Fire Emblem If Fan Translation (Still Alive!)

ShadySheikah

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you tell me how to apply translation or delocalization patches to DLC routes? please~

I've seen a few of you guys ask this, and we should've had a tutorial ready to explain how to get the DLC working. To get Invisible Kingdom to work, you'll need to enable language emulation on your firmware. We just added a guide on how to do that over on our wiki.

Note that the guide is only if you're playing this on a CFW. We're going to get a HANS tutorial up as soon as we can for those having trouble getting it to work. For the time-being, while it's written specifically for the content restoration patch, this lighthearted tutorial should set you in the right direction.

Hi, I tried this, but I still can't get it to work even tho the undub patch is working? is there any specific guide I can use on how to patch the EU version of fire emblem fates with your fan translation patch with homebrew?

If you're using the EU version of the game, things are a bit different. Check out this post and see if it helps:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60728&page=50#entry4401509

Also, just a heads up, but the repository has moved to a new account. That doesn't mean much, though, since the previous links will redirect to the new location automatically. The OP has been updated with the new links.

Could you guys release a patcher for the DLC, mostly so we can play the translation of IK? Currently there is only .cias spread around of 3.1 and I've tried everything in my power to try and extract the romfs of the DLC to apply the translation with no avail.

I'd imagine since CIAs are different for each source, you're asking too much from them.

If I were to say... rip my DLC into a CIA. Their patch is likely to be incompatible with it.

And yet that would be the legal way to do so.

While making a patch for a CIA that is in circulation because of piracy... seems wrong.

And releasing a CIA wouldn't do.

Hi guys do you have a Discord channel?

It's disappointing how this project isn't having much attention anymore, probably most of people already finished the game multiple times and don't care about it anymore..

Team If does have a discord channel. As I am not an active member... or maybe I never was... I can't really speak for them about adding people to general chat about the patch.

I'm probably in the minority of those that have had something to do with the patch... as in I prefer the Japanese text in general after playing the game in both languages.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Any way how to contact the group? I would like to help correct the wrong grammar and fix the sentences so it does not go beyond the text box or maybe re-structure the sentences yet. I've tried PM-ing the OP but no reply yet...maybe he's busy but I dunno. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi guys do you have a Discord channel?

It's disappointing how this project isn't having much attention anymore, probably most of people already finished the game multiple times and don't care about it anymore..

Heya. We do, but it's only for current and former members of Team If. We do not take guests, but if you would like to work, send me a PM here.

Any way how to contact the group? I would like to help correct the wrong grammar and fix the sentences so it does not go beyond the text box or maybe re-structure the sentences yet. I've tried PM-ing the OP but no reply yet...maybe he's busy but I dunno. Any help would be appreciated!

OP has been busy recently, but we're always recruiting! Send me a pm.

Sorry about the silence; the holidays had me all over the place and unable to respond to anything very quickly. Everything should be back to normal now, though.

If you'd like to let us know about an issue with the translation, we're actually making use of the issue tracker provided with the Github repo. You can find that here. If you'd like to contact us about anything else, I do usually respond to PMs pretty quickly, but you can also e-mail me directly at shadysheikah(at)gmail.com. If you'd like to avoid me and contact the team as a whole, we also have a lesser-known e-mail, askteamif(at)gmail.com, but the response time won't be nearly as fast. I'll update the OP with this information, as well.

Regarding Discord, like shadowofchaos said, we have a server set up to communicate with each other, but it's only for team members at the moment. If that ever changes, I'll definitely let you guys know.

Edit: Ninja'd by the wise old man :Athos:

Edited by ShadySheikah

Can someone explain, in simple terms, how to make it work with a digital copy of the game?

In its simplest terms:

If you don't already know how, and have no experience in 3DS hacking, then you won't be able to patch it. Now if you look around instead..

Can someone explain, in simple terms, how to make it work with a digital copy of the game?

With the tool mentioned on our patching guide, it's actually pretty easy to dump a digital copy of the game. The problem is that there's no straightforward way to dump it into the format required by the patcher.

Truthfully, the patcher program we use is rather outdated; it requires a .3ds backup and Xorpads to decrypt it, but there are much simpler ways to do it these days. For the time being, I would listen to luyairis' suggestion, or look into creating/modifying .cia backups and try applying the patch manually. In the future, we plan to expand the patcher to include more formats.

Edited by ShadySheikah

Is there a chance we'll ever see translations for the cutscenes's subtitles? Especially for those of us who are using the undub patch.

Pretty sure that it's possible...? But still in the works.

Alternatively there are some cutscenes subbed by Linkmstr. You can find those here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2017 at 10:23 AM, Mafuyu said:

Can I play this with firmware 11.2 or do I need to downgrade to 9.2?

You can play with 11.2 no problem. You need to install custom firmware or homebrew though. I recommend the firmware, because it's more future proof, and it makes playing it easier after it's been patched.

Also, I wanna take a moment to thank the team for their hard work. Even with only about half being done, the game is in a much more tolerable state than it was, and I find myself enjoying it immensely. Thank you for picking up this project after it was abandoned.

Alright I got a doozy for you guys. So I was running the JP special edition with the 3.0 or 3.1 translation patch, and I encountered the Cyrus glitch at the end of Revelations chapter 14. So I find out I need to patch my game with the 4.0 translation. I tried doing patching things but one of the steps didn't work for me (specifically, the 0001000f file wasn't there when I was searching for it to generate the seeddb.bat file but that's another story) so I decided to try something different. I uninstalled Fates from the system settings in the Emunand 3DS menu, but kept the save files (that's an option). Then I found a cia that had the 4.0 translation built in and downloaded that and installed the cia. Then I did the enable language emulation stuff so that the DLC wouldn't have any problems. So then I boot up the newly installed cia, see that my old files are still there, load up the bookmark of the last turn of chapter 14, finish the turn, and then get the Cyrus glitch again.

Now, that of course leaves me with some questions.

1. Did I actually have 4.0? Well I loaded up a chapter save instead of a bookmark one and saw that all of the shop dialogue was now translated, so I figured it must be 4.0, at least in some fashion (though a few menu options were now in Japanese instead of the English they were before, but only a small couple) So I figured I probably had 4.0
2. Does it have something to do with the DLC .cia files? I'm not quite sure how I'd go about verifying this.
3. Does it have something to do with how I loaded up the saved bookmark of the last turn of chapter 14, and maybe the post-chapter dialoge was still 'saved'? A way to maybe test this would be to load a chapter save instead, and maybe do a random mission before doing chapter 14. I don't want to do this chapter all over again if I don't have to since it took me a while but I will if this doesn't lead anywhere. EDIT: Tried this, didn't work.

Any insight would be great.

Edited by Meleeruler

Hello, Team If!
Today, I'm here to report a possible Bug.

People have reported that when using the v4.0 patch, the game will crash during Invisible Kingdom Chapter 9. It happens right before the gang gets tricked into beating up the wind tribe villagers. Skipping the scene & installing the update doesn't work either.

Apparently, this issue doesn't arise if using a US 3DS (it crashes on a JP 3DS & EUR n3DS). It would be great someone can reply to this, thanks.

Edited by geddanof

On 1/22/2017 at 0:12 PM, geddanof said:

Hello, Team If!
Today, I'm here to report a possible Bug.

People have reported that when using the v4.0 patch, the game will crash during Invisible Kingdom Chapter 9. It happens right before the gang gets tricked into beating up the wind tribe villagers. Skipping the scene & installing the update doesn't work either.

Apparently, this issue doesn't arise if using a US 3DS (it crashes on a JP 3DS & EUR n3DS). It would be great someone can reply to this, thanks.

Confirming. I was the first one who ran into it. I was playing on my JPN 3DS when it happened, and someone in the thread with a EUR N3DS said they were having the same issue.

UPDATE: Turns out it can happen on a US 3ds as well, might be a save corruption, since it only happened on one of my files.

Edited by Kyonko802

Can anyone direct me to a cia of The Anya and Invisible kingdom? when I tried to get the DLC from my retail copy of Hyakuya (Hoshido) is said it can't get it because my 3DS is a USA region 3DS. I've searched everywhere and yet I can't seem to find one and I would very much like to play the other campaigns for it since I bought the US versions to support Nintendo