Fire Emblem If Fan Translation (Still Alive!)

ShadySheikah

bMFEY2r.png

Fire Emblem If Fan Translation

version 4.3 (released 04/2023)

Hey everyone! It's been five long years since our last update.

We're still here, and we're more determined than ever to deliver a finished translation.

From now on, all patch releases and files can be found on our GitHub. This makes it easier for us to host patches, push updates more quickly, and track issues in a more organized manner.

GitHub Repository:

https://github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation

Current Release:

https://github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation/releases/latest

Instructions and Other Tutorials:

https://github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation/wiki

The plan is to update the repository on a monthly basis while assembling ready-to-use patch releases once certain milestones have been reached. If you find any issues while playing with the patch, please let us know! We're using GitHub's issue tracker to keep track of typos and other potential problems.

Issue Tracker:

https://github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation/issues

Current Progress (updated 2/7/2017)

Spoiler
  • All story chapters (Hoshido, Nohr, Invisible Kingdom) at 100%
  • Skinship lines for every character at 100%
  • First-generation supports (excluding children) by gender:
    • Female/female supports at 100%
    • Male/male supports at 100%
    • Male/female supports at 60%
  • Second-generation supports at ~15%.
  • My Castle and misc. lines at 45%

Credits:

Spoiler

Project Leads

• ShadySheikah
  • Kyonko802
  • Linkmstr

Translators

• Analog16
  • MasterofMemes
  • LPZeldaGamer
  • BrunhildeKnight
  • KawaiiOtakuLord
  • Rahky
  • scone
  • tBanzai

Editors and Revisers

• galaxygamr98
  • Joshkinz
  • Dat Byun
  • Grink
  • Merik2013
  • sdmblack
  • sevii
  • Sunfall
  • Thedude28
  • Third

Coders

• Ahris
  • DeathChaos
  • SciresM

Members we'd like to Acknowledge:

• Cellenseres
  • DatKami
  • Eldin Tokuro
  • Kalimizu
  • KentoBento
  • Luyairis
  • PotatoPower
  • SciresM

Contributors:

• Accel
  • Auroros
  • Czar_Yoshi
  • DragonSalvo
  • Ero Sennin
  • Fredex
  • geddanof
  • jftm999
  • laicar
  • MouseNo4
  • MyLegGuy
  • otomefan
  • Otonashi
  • Pahn
  • RainThunder
  • Riku91
  • shadowofchaos
  • Thidran
  • Venusenfurs
  • Yunjaelove
  • Zoelius
  • iuntue
  • xXSoulGeoXx
  • Cayhr

Special Thanks:

• Ilinox
  • jokerthebutler
  • Kyhcad
  • Leo
  • RyanoftheStars
  • Scurumi
  • Tammi
  • vype
  • Yoshi

As always, we're on the lookout for new team members! If you'd like to lend a hand and either know Japanese or have a firm grasp of English grammar, we'd be happy to have you. For more information, just shoot me a PM.

Edited by ShadySheikah
Patch update

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the wait, guys! As of a few minutes ago, Patch release 4.0 is up and ready to download. Link is in the OP.

Do the repository files contain the exact same files as the 4.0 patch will or are they lacking content from the patch?

With this last commit, everything in the repo is exactly what's in 4.0. We plan to update the repo on a more regular basis, so it should only ever be on par or ahead of the latest patch from here on out.

Edited by ShadySheikah

Can you tell me how to apply translation or delocalization patches to DLC routes? please~

Decrypt9 and CIA decryption/rebuilding is probably the easiest way to do so.

That or follow what people suggested to Deathchaos here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-extract-content-from-cia-dlc-with-japanese-characters-in-filename.414338/

Edited by shadowofchaos

Hey will this work with the USA version? Just because I much prefer a direct translation not localization garbage

It can, but you'll have to refer to the content restoration project, which you can find over here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60728

Basically, when you download the fanslation package from that thread, you'll want to replace the rom folder with the one from our release on GitHub. Then, inside the m folder, create a new folder called @E and dump every file that's not in A, B, or C into that folder. There shouldn't be any files floating around in m; just A, B, C, and @E. Then follow the content restoration tutorial.

What DLC stuff is translated?

There are actually some translated text files lying around for Recollection of Foam, Paradise Scramble, and Invisible History from before we took over the project. They were never released due to irresolvable text skipping issues, and we haven't had the opportunity to look over them. I don't want to take focus away from supports at the moment, but if there's enough interest from you guys, we could put it up on the repo with a huge disclaimer.

Can you tell me how to apply translation or delocalization patches to DLC routes? please~

If I recall correctly, it's a pretty simple process, but I haven't done it myself in a long while and the team member who knows more about it is offline at the moment. Sorry I don't know more, but I'll come back later today with an answer, I promise!

Edit: Ninja'd. Thanks shadowofchaos for the help!

When I patched my rom and installed it some of the my castle menus got detranslated. Is this normal?

We only included in the patch files that were completely translated. There were a few files that were partially translated, such as the Forge and some of the Armory and Hot Spring lines. We're working on finishing those soon, but if you want the previous lines back, you can use the files from the last patch and copy them over into this patch's m folder. Their filenames are 下画面セリフ_武器屋道具屋.bin.lz, 死亡.bin.lz, and 店番_牢屋.bin.lz. Sorry about that.

Edited by ShadySheikah

It can, but you'll have to refer to the content restoration project, which you can find over here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60728

Basically, when you download the fanslation package from that thread, you'll want to replace the rom folder with the one from our release on GitHub. Then, inside the m folder, create a new folder called @E and dump every file that's not in A, B, or C into that folder. There shouldn't be any files floating around in m; just A, B, C, and @E. Then follow the content restoration tutorial.

There are actually some translated text files lying around for Recollection of Foam, Paradise Scramble, and Invisible History from before we took over the project. They were never released due to irresolvable text skipping issues, and we haven't had the opportunity to look over them. I don't want to take focus away from supports at the moment, but if there's enough interest from you guys, we could put it up on the repo with a huge disclaimer.

If I recall correctly, it's a pretty simple process, but I haven't done it myself in a long while and the team member who knows more about it is offline at the moment. Sorry I don't know more, but I'll come back later today with an answer, I promise!

Edit: Ninja'd. Thanks shadowofchaos for the help!

We only included in the patch files that were completely translated. There were a few files that were partially translated, such as the Forge and some of the Armory and Hot Spring lines. We're working on finishing those soon, but if you want the previous lines back, you can use the files from the last patch and copy them over into this patch's m folder. Their filenames are 下画面セリフ_武器屋道具屋.bin.lz, 死亡.bin.lz, and 店番_牢屋.bin.lz. Sorry about that.

Thats wierd because the my castle menus when you press start were completely translated in the last patch. Also I can't seem to find any of the files you mentioned from the last patch.

Thanks! I have a few more questions about the Japanese Fire Emblem If Special Edition:

1. Is the Invisible Kingdom path already on the cartridge or does it come with a free DLC code?

2. If I bypass region blocking using Homebrew Channel, will the store I access be the Japanese or USA eshop? If its the English one, will all the DLC I buy be in English?

3. Can I use HANS to ignore region locking? Important, because in order to apply the translation properly I'd have to use HANS, but as far as I know ignoring region locking is a separate option.

4. Lastly, do you guys plan on translating the Japanese-only DLC?

Thanks again awesome work :Soldier:

EDIT: A silly question: is it Anya and Byakuya or does that translate to Nohr and Hoshido, I was unsure of what its called in Japan

Edited by YamiJustin

1. Is the Invisible Kingdom path already on the cartridge or does it come with a free DLC code?

Free DLC you could redeem just by clicking "get more routes".

It expired last June, though. A year after the Japanese release. Or at least that's what this thing says:

XxvHo5y.jpg

3つのルートの無料ダウンロード期限:2016年6月30日23:59まで

The timeframe to download the 3rd route for free ends June 30, 2016 at 11:59 PM.

2. If I bypass region blocking using Homebrew Channel, will the store I access be the Japanese or USA eshop? If its the English one, will all the DLC I buy be in English?

Using an out of region 3ds will make you unable to get DLC legitimately for that cart. As in I am unable to buy DLC for FEif on my American New3ds XL. I have to get it through other means, such as dumping the CIA for the DLC from my JP 3ds.

3. Can I use HANS to ignore region locking? Important, because in order to apply the translation properly I'd have to use HANS, but as far as I know ignoring region locking is a separate option.

n

Yes.

EDIT: A silly question: is it Anya and Byakuya or does that translate to Nohr and Hoshido, I was unsure of what its called in Japan

Hoshido = Byakuya Oukoku

Nohr = Anya Oukoku

Valle = Touma Oukoku

They localized it to those names.

Nohr seems pretty clear since "Anya" is associated with Dark or Black and Nohr sounds like "Noire" for Black.

Others, I don't know.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Thanks! I have a few more questions about the Japanese Fire Emblem If Special Edition:

4. Lastly, do you guys plan on translating the Japanese-only DLC?

Thanks again awesome work :Soldier:

1. Invisible Kingdom is DLC only, sorry. You won't be able to download it from the eShop if you have a US 3DS, but I'm sure there are other ways to find it.
  2. Even if you bypass the region lock, you're still stuck with the American eShop. Unfortunately, you won't be able to download Japanese content in that manner.
  3. You should be able to! I haven't used HANS, myself, but I'm almost positive it has the option.
  4. There's a good chance of it, but we wouldn't start until the main game was close to finished.
  5. Anya and Byakuya, the names of the two kingdoms in the Japanese version, translate to dark night and white night, respectively. We use the localized Nohr and Hoshido throughout the game, mostly because that's how the original group was referring to them before we took over.

Thats wierd because the my castle menus when you press start were completely translated in the last patch. Also I can't seem to find any of the files you mentioned from the last patch.

...Actually, this is a screw up on my end. I completely missed a file when assembling the patch called "MyCastle.bin.lz", which contains the text for My Castle's interface. I just pushed it to the GitHub repo; you can download it from there. Alternatively, the file in the 3.0 patch has exactly the same data. Sorry about that!

Hey, just popping in to report an error with the Tsubaki x Sakura support. Instead of showing the correct support, someone accidentally replaced it with his support with Hinoka in the google doc, just last Tuesday, on the 6th. Unfortunately, the file showing on Github is the incorrect support.

Luckily, I've restored and fixed the original file, and it can be found here: https://www.mediafire.com/?3ns5mr4g7fgtraf

If you don't wanna wait till the repository updates, just download my fix till then.

Now there shall be Tsubaki/Sakura~!!

Hi, I tried this, but I still can't get it to work even tho the undub patch is working? is there any specific guide I can use on how to patch the EU version of fire emblem fates with your fan translation patch with homebrew?

Edited by sennen

Guys I've tried installing jap dlc with this but it didn't work

Any DLC support yet?

I'm mostly interested into Invisible Kingdom/Revelations path, I know previous team translated it, any plan to make it compatible with this version?