The Last of Us 2

Jedi

So the hit game "The Last of Us" is getting a sequel, I thought the ending of the first was good as is, but it'll be interesting to see where Joel and Ellie go from how that game ended and this one begins.

Quite the great narrative and I must say they have alot of pressure to make this stand out as much as the first one did.

I kinda just love the fact that this exists at all considering Naughty Dog originally thought The Last of Us would be very poorly-received and ruin their reputation, but then it went on to win multiple awards and be universally acclaimed (and it totally deserved it), and now it's getting a sequel.

I do think the first wrapped itself up well but I trust that they can do the sequel justice.

Well, it doesn't surprise me.

I have the first game, though I've yet to beat it. I think it was alright, even if it's not my cup of tea. I would guess this might be no different if the gameplay isn't drastically so. Might still give it a try if I can get it.

I feel that this is just an unnecessary sequel, as I felt that the og game had a start and an end to the story line.

I just think some games don't need follow ups.

yeah. i don't see how a sequel would not ruin the ambiguous ending of this game.

i'm mostly likely just ignoring this.

To those worried whether this game will feel forced I would like to remind you that Naughty Dog doesn't make bad games (and Sony lets them do whatever the heck they want so they are under no obligation to make another Last of Us), that every Uncharted game had a clear beginning middle and end, and that in interviews early on they stated that they wouldn't do this for that exact reason so obviously they found something that they feel they can expound on. Say what you want about Naughty Dog's ability to create good gameplay cause not very good (though they are slowly getting better at designing the video game part of their video games) but they never falter on the story and character front. Frankly if they can make a character like Sam feel not that forced they can do anything they please and make it work.

Anyways though this game is a looooong time coming and I have no idea why the announce this so early there is no way in heck this game is coming before 2019 (they just finished uncharted 4 your delusional if you think they could have last of us 2 out within two years). So yeah whenever it comes out I'll pick it up but this is not the type a game that kills me waiting for it (really only Zelda can do that to do that to me i'm generally a patient guy). I Already play too many RPG's a year so whenever a good action adventure game like this comes out I always pick them up.