Fate/Stay Night Role Play: The 6th Holy Grail War (SIGN UPS CLOSED)

EdwardSunnyDisposition

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/7/2017 at 3:17 AM, bioky858 said:

Another question, has anyone started on the command seals if they decided to do them? I might start tomorrow and I was curious how far anyone might be?

I'm really bad at art :'( But I may try at some point soon.

Edited by EdwardSunnyDisposition

• 2 weeks later...

*chuckles nervously*

Well, uh, I've still got the notepad somewhere >.>

Also I just checked their profiles and it doesn't seem like the other two have logged in for a long time.

Edited by Leona

Is this Forum still active? If so, I might be interested in joining if there are still some empty slots, though I have a little question regarding the location of this Forum. Instead of operating out of a Fire Emblem fan-site, why not move to, say, a fanfiction website or one dedicated to roleplaying in general? I'd reckon you'd find more traffic that way... though this is just me sticking my nose into things that don't necessarily concern me I guess? 

3 hours ago, ChristmasForJuan said:

Is this Forum still active? If so, I might be interested in joining if there are still some empty slots, though I have a little question regarding the location of this Forum. Instead of operating out of a Fire Emblem fan-site, why not move to, say, a fanfiction website or one dedicated to roleplaying in general? I'd reckon you'd find more traffic that way... though this is just me sticking my nose into things that don't necessarily concern me I guess? 

We are active in a sense, recruitment seems to be full so there are currently no slots available for this War, although that could change. It's taking a while to get started, we don't have all the input we need to officially start. :/

As for the location of the RP, I actually did post this in two roleplaying forums for 3 or so weeks each. I got no responses. :'(

So then I decided to post it in the SF Roleplay section (it's not as if they only do FE) as I've seen reliable enough traffic, certainly better than some sites dedicated to RPing ironically.

Also it may have been that the Fate series wasn't so hot there, whereas here I find a lot of people have heard of or enjoy it.

I hope that answers all your questions :p

Oh right. I was just curious because I admittedly only stumbled across this website because of the Fate-bait that was laid out, which made me wonder why it was here of all places that I'd find an up and running Fate RP ^o^

And it can't be helped if all the spots are already filled, that just means you are well on your way to a good time. I might just stay and lurk for while though since this is the first time I've seen an RP in which Servants are kept a secret from each other, even the Forum administrator, so I want to see how it plays out. You've obviously gone through a lot of work to ensure fairness in the Servant Creation process via the comprehensive guide you've laid out, so I'm interested in what kind of Servants will come out of that process.

9 hours ago, ChristmasForJuan said:

Hmm, maybe a roll-call of all the active members could clarify things? Then again, I'm obviously biased in that regard so I'll try to stay out of this ^^

You know that's not a bad idea but we would need a deadline set for the call or it would stay open ended

Right, that would give everybody enough time to respond just in case they were wrapped up in work or other things. It would be bad if somebody missed the roll-call but still wanted to participate after all. Maybe set the deadline to the end of this week or the next? Then again, it's all up to Edward in the end.

Yeah a deadline sounds good. I'll include both active and inactive members in it, just in case.

Alright, paging @EdwardSunnyDisposition @Leona @bioky858 @Sarki @HeraldofHector @Lunar Eclipse @GreenYeah @ARandomPlayer

You have until Wednesday 26th April (a week today) to confirm your  continued presence on this thread. If you don't by that date, I will be privy to offer the spot to someone else. 

On another note, Rider's master can't be @mentioned, this is already worrying considering they actually had a super awesome idea for their master :/

I'll confirm @EdwardSunnyDisposition straight away :p

On 1/24/2017 at 9:45 PM, A Random Player said:

Just want to remind everyone that I'm still here. Also I think I'm making the switch to Rider since it may fit my hero more.

I'll be quite busy these 2 weeks but I should be pretty much free after so I should be able to finally submit my character by then.

Confirming for @A Random Player. I was having trouble finding a fitting servant but I finally found one, so looking forward to this.

EDIT: Spaces, they matter. XD

Edited by A Random Player

2 minutes ago, A Random Player said:

I'm rider though. Also confirming for @A Random Player. I was having trouble finding a fitting servant but I finally found one, so looking forward to this.

Awesome! I've noted you down. Yeah for some reason trying to tag you just isn't registering on my end, I tried the spaces and everything

I also remember that you were Caster but switched to Rider in January, I note these things as soon as they happen :p

Jumper's Master, @Sarki, present!

I know it may seem odd for me to be one of the more active thread participants, only to go mute for a while. For that, I apologize. I feel that many people here have received me with hostility, so I've been rather adamant in posting here lately. Not to say I don't plan on delving further back in, though. Nevertheless, I'll have you know I've been diligently lurking this thread for updates. If you need to reach me sooner, get me on Twitter of Miiverse (y'know, when I'm not banned?)

I am in favor of disqualifying @GreenYeah, considering they haven't posted in a really long time even after he's been mentioned thrice. Would give @ChristmasForJaun an open Lancer slot. :>

Ore wa, you don't need to know when Jumper & Master are complete. But I assure you they'll be ready by game start!

Hostility? I might just be an outside party so I might not know what I'm saying, but I don't think your presence was that under-appreciated. Lurking isn't necessarily a punishable offense in these early stages when you are still waiting for people to trickle in anyway, and real life will hit you whenever you last want it to. Then again, this is coming from me, so take it as you will ^^

As for @GreenYeah, it might be fair to give him a chance first before booting him, seeing as he might have his own set of circumstances... though I would be lying if I said I wasn't eying his spot hungrily. Master and Servant Creation is a hobby of mine, so I'd have the Character Sheets done and ready, though I would have to cross-check my Lancer with the Servant Creation Guide first. That is, of course, only if a spot opened up. The spot is @GreenYeah's by right until next Wednesday.

Speaking of which, after going through the Character Creation Guide, I'm kinda curious as to what makes the Jumper Class unique? The original 7 are pretty self-explanatory, while the likes of Ruler and Avenger are also pretty straight-forward, but what is it that defines a Jumper Class Servant? It is said that the criteria are that one has to be a hero from another world, though does "world" in this case refer to the in-universe world (referring to an alien or a Servant from a parallel timeline) or does "world" stand for the actual series itself. For example, does this imply that the Jumper Class can be a character from a different Anime/Manga, Light Novel, Comic, or Movie? I might be putting too much thought into it and letting my own imagination get in my way, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm genuinely curious though since this is a concept I'm unfamiliar with ^^

4 hours ago, A Random Player said:

Seen below are my attempts at doodling command spells.

Reveal hidden contents

IpLM7RC.jpg

This one's a bit simpler, but I like it too.

kOLUYBl.jpg

Yo that's pretty awesome dude. I need to get round to making mine :p

14 hours ago, ChristmasForJuan said:

Speaking of which, after going through the Character Creation Guide, I'm kinda curious as to what makes the Jumper Class unique? The original 7 are pretty self-explanatory, while the likes of Ruler and Avenger are also pretty straight-forward, but what is it that defines a Jumper Class Servant? It is said that the criteria are that one has to be a hero from another world, though does "world" in this case refer to the in-universe world (referring to an alien or a Servant from a parallel timeline) or does "world" stand for the actual series itself. For example, does this imply that the Jumper Class can be a character from a different Anime/Manga, Light Novel, Comic, or Movie? I might be putting too much thought into it and letting my own imagination get in my way, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm genuinely curious though since this is a concept I'm unfamiliar with ^^

Tbh, one of the main attractions of the Jumper class is that it is a complete anomaly; basically none of us can really comprehend for certain the qualifications to be a Jumper. Also, the added degree here is that Jumper and their master remain anonymous within the War itself (not the user but the master and servant do) unless they present themselves, giving an advantage. However if you peruse the character creation document you will see a clear disadvantage that balances this out (look at the base stats for example).

Alright, just waiting for Saber, Archer and Lancer's respective Masters, the deadline isn't for a while so can't jump to any conclusions yet!

Right, so I guess in this case the Jumper Class benefits heavily from the element of surprise, or rather, from the freedom to take advantage of the fact that nobody knows about it's existence to go around town and harass the other parties and maybe even pit them against each other. That, or wait until they eliminate themselves and pick off the weakened parties one by one without anybody ever finding out that they exist. Stats aren't hugely important when it comes down to it too, so the Jumper Class might be more threatening than expected. Thanks for the answer @EdwardSunnyDisposition.

Master of Saber here. Nice command seals by the way @A Random Player. I should start on mine I just have to deal with an essay and finals coming up. I will be pretty free after the second week of May.

A random question, but in case I wanted another friend to join (which I doubt will happen since he is busy) could I have them play as a servant of mine? It will most likely not happen, especially if we start some time soon.

Edited by bioky858