Anyone knowledgable in fitness? All energy and stamina seemed to disappear today.

Zerxen

I do cardio 5 days a week, with Wednesdays and Thursdays my rest days. I do not lift and I rotate between HIIT runs and incline walking (4 mph on 11 percent incline for 30 minutes) on the treadmill. For example, I would do incline on Friday, HIIT on Saturday, etc. For several months I had the energy for this, but today, it was gone. I realized that I was sleepy and I figured it may be a lack of energy, which I found strange since I had a banana prior to the run. I gave up after 10 minutes and decided to just try again tomorrow. Am I making the wrong choice in trying to listen to my body? I have had a minor cold the last few days so that could be a culprit but that hasn't affected me earlier this week. Does my body just need to rest?

Edited by Zerxen

You probably just need rest. Sometimes that happens. I felt under the weather one day I trained so I decided to cut that day earlier and then trained a little bit more later in the week. Just rest if you aren't feeling up to it. Your body knows when it doesn't feel up to snuff. Better to rest for 2-3 days than be gone for longer because you didn't listen to your body. Missing 1 day isn't going to hurt you that much.

You probably just need rest. Sometimes that happens. I felt under the weather one day I trained so I decided to cut that day earlier and then trained a little bit more later in the week. Just rest if you aren't feeling up to it. Your body knows when it doesn't feel up to snuff. Better to rest for 2-3 days than be gone for longer because you didn't listen to your body. Missing 1 day isn't going to hurt you that much.

Figures, my family bought some Chinese takeaway so I had a little cheat meal. Hopefully this gives me a boost tomorrow.

It's probably just you feeling under the weather. When I feel sick, it takes all the energy I have just to get out of bed, sometimes. There is often a day or two before it really hits me, when I know I'm going to be sick.

If I get sick I have zero energy and have a harder time doing the things that I do every day so I bet once you get over your cold you will be fine. Like others have said rest for a bit until you're feeling good and then go back to your routine.

Edited by EricaofRenais