Fire Emblem If Fan Translation (Still Alive!)

ShadySheikah

Well crap. The following meant to go up last week, but it never got submitted for whatever reason. Thank god for autosave, I guess. Still, I should've checked to see if it posted. Sorry again for the silence!

On 1/22/2017 at 0:10 AM, Meleeruler said:

Now, that of course leaves me with some questions.

1. Did I actually have 4.0? Well I loaded up a chapter save instead of a bookmark one and saw that all of the shop dialogue was now translated, so I figured it must be 4.0, at least in some fashion (though a few menu options were now in Japanese instead of the English they were before, but only a small couple) So I figured I probably had 4.0
2. Does it have something to do with the DLC .cia files? I'm not quite sure how I'd go about verifying this.
3. Does it have something to do with how I loaded up the saved bookmark of the last turn of chapter 14, and maybe the post-chapter dialoge was still 'saved'? A way to maybe test this would be to load a chapter save instead, and maybe do a random mission before doing chapter 14. I don't want to do this chapter all over again if I don't have to since it took me a while but I will if this doesn't lead anywhere. EDIT: Tried this, didn't work.

I responded to your DM on Twitter, but I'll answer your questions here for others, as well.

1. Unfortunately, because Invisible Kingdom is only available as downloadable content, re-patching the main game won't update the content in IK. The only dialogue files content present in Invisible Kingdom are story-relevant, with more generic lines like shop greetings and menus are pulled from the updated base game.
  2. That's precisely the reason. In order to use the current patch with Invisible Kingdom, you'll need to update the DLC content itself, which involves dumping as a .cia, modifying its contents, and rebuilding. The process is a bit different compared to regular games, and we don't offer any way of automating it at the moment, but if you were able to install it with a 3.1 patch, then it shouldn't be too difficult to find the means to install the 4.0 patch, as well. Alternatively, there's an NTR plugin floating around that lets you simply toss the patch files into a folder on your SD card and load them at runtime. This method works for DLC, as well.
  3. The chapter 14 bug was caused by a typo in the dialogue, so your save wouldn't affect anything. Sorry I couldn't respond before you restarted the chapter! :(:
On 1/22/2017 at 0:12 PM, geddanof said:

Hello, Team If!
Today, I'm here to report a possible Bug.

People have reported that when using the v4.0 patch, the game will crash during Invisible Kingdom Chapter 9. It happens right before the gang gets tricked into beating up the wind tribe villagers. Skipping the scene & installing the update doesn't work either.

Apparently, this issue doesn't arise if using a US 3DS (it crashes on a JP 3DS & EUR n3DS). It would be great someone can reply to this, thanks.

Thanks for letting us know! That's interesting, especially if it's a bug that only affects non-NA consoles. I couldn't tell you what the problem is right now, but I'll add it to the issues list and see what we can do. Could you let me know what gender you were playing, as well?

Edit: Since it appears that this bug is possible on a NA 3DS as well, it'll be easier to test for it. But if some people get it while others don't, which sounds like the case from what I've heard, it makes me wonder if the issue stems from our files or something else entirely. If you've experienced the bug or have any more information about it, please leave a comment on our open issue page. If the information you provide helps us find and fix the problem, we'll add your name to the credits list. Thank you!

Edited by ShadySheikah

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it alright if I post bugs on this thread?
I don't know these have already been mentioned.

• On chapter 3, after you kill the boss off the seize tile, it pops up a tiny text window with nothing on it except an A button icon.
  • When selecting a path, in explanation box of what kind of gameplay to expect, the Hoshido description's text passes beyond the text borders.
  • The A support convos between Setsuna and Kazahana just immediately skips the dialogue scene and raises the rank. Is that supposed to happen?
  • All ranks of Kagerou/Setsuna supports are still untranslated. 
  • One of Orochi's skinship line (S rank) comes up as blank.
  • All of Kagerou's skinship lines (S rank) are untranslated
  • At the end of Nishiki x Setsuna B rank support, Setsuna's final line is untranslated.
  • No matter how much I try saving or killing off the villagers in Sophie's recruitment chapter, the cutscene after the the battle remains the same: as in it just immediately ends with no dialogue/char sprites whatsoever. Was this supposed to be originally intended?
  • MUxAqua's S rank support is heavily bugged. The beginning dialogue comes up as MU's name first comes up as "???t1". In the backlog history, the MU's name at the beginning is shown as "???t1[MU's name]" in yellow text. After that initial text, the dialogue starts to bunch up until the person who spoke it advances it. And then when you get to her confession scene, a text window appears that says "???t1".
  • Kinu's invite petting (rank A?) and skinship lines are all untranslated.

[FE: if ver 4.0]

Edited by Ero Sennin

On 1/29/2017 at 4:36 AM, ShadySheikah said:

Thanks for letting us know! That's interesting, especially if it's a bug that only affects non-NA consoles. I couldn't tell you what the problem is right now, but I'll add it to the issues list and see what we can do. Could you let me know what gender you were playing, as well?

Edit: Since it appears that this bug is possible on a NA 3DS as well, it'll be easier to test for it. But if some people get it while others don't, which sounds like the case from what I've heard, it makes me wonder if the issue stems from our files or something else entirely. If you've experienced the bug or have any more information about it, please leave a comment on our open issue page. If the information you provide helps us find and fix the problem, we'll add your name to the credits list. Thank you!

I ran into it while playing as a male Corrin, and so did my friend.

For now, we are able to bypass it by playing past the chapter 9 intro with an untranslated dump of Invisible Kingdom. If anyone else here experiences this issue don't delete your save, you can still play past it with the untranslated dump, and then reinstall the translation when you reach the battle.

Edited by Kyonko802

I found a bug in the Birthright side! (NOT SURE IF I SHOULD POST HERE)
When Takumi and Oboro do their C support It just completes and says they achieve rank C. no dailouge whatsoever

Found another bug. at the end of the battle in muse (that chapter where Aqua sings to Garon)
When Kamui is talking to Takumi, the second thing he says to takumi before takumi says "That's right. I'll become stronger too." is completely blank

Edited by Edelweiss

Thanks for the extra information, Kyonko! As for the support and Muse errors, we were actually made aware of those a month or so ago and have already fixed both! They'll both be available in the next release.

Speaking of which, we have a date for the next milestone release! It won't be as grand as the last one though. For this milestone, we focused on fixing bugs, correcting mistakes, and revising some of our older files. That said, this milestone also marks the completion of all male/male first-generation supports, as well as a number of male/female first gen supports.

We'll be putting up Release 4.1 on February 7th.

And as always, thank you for sticking with us for so long! I've been getting a lot of messages from you guys, and it really does mean a lot to me and the rest of the team that you still care so much about this project. We're doing our best to get this out to you as quickly as possible, so stay tuned, and happy Heroes day!

22 hours ago, ShadySheikah said:

Thanks for the extra information, Kyonko! As for the support and Muse errors, we were actually made aware of those a month or so ago and have already fixed both! They'll both be available in the next release.

Speaking of which, we have a date for the next milestone release! It won't be as grand as the last one though. For this milestone, we focused on fixing bugs, correcting mistakes, and revising some of our older files. That said, this milestone also marks the completion of all male/male first-generation supports, as well as a number of male/female first gen supports.

We'll be putting up Release 4.1 on February 7th.

And as always, thank you for sticking with us for so long! I've been getting a lot of messages from you guys, and it really does mean a lot to me and the rest of the team that you still care so much about this project. We're doing our best to get this out to you as quickly as possible, so stay tuned, and happy Heroes day!

I had no idea that someone else had taken the project until recently. If I knew I would have kept abreast of the project and offered my help much sooner. It hurt to see one of my favorite franchises gutted like that.

16 hours ago, RemixDeluxe said:

Would anyone be kind enough to upload the v4.0 of the game on THAT ISO site? Please and thank you.

Had no idea there were people still working on this game, its still my most favorite 3DS game.

are you looking for pre-patched v4? Cause I've seen it there

On 2/5/2017 at 10:46 AM, i7Rei said:

Is the new patch on track for February 7th? Planning to finish Revelation and Birthright, after putting the game on hold since launch after finishing Conquest.

That's what Bossman said. hopefully this will include more support conversations done. and someone on a certain scientific website well probably add the new patch too

Edited by Edelweiss

3 hours ago, Edelweiss said:

That's what Bossman said. hopefully this will include more support conversations done. and someone on 3DS iso place had better pre-patch the cias again cause the only retail copy I have is Hyakuya

You know you can dump your dlcs and patch them too, right?

On 2/3/2017 at 4:36 PM, Edelweiss said:

are you looking for pre-patched v4? Cause I've seen it there

No, currently the highest build to the fan translation is v4.0, therefore I was hoping someone would post it to save trouble.

Is the DLC going to be worked on too or is that complete as it is now?

It's out!

Release version 4.1 is ready and available on our Github repo! Direct link can be found on in the OP as well as here:

https://github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation/releases/tag/v4.1

Release notes are on GitHub, as well, but I'll post them here as well:

• All male/male first generation supports translated and edited
    • First gen M/F 60% translated/edited
    • Second gen supports progress remain at 4%
    • My Castle and events progress remain at 45%
  • Reported game-breaking, almost all minor issues fixed
  • Minor revisions throughout supports and some chapters

Sorry it's not as exciting as the previous release, but 4.1 should be a lot more stable thanks to everyone's suggestions and bug reports. As always, if you find something wrong or out of place, or simply have a suggestion for us, let us know here, or leave a note on our issues board.

Okay. I've run into a bit of a problem.

I know that to patch Invisible Kingdom I have to dump the folders and replace them manually, but the problem I'm running into is I can't get the folders. I tried the hack pack and it only gives me a couple folders. I've tried RomFS Extractor and it throws that the RomFS is invalid.

Can anyone help me figure out how to patch Invisible Kingdom?

Edited by Kyonko802

ALARM ALARM ALARM!

If there are any new people just now finding this patch and you have yet to hack your 3DS, do NOT update to 11.3 until you have hacked it, otherwise you will not be able to play the translation patch until a new method of installing custom firmware and homebrew is found. Go and get it done before you're cut off!

Edited by Kyonko802

11 hours ago, Kyonko802 said:

ALARM ALARM ALARM!

If there are any new people just now finding this patch and you have yet to hack your 3DS, do NOT update to 11.3 until you have hacked it, otherwise you will not be able to play the translation patch until a new method of installing custom firmware and homebrew is found. Go and get it done before you're cut off!

so since i have CFW I'm safe to update, yeah?