Fire Emblem If Fan Translation (Still Alive!)

ShadySheikah

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On September 16, 2018 at 4:10 PM, fates402 said:

I tried opening the tutorial but it says "You do not have permission to update this wiki.".I tried patching it anyway and at the end when it gives me the option to save the patched cia this error happens: "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately." I click continue and eventually the patcher closes on its own. Help.

Yeah there doesn't seem to be much updates on this. Is it still being worked on?

44 minutes ago, Eleczoro said:

Oh? What was it?

Basically I couldn't patch the DLC cia because it wasn't decrypted. Was useless though, none of the DLC are translated. Now I'm having the same problem as this guy.

On 03/07/2018 at 6:24 PM, Formidabant said:

Hi, I'm having an issue. During certain cutscenes like chapter 6 the game will crash after  a few seconds and I'm presented with an error "An exception occurred" however during other cutscenes like the first one of chapter 26 work properly. I've included the dump files of the crashes. I'm also having issues with the subtitles during cutscenes, I have the undub installed but the subtitles are displaying question marks instead of the translation. However sound effects like (screaming) (Laughs evilly) display normally.

crash_dump_00000003.dmp

Edited by fates402

• 4 weeks later...

hey, I tried to get the skinship and swimsuits restoration pack but it seems the links are goners. Could anyone please help me out kindley? I am about to play conquest for the first time and I wish to play the most uncut experience possible.

A huge thanks to the team that embarked in this passionate project, from the bottom of my heart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/26/2018 at 9:03 PM, Lyrikin said:

Does the Translation Patch and DLC Translation Patch work on both a USA 3ds and Japanese 3ds? Or only a Japanese 3ds.

It will work on both because the only way to use the patch is with a CFW or Flash Card which ignores region lock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If this project is abandoned (and I'm sure it is), does anyone a least know if there is some sort of plain text dump of translated conversations? I have absolutely no problem playing the game (I still haven't played it. Been holding true to my boycott and waiting for the fan translation) and just glancing at a file to see what the real translation is.

Same, though i have already beaten the game but i still want the supports translated. It kinda dissapoints that they didnt at least translate all the avatar supports (I wonder if they just dont want to touch Soleil's one so they are ignoring all the kids.

Sheeeesh, nice to see this project went to hell after I left... And no, I'm just as clueless as the rest of you guys when it comes to the project. (Ignore my name in the OP. That hasn't been updated since June 2017, and I left sometime that month due to waning interest in the game). And I don't even give a shit 'bout the game much nowadays, so... meh. Though judging by the activity of this project, I guess I'm not alone... Such is life, I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by theformergalaxygamr98

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 10:24 PM, Formidabant said:

Hi, I'm having an issue. During certain cutscenes like chapter 6 the game will crash after  a few seconds and I'm presented with an error "An exception occurred" however during other cutscenes like the first one of chapter 26 work properly. I've included the dump files of the crashes. I'm also having issues with the subtitles during cutscenes, I have the undub installed but the subtitles are displaying question marks instead of the translation. However sound effects like (screaming) (Laughs evilly) display normally.

crash_dump_00000003.dmp

don't know if anyone comes here anymore but i'm having the same problem this guy is or was having it always crashes on the cut scene once and then plays with questions marks and randomly showing Japanese characters. I'm using the European special version and have tried many times to fix it but nothing works even f i patch it without any alterations it always just has that one problem. Even if there's no way to fix it if someone could at least tell me what files to delete from the installer so there's no subtitles at all that might help.

On 2/17/2019 at 5:16 PM, theformergalaxygamr98 said:

Sheeeesh, nice to see this project went to hell after I left... And no, I'm just as clueless as the rest of you guys when it comes to the project. (Ignore my name in the OP. That hasn't been updated since June 2017, and I left sometime that month due to waning interest in the game). And I don't even give a shit 'bout the game much nowadays, so... meh. Though judging by the activity of this project, I guess I'm not alone... Such is life, I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately it happens.  I'm still hopeful that it will get some sort of one last update, but I doubt it with the lack of progress.

I understand people's waning in the project.  It's a tall order to do in your spare time.  With the upcoming release of Fire Emblem Treehouse (Three Houses :P) I'm very skeptical about it until I see some reviews on One Angry Gamer or here.  I'm not buying this game at launch unless there's proof there wasn't some slapstick censorship involved, but it seems to me *pushes up glasses* that the main pro-censor at Treehouse, Nich Maragos, was fired around November.  Not sure, I don't have all the skills of those e-detectives.  Point is, while I'm pretty sure he's gone, there are others there that will intentionally still try to change the whole story and infect it with dank memes.  It SEEMS that Nintendo has put those individuals on a tighter leash since.

If the project is cancelled, I do hope they at least make an announcement about it.  "Hey guys, life got in the way, we're done, thanks for your support" or whatever.  I can't complain, they did a lot for this game.  If they do retire it, I hope they release all the files available for anyone else to pick up and finish.

Still crossing my fingers that this will get picked up again - at this point, I would be happy just to see a version with the remaining untranslated portions Google or Atlas-translated (and yes, I know from many years of VNs how rough that can get), or even, as a last resort, swapped with the Treehouse localization, just so that a content-complete version can exist until the real thing is finalized.

After waiting around a decade for Fate/hollow ataraxia, I refuse to lose hope quite yet; the process on If seems to have been a fairly tight group, but maybe the common VN approach could work, having a repository with all the untranslated dialogue that people can contribute to bit-by-bit, and then having the fully bilingual folk edit/TLC it when they have time.

For example, my spoken Japanese is pretty decent, but as for reading/writing... it's more of a long-term project right now; but I've still managed to contribute on several VN translations - it's just slow going, since I have to machine-transcribe to Romaji and go from there, usually along with a VNReader window on a second screen showing a modded Atlas+Google+Bing translation to cover the inevitable hard-fails in the Machine-Romaji (I'm guessing by the small screen that If's dialogue doesn't have a Furigana option). The fact that it is largely unvoiced is the biggest hurdle IMO, since with most semi-recent VNs, you can always check the audio if the text is unclear (Thank god Three Houses is set to be fully voiced, that should make any fan-translation - if necessary - MUCH easier).

Anyway, just my two cents, I'm going to stop before I ramble any more than I already have.

Faito!:):

First, i'd like to thank all members of both teams for their hard work. I appreciate what you've contributed. Thank you for this content.

So recently i know a new thread took over but the objective/goal of this thread and that one are fundamentally different. The new thread is going in the direction of applying a fan translation to the japanese copy of the game (they stated at one point you could apply it to other non-japanese copies)  so english reading or american/european players could enjoy the game. Because you are playing on a japanese copy of the game it is assumed you'd retain all the content that was cut when it became localized. That's great. No complaints right? But the old thread was doing something totally different. The old thread had the objective of restoring and patching in the cut content into american and european copies of the game so the same audience could still enjoy the game. However, restoring said cut content was halted due to the project being abandoned. I wanted to point this out to any future readers who find this so you can understand why the OP of the old thread is currently redirecting traffic to here and how this is wrong depending on what you want or what you're looking for. (I was confused at the very least after i came back a few years later so i'm sure others might be too) I have the misfortune to also tell that it appears both projects have been abandoned. (from my speculation). Project Content Restoration halted shortly after February in 2016 and hasn't been updating since. While Project Fan Translation halted in June 2017 and hasn't been updated since then. You get the occasional person wandering in asking questions, self-teaching themselves, and helping others out but that is pretty much about it. This is an update to all people learning about either of these projects. To any barely now coming here or returning here, all you can do is really skim thru what was already posted to self-teach yourself or asking others for help (provided they are still active).

Click here to go to the old thread that focuses on restoring cut/removed content into a non-japanese copy.

Note: I am not a staff member of either project therefore i speak on behalf of neither of them. My speculation of the projects being abandoned is based off the lack of activity. Until they officially say the project is done, it is on-going. Please don't interpret what i'm saying as a fact when i mention the projects being done. I'm simply stating that no progress has been made in years.

I'm also active in that one with new info/help as of today. I'm in that thread because my objective/goal is the same one as that thread. I don't own a japanese copy of the game nor do i want a fan translation. I'm okay with what TreeHouse did despite the harsh (and well deserved) criticism they got. I'm going to restore lost content and go from there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I hope you can help me. I just download the english patch and I also has the cia of the japanese version of fire emblem if. But Im stuck in some point

image.thumb.png.488a4fb421a2140cdf4c23bb2eb57bbb.png

I have it like that, and when i choose my game and the exe folder it says 

image.thumb.png.077eb474a8479ae9cd6241a802bfa9ef.png

If someone knows why Ill be gratefull