Fate/Stay Night Role Play: The 6th Holy Grail War (SIGN UPS CLOSED)

EdwardSunnyDisposition

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is caster taken? If not I'd like to sign up as it.

Also, will you be acting as the supervisor as well?

Noted for Caster.

There will be no supervisor for this War, the Kotomine family has perished, and the Holy Church does not wish to get involved as a mediator. They are now looking to dispatch a contestant for themselves in fact.

Noted for Caster.

There will be no supervisor for this War, the Kotomine family has perished, and the Holy Church does not wish to get involved as a mediator. They are now looking to dispatch a contestant for themselves in fact.

Probably for the better, they've never been anything but biased.

Archer or Lancer your choice

Can we discuss some different potential candidates from each class over PM? Also will we be role playing both the master and servant at the same time?

Edited by Jotari

Can we discuss some different potential candidates from each class over PM? Also will we be role playing both the master and servant at the same time?

As I am technically a participant, do not reveal anything about your servant to me please. The only information that should be public knowledge is your master sign up.

I trust you can use your judgement to determine if a certain historical figure would fit a certain class :p As long as there's like, some basic reasoning behind it, anything goes.

And yes, both Servant and Master will be RP'ed simultaneously. There's a bit more to it though, which I should have addressed in the main post (I'll edit it now).

The main two things I was wondering was if full gods are allowed (I was considering Odin for Lancer). Gods generally don't seem to feature in the canon material but Angra Mainu is a top tier god and has a very distinct role in the series. My other question was how modern we can go. I believe the most recent servant (aside from Emiya of course) is Frankenstein (which I find pretty absurd given how verifiably fictional it is) so would people living in the twentieth century be fair game?

Gods are generally not accepted. Angra Mainyu was a human originally, and only took that form because of his village's belief. The form summoned in the Grail War was incredibly weak because he was just a human, with no actual combat skills.

Everyone knows about Frankenstein's monster, so at this point whether it existed or not is irrelevant.

Someone living in the 20th century would probably be fine if they're well known, but the rule of the series is the older the stronger so anything you summon from the 20th century is probably gonna be pretty weak.

Gods are generally not accepted. Angra Mainyu was a human originally, and only took that form because of his village's belief. The form summoned in the Grail War was incredibly weak because he was just a human, with no actual combat skills.

Everyone knows about Frankenstein's monster, so at this point whether it existed or not is irrelevant.

Someone living in the 20th century would probably be fine if they're well known, but the rule of the series is the older the stronger so anything you summon from the 20th century is probably gonna be pretty weak.

But the whole Angra Mainyu villager is (as far as I know) invented completely by Fate/Stay Night. One could just as easily invent a human Odin who was a powerful nordic king in life that was revered as a god.

There are like 2 gods that are playable in Fate Grand Order. However, the only reason they appear is because they abuse some loopholes in the summoning system. Artemis is there because she hijacks Orion's summoning and pretends to be him, and Ishtar uses Rin's body in order to nerf herself to be summonable. You could also do the Angra villager thing too.

Right. I'll put my dibs on Archer then.

Noted down for Archer.

The main two things I was wondering was if full gods are allowed (I was considering Odin for Lancer). Gods generally don't seem to feature in the canon material but Angra Mainu is a top tier god and has a very distinct role in the series. My other question was how modern we can go. I believe the most recent servant (aside from Emiya of course) is Frankenstein (which I find pretty absurd given how verifiably fictional it is) so would people living in the twentieth century be fair game?

I'd say spinning it as a human who was a powerful Nordic King is acceptable tbh (not that that's what you're going with because too late you've revealed it to us now). But yeah Full God's are a bit too much.

As for how modern you can go, honestly someone from the 20th century is fine in my books (even if it's not so common in the material).

The most recent servant is Nikola Tesla, then it's Frankenstien/Jekyll and Hyde

Edit: You could do a servant like Odin if you chose to use a human form of some sort, like how Thor is summonable in Prisma Illya(abiet, as a card, but theory suggests it's the mortal version of Thor)

Edited by Shadowfrost Zenbiniar

The most recent servant is Nikola Tesla, then it's Frankenstien/Jekyll and Hyde

Edit: You could do a servant like Odin if you chose to use a human form of some sort, like how Thor is summonable in Prisma Illya(abiet, as a card, but theory suggests it's the mortal version of Thor)

Haha awesome. Probably would have made him a Caster over an Archer, but still, that's pretty cool.

Edited by Jotari

• 3 weeks later...