Fire Emblem If Fan Translation (Still Alive!)

ShadySheikah

Sure enough. The patch folder did have the corrupted file names. I used winrar to extract it originally, so that's probably what caused it. I used 7zip this time, and everything seems to have the correct name. I'll try patching it again and let you know if that fixes things.

Edit: Yep, all it took was extracting it properly. Thank you for the help.

Edited by Bipolarized

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys! First let me thank you for your hard work, you're a awesome!
Second, i've found some issues with the latest release, i'm missing Harold x Mozume Supports (They're still in JP), The S support for Xander and Charlotte is missing too, it skips it and jumps right to the "Xander and Charlotte have reached S support".
That's all i coul'd find, can anyone else confirm it? So far i've reloaded the save several time and i'm still missing them-

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how far you guys are going with the translation patch, but I started translating the Festival of Bonds DLCs mainly for the NA version on GBAtemp, but if you guys want, I'd be happy to share the txt files with you guys for transitioning into the Japanese version. Also, shameless plug, but if anyone is willing to help me too, I'd greatly appreciate it.

sMHoDKv.png

Edited by Silent Hell

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

Just a reminder that my code.bin patch is available over here for the subtitles if you want to do it in a "clean" way (and not with the GameData file).

It's not for the 1.1 update though, but if you guys are interested I can port it. Just send me a private message or whatever.

Good work though, this is great !

On 9/19/2017 at 9:37 AM, Sand said:

Do have any updates on the project? it's been over a month since the last one.

I do not speak for the team (as I am no longer with them), but I know many of the members should have recently or are just about starting university again. Last year this happened too, and we became incredibly busy with our own personal lives, so if the releases are delayed, likely it happened again. Just give them a bit of time! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2017 at 9:37 AM, Sand said:

Do have any updates on the project? it's been over a month since the last one.

Hey yeah! Sorry about the lack of updates. Everyone is really busy with college, and I'm busy working on my game because the demo is coming out soon. We are working the second gen supports though and have a good chunk of m x f translated and inserted so far. (Mitama is one of my favorites to do because of her poetry.)

I myself don't have college, but I got some minor burnout from the rushed release of 4.2 and have also been busy with family troubles until recently, but my work pace has picked back up again, so pretty soon Shady should have a release date for you guys. I believe the next milestone release will be the m x f supports for second gen.

Speaking of Shady, he recently moved and still has yet to set up internet. You can expect to hear from him when this has been resolved. Right now I'm kind of stepping in for him.

On 9/22/2017 at 6:54 AM, Gaia093 said:

Hey there. I'm pretty late to the party, but now that I have an account I just wanted to say I've been following the project for a good while and I appreciate all of the work that's gone into it. Thanks, guys.

Thanks!

On 9/22/2017 at 12:00 AM, ValkyrieTiara said:

There is a progress section in the OP that was last updated in Februrary, but it seems like new versions have been released since then? What is the current completion percentage of this project?

Right now, as you see, we have all first gen supports completed. Looking at the support chart we have about 15 or 20 percent of the m x f second gen supports done.

Luckily a lot of the parental supports are pretty much the same, so when we translate one, we'll be able to copy paste it. We wanted to get a release this month, but college and life got in the way and I'm not sure if that'll happen now. As mentioned before, work is going apace again, so expect another release date announcement soonish.

On 9/15/2017 at 7:58 PM, pokejorge said:

Do I lose my save if I play with this and you guys release a new patch?

No!

Again, sorry for the super late replies! Don't worry the project isn't dead! If it was I would have come crying to you guys for help!

Once again I would love to say thank you to everyone who has worked tirelessly on this project! Its by far one of my favorite titles and I am grateful for being able to play it in a format that stays true to its original content! I will of course always come back to check on all future updates to support the team!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, is the easy patcher still available anywhere? I'm thinking of doing a customized run for a friend (as in customized story and whatnot) as a birthday present since he didn't like the story and couldn't finish the game...so I want to make a story filled with inside jokes and our friend group.

Sorry if my questions are a little dumb.. but I just had a couple. I wanted to play the translated, unlocalized version but I've never done anything along these lines. So here is my questions... hopefully someone will be nice enough to answer them..

1. Can I use my English special edition cart for this? (say dumping the rom) Will the revelations part be able to be used with this patch if so?

2. If I go an alternate route.. can I use digital download of the english or japanese collectors? Which route would essentially be easier?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Eternal Blue

• 3 weeks later...

I looked around this thread, didn't see if this was discussed.

The main story is all done and revamped with the latest 4.2 release.  A weight off your shoulders, I'm sure. 

Thinking for a while, I wonder if there were any plans to use Treehouse's translation as 'filler' for the other parts not quite finished, such as the 2nd gen supports, and My Castle.  I realize with the Hoshidan and Nohrian Festivals, that is understandably not an option.  However, with the DLC that did make it over, it's at least a placeholder, until you can get time to rework it.

Has that been discussed as an option, or would that cause you more work in the long run?

Hey Guys, first of all I'd like to thank for all the hard work given in this amazing project, seen as Treehouse pooped on our game with lame jokes an useless censorship. Seriously, I love you Team If.

But I wanted to know if there's a way to use your translation with the "Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]" by  "UnassumingVenusaur" of Gbatemp, and if there's any incompatibilities.

In advance, thank you very much <3

On 10/24/2017 at 6:43 PM, Eternal Blue said:

Sorry if my questions are a little dumb.. but I just had a couple. I wanted to play the translated, unlocalized version but I've never done anything along these lines. So here is my questions... hopefully someone will be nice enough to answer them..

1. Can I use my English special edition cart for this? (say dumping the rom) Will the revelations part be able to be used with this patch if so?

2. If I go an alternate route.. can I use digital download of the english or japanese collectors? Which route would essentially be easier?

Thank you in advance.

1. Yes, but there should be a separate version of the patch files designed specifically for Fates to account for some minor and some major internal file structure changes. I'd ask on GBATemp since the team is probably busy with university right now. Since you have the special version of Fates, Revelations is already on-cart, so I'd definitely refer to GBATemp for some more advice. (Sorry, I don't remember the patching details anymore tbh..). 

2. Not sure what you're asking since you said you had the special edition of Fates, so you should already have all 3 paths locally on your cart. Assuming you don't, yes, you can technically patch the digital downloads, but it's quite a bit more complicated.

On 11/11/2017 at 5:27 PM, cuddletrousers said:

I looked around this thread, didn't see if this was discussed.

The main story is all done and revamped with the latest 4.2 release.  A weight off your shoulders, I'm sure. 

Thinking for a while, I wonder if there were any plans to use Treehouse's translation as 'filler' for the other parts not quite finished, such as the 2nd gen supports, and My Castle.  I realize with the Hoshidan and Nohrian Festivals, that is understandably not an option.  However, with the DLC that did make it over, it's at least a placeholder, until you can get time to rework it.

Has that been discussed as an option, or would that cause you more work in the long run?

At least like, a year ago (lol) we didn't plan on using Treehouse's translation to "fill" in untranslated files. It's definitely an option that isn't technically too complicated to implement, lol. 

On 11/11/2017 at 11:32 PM, Chaoruge said:

Hey Guys, first of all I'd like to thank for all the hard work given in this amazing project, seen as Treehouse pooped on our game with lame jokes an useless censorship. Seriously, I love you Team If.

But I wanted to know if there's a way to use your translation with the "Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]" by  "UnassumingVenusaur" of Gbatemp, and if there's any incompatibilities.

In advance, thank you very much <3

I'm not sure of the technical details of his patch, but from a high-level view I don't think it would be incompatible. His patch shouldn't have to alter any story-related files, moreso the internal game engine/system itself. We also were able to use the patch when one of our own turned Chrom/Lissa/Frederick into playable characters, so it definitely shouldn't be impossible, but may require a little more nuancing to patch. 

--Take all of this with a grain of salt, I don't work for the team anymore lol

First of all, you guys are great for doing this. I loved Fates, but the horrible localization left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not sure if this has been answered, but I was wondering: why are you only doing the first 20 chapters in each route?

On 11/13/2017 at 11:52 PM, Cracker said:

First of all, you guys are great for doing this. I loved Fates, but the horrible localization left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not sure if this has been answered, but I was wondering: why are you only doing the first 20 chapters in each route?

? We finished all three paths. You might be mistaken, because of the 27 chapters in each path, chapters 0-6 are the same regardless of what path you choose.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...