Fate/Stay Night Role Play: The 6th Holy Grail War (SIGN UPS CLOSED)

EdwardSunnyDisposition

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/26/2017 at 5:13 AM, bioky858 said:

It would be very awkward, should we have someone check the names of the heroes just to be sure there is no match somehow lol?

On 1/25/2017 at 7:51 PM, Leona said:

You mean the same hero?

Oof, that would be a disaster.

Now here me on this - would that actually be such a bad thing? Say for example, we end up with two variations on Cu - his legend as a spear wielder reflected as Lancer, and his legend as Scathach the mage's protege reflected as Caster, and they both participated in the same war. Couldn't that lead to some interesting interactions? Although, is it even possible to summon the same servant multiple times in a war? If anyone knows where this is addressed, please do let me know.

And in that case, having an external proxy check the names may be the only way.

8 hours ago, EdwardSunnyDisposition said:

Now here me on this - would that actually be such a bad thing? Say for example, we end up with two variations on Cu - his legend as a spear wielder reflected as Lancer, and his legend as Scathach the mage's protege reflected as Caster, and they both participated in the same war. Couldn't that lead to some interesting interactions? Although, is it even possible to summon the same servant multiple times in a war? If anyone knows where this is addressed, please do let me know.

And in that case, having an external proxy check the names may be the only way.

While not exactly the same in the 3rd War the Edelfelts managed to summon two aspects of the same Saber using their Unique Sorcery Trait. However considering what happened in that war who knows if that is easier or now impossible 

9 minutes ago, bioky858 said:

Another question, I'm assuming that during our war, it may be possible for one master to make a deal with another person's servant if the master dies?

Entirely possible yes.

Although bear in mind that without Independent Action, a Servant can only last so long in the world without a source of mana. I believe the doc has the numeric specifics on that.

Question: Since so far people don't seem to be interested in it, should I remove the Jumper class and just have this be the standard 7 class war? (I don't have Skills at the ready for Ruler and Avenger)

Bear in mind that the only RP discrepancies are that Jumper and his/her Master are unknown to the rest of the participants, being summoned as an anomaly (could this be the will of Angra Mainyuu, or something else entirely?) and this works both ways (Jumper's master won't be aware initially of the other Master's). Jumper themself may be able to shed light on the situation, though that remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, EdwardSunnyDisposition said:

Question: Since so far people don't seem to be interested in it, should I remove the Jumper class and just have this be the standard 7 class war? (I don't have Skills at the ready for Ruler and Avenger)

Bear in mind that the only RP discrepancies are that Jumper and his/her Master are unknown to the rest of the participants, being summoned as an anomaly (could this be the will of Angra Mainyuu, or something else entirely?) and this works both ways (Jumper's master won't be aware initially of the other Master's). Jumper themself may be able to shed light on the situation, though that remains to be seen.

Well, in my case, I never heard of jumper before. Can any historic, (or futuristic) heroic figure fit into the class? I could go for it, if no one else wants it, although I like Saber.

6 hours ago, bioky858 said:

Well, in my case, I never heard of jumper before. Can any historic, (or futuristic) heroic figure fit into the class? I could go for it, if no one else wants it, although I like Saber.

The whole point of Jumper is that since it is a complete anomaly, there are no rules regarding who can be summoned. Heck a futuristic figure is entirely possible. The stipulation is base E Rank in all stats, which may need to have points spent if you want to survive effectively.

It's okay, stay with Saber, I'm just wondering how long to wait before just ditching the Jumper idea if there are no takers.

A Servant doing summoning of any sort is probably a Noble Phantasm, so the Riding skill doesn't have anything to do with it unless the Servant intends to ride the summon.

12 minutes ago, Leona said:

A Servant doing summoning of any sort is probably a Noble Phantasm, so the Riding skill doesn't have anything to do with it unless the Servant intends to ride the summon.

Ok, thank you. My servant in lore could, but I guess since he/she is summoned as Saber, that is restricted.

I think my servant is done, but I may have done some errors with the cost. Should I post it on here to be checked on? I guess there is an issue with divinity, since my servant is a reincarnation of a god. Does that still take SP away? I can't really avoid since he/she does possess many skills in his/her legend.

Edited by bioky858

None of us are supposed to know who your Servant is so you shouldn't post it here, but having a third party who isn't participating look it over might be a good idea.... Edward, what do you think?

34 minutes ago, Leona said:

None of us are supposed to know who your Servant is so you shouldn't post it here, but having a third party who isn't participating look it over might be a good idea.... Edward, what do you think?

A stellar idea.

I uh, don't know anyone to do such a thing. I'm still a relative newbie to SF if I'm honest.

I'll ask around?

If you can't, we can just pretend that are characters don't know the servant, but we the players do. I really don't mind if you check it out Edward, or you Leona. My only issue is the Divinity skill since I think I have to spend SP to have it, despite the fact my Servant having divinity a central part of their character.

I got a little free time and put this together.

Character Name: Peter El-Melloi Velvet

Race: Human
Sex: Male
Faction: The Holy Church (formerly)
Magecraft(s), if applicable: mild hypnosis, alchemy 

Appearance: Peter is a spitting of his father Waver Velvet, also known as Lord El-Melloi II in his prime. Peter however keeps his hair short and is a little shorter than his father, often seen wearing a black coat with a golden Star of David brooch pinned on his shirt underneath.

Personality: Peter is a man borderline obsessed with god, viewing the general populace as heretics and even the holy church as "a disgrace to the name of the Lord". However, he isn't above cooperating and forming alliances in order to achieve his own goals or using underhanded methods so long as it doesn't conflict with his interpretation of "The Lord's Laws". Other than that he is a cold and calculating man, preferring to avoid pointless confrontations and using the most efficient method possible regardless of the costs, though his arrogance and obsession at times cloud his decisions.

Introduction

Peter El-Malloi Velvet was born as the fourth generation of the Velvet family, an adopted branch of the El-Melloi line of magus. A talented magus and naturally observant, Peter grew up often being compared to his father, Waver El-Melloi Velvet. While he genuinely admired his father and his accomplishments, Peter disliked his lack of ambition and wanted to "create his own legacy", desiring to accomplish something that will set him apart despite his obvious similarities with his father. To this end, Peter left the El-Melloi household and joined the Holy Church, seeking to become an archbishop.

What started as an effort to stand out eventually turned into an obsession as during his time trying to climb the ranks of the church, Peter became genuinely fascinated with the holy scrolls and the Lord as described in it, Peter's research into the holy scrolls led him to discover that the current Church's teachings and views has in fact deviated from what was originally written in the scrolls. This discovery led to Peter's eventual defection from the church and his attempt to (unsuccessfully) create his own church which follows the holy scrolls. Still determined and yet clueless about his next move, Peter's discovery of the "Fuyuki Holy Grail War", gave him the idea that instead of merely correcting the church's teachings, he could wish upon the holy grail to cleanse the world and restore "the true worship of the Lord".

Imagine the controversy my character would create.

Edited by A Random Player

52 minutes ago, A Random Player said:

Hide contents

Appearance: Peter is a spitting of his grandfather Waver Velvet, also known as Lord El-Melloi II in his prime. Peter however keeps his hair short and is a little shorter than his grandfather, often seen wearing a black coat with a golden Star of David brooch pinned on his shirt underneath.

Personality: Peter is a man borderline obsessed with god, viewing the general populace as heretics and even the holy church as "a disgrace to the name of the Lord". However, he isn't above cooperating and forming alliances in order to achieve his own goals or using underhanded methods so long as it doesn't conflict with his interpretation of "The Lord's Laws". Other than that he is a cold and calculating man, preferring to avoid pointless confrontations and using the most efficient method possible regardless of the costs, though his arrogance and obsession at times cloud his decisions.

Introduction

Peter El-Malloi Velvet was born as the fifth generation of the Velvet family, an adopted branch of the El-Melloi line of magus. A talented magus and naturally observant, Peter grew up often being compared to his grandfather, Waver El-Melloi Velvet. While he genuinely admired his grandfather and his accomplishments, Peter disliked his lack of ambition and wanted to "create his own legacy", desiring to accomplish something that will set him apart despite his obvious similarities with his grandfather. To this end, Peter left the El-Melloi household and joined the Holy Church, seeking to become an archbishop.

What started as an effort to stand out eventually turned into an obsession as during his time trying to climb the ranks of the church, Peter became genuinely fascinated with the holy scrolls and the Lord as described in it, Peter's research into the holy scrolls led him to discover that the current Church's teachings and views has in fact deviated from what was originally written in the scrolls. This discovery led to Peter's eventual defection from the church and his attempt to (unsuccessfully) create his own church which follows the holy scrolls. Still determined and yet clueless about his next move, Peter's discovery of the "Fuyuki Holy Grail War", gave him the idea that instead of merely correcting the church's teachings, he could wish upon the holy grail to cleanse the world and restore "the true worship of the Lord".

Other than the age (maybe say son) this would actually be interesting.

2 hours ago, A Random Player said:

Reveal hidden contents

Appearance: Peter is a spitting of his grandfather Waver Velvet, also known as Lord El-Melloi II in his prime. Peter however keeps his hair short and is a little shorter than his grandfather, often seen wearing a black coat with a golden Star of David brooch pinned on his shirt underneath.

Introduction

Peter El-Malloi Velvet was born as the fifth generation of the Velvet family, an adopted branch of the El-Melloi line of magus. A talented magus and naturally observant, Peter grew up often being compared to his grandfather, Waver El-Melloi Velvet. While he genuinely admired his grandfather and his accomplishments, Peter disliked his lack of ambition and wanted to "create his own legacy", desiring to accomplish something that will set him apart despite his obvious similarities with his grandfather. To this end, Peter left the El-Melloi household and joined the Holy Church, seeking to become an archbishop.

It would be pretty funny if you or someone else in this war decided to summon Iskander. I can just imagine his reaction to Waver's descendant.

4 hours ago, A Random Player said:

Reveal hidden contents

Introduction

As Hector noted, change the relation from grandson to son, considering born 1992, two years after Waver's war. That being said, interesting that Waver settled down at like 22 :p

((Added to completed profile list))

I'll also change the fifth to fourth in regards to generation, hope you don't mind.

Edited by EdwardSunnyDisposition

1 hour ago, EdwardSunnyDisposition said:

As Hector noted, change the relation from grandson to son, considering born 1992, two years after Waver's war. That being said, interesting that Waver settled down at like 22 :p

((Added to completed profile list))

I'll also change the fifth to fourth in regards to generation, hope you don't mind.

Eh, I didn't pay much attention to the years to be honest, I'll edit his age and his actual relation to Waver.

I made him his grandson since it would be strange if Waver's son didn't know about the Holy Grail War, it's not really a big deal though.

Spoiler

Master Information 

Name: Alastor Fraga McRemitz

Race:(Human)

Faction: Mage Association  

Magecraft: Runecraft and Bounded Fields.

Apperance: Standing at 6' 4" this man casts an intimidating presence with his russet hair and sharp brown eyes. He has a muscular build covered in numerous scars from his time as an Enforcer. He prefers a dark two-piece business suit and an oval earing in combat. During his down time prefers a simple black shirt and dark blue jeans.

Personality: A kind intellectual man contrasting his appearance. While generally preferring to fight honorably he is not afraid to fight dirty if it can prevent casualties. He is initially cold to those he first meets and is slow to warm up to others. Always dedicated to every task he undertakes. 

Introduction: Having been raised in the Fraga family  Alastor has practiced magic his whole life. Alastor lived a humble life in a small fishing village in Ireland. It was here he studied the runecraft his family was known for. His family was overjoyed that both children possessed the family trait. When the news of the war was released he became distraught. Bazett was dead and he was the new heir.

After the announcement he threw himself into his studies and learned martial arts to cope with his loss. As the new heir he also acquired knowledge on how to use his family's greatest gift. He would eventually follow in his sister's footsteps becoming an Enforcer despite his parents pleas.

He would florish as an Enforcer fulfilling each mission dutifully and with as few casualties as possible. This has gathered a positive opinion from his colleagues throughout his years of service.

As he returned from a successful mission four months prior to the war he felt a pain on his right hand. Curious he looked down only to pale as he recognized these as Command Seals. He stepped off henceforth to secure a catalyst  and is resolved to see this to the end.

Well just a rough draft open to ways of making it better.

19 hours ago, HeraldofHector said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Master Information 

Name: Alastor Fraga McRemitz

Race:(Human)

Faction: Mage Association  

Magecraft: Runecraft and Bounded Fields.

Apperance: Standing at 6' 4" this man casts an intimidating presence with his russet hair and sharp brown eyes. He has a muscular build covered in numerous scars from his time as an Enforcer. He prefers a dark two-piece business suit and an oval earing in combat. During his down time prefers a simple black shirt and dark blue jeans.

Personality: A kind intellectual man contrasting his appearance. While generally preferring to fight honorably he is not afraid to fight dirty if it can prevent casualties. He is initially cold to those he first meets and is slow to warm up to others. Always dedicated to every task he undertakes. 

Introduction: Having been raised in the Fraga family  Alastor has practiced magic his whole life. Alastor lived a humble life in a small fishing village in Ireland. It was here he studied the runecraft his family was known for. His family was overjoyed that both children possessed the family trait. When the news of the war was released he became distraught. Bazett was dead and he was the new heir.

After the announcement he threw himself into his studies and learned martial arts to cope with his loss. As the new heir he also acquired knowledge on how to use his family's greatest gift. He would eventually follow in his sister's footsteps becoming an Enforcer despite his parents pleas.

He would florish as an Enforcer fulfilling each mission dutifully and with as few casualties as possible. This has gathered a positive opinion from his colleagues throughout his years of service.

As he returned from a successful mission four months prior to the war he felt a pain on his right hand. Curious he looked down only to pale as he recognized these as Command Seals. He stepped off henceforth to secure a catalyst  and is resolved to see this to the end.

Well just a rough draft open to ways of making it better.

He is related to a character in Hollow Ataraxia? I haven't read that VN before.