably play how Shantae did in Pirate curse with all that equipment. I heard how people prefer those weapons over Shantae's magic so that's probably a very good call on the developers part.

I think Risky would probably play how Shantae did in Pirate curse with all that equipment. I heard how people prefer those weapons over Shantae's magic so that's probably a very good call on the developers part.

Not only that but Shantae herself even with her old gameplay style plays way faster than she used to, its like a Megaman X to Risky's Revenge Classic Megaman in terms of speed upgrade.

Hey Jedi, have you found any health upgrades yet?

Go back to the first stage with the Monkey form. :P:

Edited by Jedi

Yeah, I got it. Almost have all of them.

Actually almost done the plot but I've still got a few ?s on the World Map that I want to find first.

Edited by Ema Skye

Yeah, I got it. Almost have all of them.

Actually almost done the plot but I've still got a few ?s on the World Map that I want to find first.

Find all the transformations? The mouse mazes slightly annoy me at the Mermaid Falls haha

Haha yeah!

Anyways, beat the game last night.

I like it more than Pirate's Curse! It feels like a proper sequel to Risky's Revenge with all of the QoL improvements that Pirate's Curse made.

Only thing I'm not a fan of is how redundant some transformations are. I don't think I ever needed spider for anything required and I needed it for one collectable. Bat was largely redundant with Harpy aside from the Sonar you use once. Crab is a bad Mermaid.

Well if you get Bat early you can cheese some of the Desert area for instance, and a few other paths, but yeah I have to agree some of the transformations feel quite... redundant or weak, but overall its a pretty great game.

I'm not sure if I like it or Pirates Curse more right now though, they are structured quite a bit differently for me to be able to easily compare them. Plus we technically don't have the full 1/2 Genie Hero game yet, considering we have a number of characters to wait for to see how they play through the areas.

Edited by Jedi

The only thing I actively dislike so far is that STUPID sandworm!

Sand worms are my friends (I often drive past them in futuristic vehicles).

https://youtu.be/0OPcBf5SOik?t=37s

https://youtu.be/VQsBo6e_POE?t=3m10s

When I get Half Genie Hero, I will look forward to fighting Wilbur.

Join me in my "Sand Worm Lives Matter" campaign.

Monkey form is so helpful for the chase sequence up the tower, although he rubberbands unfortunately, so never slow down.

That area is also important later because you can explore it after you beat the stage.

• 2 months later...

We have an update! I'm sure quite a few people will be enjoying this as one common complaint I see with 1/2 Genie Hero is that its way too easy.

Edited by Jedi

3 hours ago, Zera said:

Ooh, that looks exciting! But can it still be broken with the invincibility magic?

Not sure, haven't gotten to playing it yet, but I'd imagine its still busted.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...