How do I StreetPass to get my army into my friend's map?

Hello. I have just made my 10 person army and I want my friend to fight it, but even though his showed up (unintentionally if I may add) in the map in my game, I can't get mine to show up in his game. We each have our own 3DS but we share the same card of Awakening, which is why I'm surprised that his army showed up on my map in the first place if he didn't have the game card in his 3DS. I tried to replicate this by having both our 3DS on and having them near each other and each putting in the game card to our respective file, but my character just won't show up on his. We even closed our 3DS to see if that would make StreetPass activate. This is my first Fire Emblem game and I don't really know much about how StreetPass works. Is there a way to make StreetPass activate on his 3DS so my avatar shows up on his map?

Edited by Valmese Soldier

He needs to go into his 3DS and see whether or not Streetpass is active for Awakening.

EDIT: Wait, I misread that. Does he have other avatars that pop up on his map? There's a hard limit on how many Streetpass avatars can be in there at one time.

Edited by eggclipse

He needs to go into his 3DS and see whether or not Streetpass is active for Awakening.

EDIT: Wait, I misread that. Does he have other avatars that pop up on his map? There's a hard limit on how many Streetpass avatars can be in there at one time.

There can only be 50 in the queue. And you only go through them if you dismiss a point on a map a street passteam can appear on.