Fate/Stay Night Role Play: The 6th Holy Grail War (SIGN UPS CLOSED)

EdwardSunnyDisposition

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say that Gilgamesh wasn't overpowered and that using him was justified, what I meant was that I didn't mind others playing overpowered Servants so long as they are doing it for the right reasons. If their only reason to have one is to kill everybody and win, then I'd definitely be against it, but if they were experienced role-players that chose an overpowered Servant not for the fact that he was overpowered, but due to the quality of the interactions and scenarios that they could create not just for themselves but everybody else, then I'd be all for it. It's just that those people are rare, which is why the ban on overpowered Servants exists in the first place.

After thinking about it for a bit, I've noticed how there's very little regulation regarding the masters themselves. I mean this is logical from a real-life perspective since there's nothing that regulates what people can or cannot do (except the laws of physics), but we need to regulate it from an RP perspective. So I propose that in addition to the servants' stats, we also send each other the equipment the masters brought to the field and also traps if any, so that we wouldn't accuse each other of making stuff up during the battle. Of course if this is considered unfair, they could also give the information to a non-participant third party who will act as referee. Just a thought.

6 minutes ago, HeraldofHector said:

Technically no because it's not standard but it's a grey area. So "Mana Transfers" should be safe to use. 

Besides can't have Fate without Mana Transfers 

Indeed it is the most important stuff 

6 hours ago, A Random Player said:

After thinking about it for a bit, I've noticed how there's very little regulation regarding the masters themselves. I mean this is logical from a real-life perspective since there's nothing that regulates what people can or cannot do (except the laws of physics), but we need to regulate it from an RP perspective. So I propose that in addition to the servants' stats, we also send each other the equipment the masters brought to the field and also traps if any, so that we wouldn't accuse each other of making stuff up during the battle. Of course if this is considered unfair, they could also give the information to a non-participant third party who will act as referee. Just a thought.

I like this idea, but surely the element of surprise is vital for some people, like when Kiritsugu used his origin bullets on Kayneth. 

Nevertheless, it does stop asspulls, I prefer the third party idea though it would require someone not participating to watch intently.

40 minutes ago, EdwardSunnyDisposition said:

I like this idea, but surely the element of surprise is vital for some people, like when Kiritsugu used his origin bullets on Kayneth. 

Nevertheless, it does stop asspulls, I prefer the third party idea though it would require someone not participating to watch intently.

Oh yeah I had a question 

if you choose an existing servant but they go like 50-75 points above the 1000 points

are they still okay?

19 minutes ago, Featherine123 said:

Oh yeah I had a question 

if you choose an existing servant but they go like 50-75 points above the 1000 points

are they still okay?

Yeah but it makes it really easy to figure out who they are. At least that seems the general consensus 

2 minutes ago, HeraldofHector said:

Yeah but it makes it really easy to figure out who they are. At least that seems the general consensus 

Cause I was looking at Atoria and noticed

It'll be pretty impossible to summon her if the limit was 1000 points

6 hours ago, EdwardSunnyDisposition said:

I thought about giving the information to one of the other masters not part of the engagement. We referee each other that way.

10 hours ago, A Random Player said:

I thought about giving the information to one of the other masters not part of the engagement. We referee each other that way.

That in and of itself can cause problems because they may side with the pair that would give them the least amount of problems later in the war

On 5/8/2017 at 11:07 AM, A Random Player said:

I mean, for myself, I do plan on explaining any pre-planned traps in the posts during our RP, and hope that you guys role play properly, since while you, the player knows that there may be certain traps in an area, your character does not.

8 hours ago, HeraldofHector said:

That in and of itself can cause problems because they may side with the pair that would give them the least amount of problems later in the war

Fair point. But it's less about refereeing the results and more about telling which traps/equipment are made up on the spot and which one has been there beforehand. A fact checker more or less. Of course you CAN still be biased but without a third party, I think it's a seviceable alternative.

52 minutes ago, bioky858 said:

I mean, for myself, I do plan on explaining any pre-planned traps in the posts during our RP, and hope that you guys role play properly, since while you, the player knows that there may be certain traps in an area, your character does not.

Indeed, this is what I had in mind the first place. However, it is natural to want to win, and sometimes we accidentally rp using information we shouldn't know ic to do so. Without this system though, people can make up potions and traps that weren't there before. It all comes down to the lesser of 2 evils unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, A Random Player said:

Fair point. But it's less about refereeing the results and more about telling which traps/equipment are made up on the spot and which one has been there beforehand. A fact checker more or less. Of course you CAN still be biased but without a third party, I think it's a seviceable alternative.

Indeed, this is what I had in mind the first place. However, it is natural to want to win, and sometimes we accidentally rp using information we shouldn't know ic to do so. Without this system though, people can make up potions and traps that weren't there before. It all comes down to the lesser of 2 evils unfortunately.

I just want to have fun and hope stuff like that doesn't happen, but your right, it is human nature to want to win. All in all, I hope we start this month at least, I just finished my finals and I'm looking forward to some rping.

4 hours ago, bioky858 said:

Was @EdwardSunnyDisposition able to help you out @Leona on the Master profile?

From what I saw, all the sections were mostly there and the character seems interesting, all that was needed really was some backstory of past events leading up to the War, similar to what was done by others.

20 hours ago, bioky858 said:

I just want to have fun and hope stuff like that doesn't happen, but your right, it is human nature to want to win. All in all, I hope we start this month at least, I just finished my finals and I'm looking forward to some rping.

My finals start 1st of June, so I'm at the calm before the storm I guess.

Edited by EdwardSunnyDisposition

20 hours ago, bioky858 said:

My finals start 1st of June, so I'm at the calm before the storm I guess.

Edited by EdwardSunnyDisposition
Pls delete double post :)