Group Purchase: Merchandise from Comiket 91 (Tokyo 12/29-31)

christianponte

comicM91_banner_M.png

While it feels weird to start compiling the Comiket 91 shopping list while our Caravan orders are still in the mail, December 29th is almost here! As with Comiket 89, Cipher Sai 2016, and Cipher Caravan, we will be attempting a group purchase via one or more proxies. We have not finalized a proxy yet, but if and when we do, we will do our best to get as many people some of the items on their wishlist.

Below, you will find a list of items that will supposedly be available, as well as information on ordering and stepping to be a proxy. I hope we can find someone to go to one or more days of the event and pick up items for the group. Otherwise, we'll all have to seek them out on auction sites for at least 2x, 3x, or more times the retail cost. The following items will be available. USD prices are estimates as of the December 5th conversion rate, and may vary significantly from the conversion rate throughout the summer. The final conversion rate on your items will be determined on the date of purchase, and your shipping conversion rate will be determined on the date of shipping.

The Merchandise

[spoiler=Items and Prices]comicmarket91_goods.jpg

[spoiler=Sounds of Fire Emblem from Cipher Caravan CD Video]https://youtu.be/9ajuHpb2_tA

New Items Available:

• Fire Emblem Artworks V (Illustrations from the cards) - ¥2,000 (US$17.60)
  • Fire Emblem Artworks VI (Illustrations from the cards) - ¥2,000 (US$17.60)
  • Players Box Character Set - ¥4,000 (US$35.20)
  • Players Box Dot Set - ¥4,000 (US$35.20)
  • Can Badge Set Yellow - ¥1,500 (US$13.20)
  • Play Mat (Xander/Ryoma) - ¥3,500 (US$30.80)
  • Play Mat (Tiki) - ¥3,500 (US$30.80)
  • Paper Die-cut Badges - ¥500 each (US$4.40)
  • Sounds of Fire Emblem from Cipher Caravan CD - ¥2,500 (US$22.00)

Returning Items:

• Can Badge Set Purple - ¥1,500 (US$13.20)
  • Can Badge Set Green - ¥1,500 (US$13.20)
  • Can Badge Set White - ¥1,500 (US$13.20)
  • Can Badge Set Black - ¥1,500 (US$13.20)
  • Can Badge Set Blue - ¥1,500 (US$13.20)
  • Can Badge Set Red - ¥1,500 (US$13.20)

Additionally, a promotional Cipher card featuring Lyndis will be distributed to guests. You can request a card, but as these will be difficult for us to obtain multiples of, please only request if you really want it, and know that it's even moreso of a non-guarantee than any of the above items.

Again, US prices are estimates based on the December 5th exchange rates. The final exchange rate you will pay will be determined on the date of purchase.

If anyone can go, I'm going to need the one each of the new items, perhaps multiple of the CDs (since music is my life).

Some items from Cipher Festival, Comiket 89, and the 25th Anniversary Concerts will be sold through other retailers. See below:

==============================================================

Placing an Order

See something you want? Leave a post below with the items you are willing to buy, along with your country and currency (if not the usual USD, CAD, or GBP for your country). Be prepared to pay for your item, an additional 10-15% for our proxies, $5-20 for shipping, plus a little extra for things like PayPal fees, unexpected spikes in exchange rates, etc.

The way shipping will work is that we will ship all items going to the same country to a single location, and split that international shipping cost. We'll then use cheaper domestic shipping to relay the items to individual people. It might take an extra day or two, but it saves everyone some money.

I keep a spreadsheet of all orders. Once we have one or more proxies, and once we get closer to the actual event, I will send everyone a PM with the total amount you will owe, which will need to be sent over via PayPal. If we are unable to obtain one or more of your items, you will receive a partial or full refund AFTER all items have been shipped towards their final destination.

==============================================================

Interested in being a proxy?

Proxies are people who are able to attend the event on behalf of those of us who can't make the trip. In exchange for going through the trouble of waiting in lining, purchasing as many of the items as possible, and shipping them to their final owners, we generally pay proxies an additional 10% of the cost of the purchased items – and we've been known to go higher depending on how successfully as many items as possible were obtained.

If you were already planning on attending the event or at least thinking about doing so, becoming a proxy for us is a great way to help out Serenes Forest's fan community in obtaining rare merchandise. In addition, we as a group generally order enough that your 10%+ commission is generally enough to pay for most or all the items you might want as well. If you can possibly attend with additional friends, this is even better – more people at the event can spread out the workload and handle a larger total order. Some people can wait in line, while others "run" any purchased items to a designated storage place before getting back in line for more.

We've gone through the group purchase / proxy procedure several times now, from Comiket Special 6, to Comiket 89, to Cipher Sai 2016, to Cipher Caravan, and now for Comiket 91. We've learned some lessons, and have figured out the most efficient way to do things. I keep a spreadsheet of all the orders, and I will handle all the calculations and logistics, and you only need to worry about the actual physical acts of purchasing and shipping. If you are interested in becoming a proxy for us, while we'll obviously adjust on-the-fly as the event unfolds, we ask that you please stick to the plan as much as possible. This includes purchasing as many items on each trip through the line instead of worrying about individual orders, as well as shipping from Japan as soon as possible.

If you have any questions about being a proxy or would like to be one for us, shoot me a message and we'll get you all set up.

Edited by christianponte

I may make another post later with an order, but I'd first like to mention some things that I think are worth noting.

1. For the can badges, the official color of the Genealogy set is actually yellow, not orange.

2. CDJapan indicates that the 25th anniversary DVD that they sell does not include the Marth promo.

1 of each Players Box, 1 Can Badge Set Black, Sounds of Fire Emblem CD, and Paper Die-Cut F!Corrin, Elise and Micaiah. A Lyn would also be great if possible. Thank you to anyone who can help Canada CAD for me

Edited by Judorunner

The only things that I honestly want are the Lyn promo card andthe Swordmaster Lyn marker card but I don't know who would be selling the marker card individually, let alone how much the cards would cost.

I use USD.

Edited by Roflolxp54

It depends on our proxy (we still need someone to step up), and how soon they'll need the money. Since the orders go through me so I can account for every cent of every transaction, most of the time our proxies prefer enough time so that the funds can clear international transfer from me, and then they have enough time to withdraw it from their bank, etc., and since this event is right after the Christmas holiday, who knows how that will affect their ability to withdraw the money in advance. Other times, our proxies will just pay for everything out of pocket, and then just worry about making sure the numbers line up afterwards (not recommended).

To be safe, let's say by Monday the 14th or whenever we have a confirmed proxy, whichever is the later of the two.

The only things that I honestly want are the Lyn promo card andthe Swordmaster Lyn marker card but I don't know who would be selling the marker card individually, let alone how much the cards would cost.

I use USD.

The Marker Cards are not sold individually, only included in their respective Players Box.

Good luck all!

I think I'll probably sit this one out, since as I mentioned, I'm tight on funds this month.

That said, I would LOVE a CD if there ends up being a spare. I highly doubt that will happen though, so don't worry about it.

Slightly easier, if anybody is ordering the die-cut badges and ends up with an unwanted Sakura, you know who to call XD

The Marker Cards are not sold individually, only included in their respective Players Box.

I know; I'm only asking if somebody on here who purchases the Players Box in question would be willing to sell that specific marker card individually. It's probably very unlikely but I'm just giving it a shot. No biggie if it doesn't happen though since there's a chance that the artist for the artwork may post the full artwork online (such as cuboon with the Lyn art used for 1 of the S7 cards and card sleeve set).

I just wish that the Cipher cards and related merch would be more readily available in America outside of places like annual and/or far-off anime conventions.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Ahhh, I'm so late on this!

Fire Emblem Artworks V (Illustrations from the cards)

Fire Emblem Artworks VI (Illustrations from the cards)

Players Box Character Set

Players Box Dot Set

Can Badge Set Yellow

This is what I'm aiming for, with the bolded items being my biggest priority. Here's hoping all goes well!

I know; I'm only asking if somebody on here who purchases the Players Box in question would be willing to sell that specific marker card individually. It's probably very unlikely but I'm just giving it a shot. No biggie if it doesn't happen though since there's a chance that the artist for the artwork may post the full artwork online (such as cuboon with the Lyn art used for 1 of the S7 cards and card sleeve set).

I just wish that the Cipher cards and related merch would be more readily available in America outside of places like annual and/or far-off anime conventions.

If you're looking for a digital version of the Lyn SR art, that has been released and can be seen in my S7 Text-Free Art Album here, along with the rest of the S7 artwork that's been revealed do far.

Well, hopefully I'm not too late to get in on this (nor get discounted with it being my first post, hah) but I'd like to grab the following if possible:

Artwork book VI

Player Box Character Set

Play mat Tiki

Missed Comiket 89 by just a little bit because I got sent out of the country last from work, wish I knew about a thread like this sooner. Hopefully won't miss out this time around!

Oops, forgot: USA, USD for region/currency.

Edited by Tedster