ShadySheikah

Fire Emblem If Fan Translation (Under New Management!)

Recommended Posts

Hey so, can I ask a quick question? What would make the patcher deem the xorpads to be invalid? I've been trying to get this to work for a while now..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check to make sure you have all the required XORPads. The ones you need are listed in the guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There must be a step you're missing somewhere. Is there anything different about what you're doing at all?

You generated a seeddb.bin file and used it in Decrypt9 with your ncchinfo.bin to generate your XORPads, and it's still throwing that error, right?

What's the ROM you're using, is it a raw dump of Fire Emblem If? .3DS? .CIA?

Edited by Kyonko802

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small announcement:

I've solved the riddle of unpacking and rebuilding the DLC for patching purposes. Expect a guide before the end of the month.

Edited by Kyonko802

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, i m not really sure if it s the place for that or not, i m pretty new to this forum but i have some questions.
 

First i need to ask something that might be pretty dumb, but am i the only one who just get lost with all the things to do for the patch? I mean maybe it s because i m not a native english but i just feel overwhelmed with a LOT of things..

Second question, is the game cause problem with the translation already done? It mean, all the story is done but support is really important in the FE series and i m wondering if the things not translate yet are really that big or not?

 

Third and last, my girlfriend started to play at the EU version and she feel like Nohr is "absolute evil", i know that localization change a LOT of things (hi to Saizou/Beruka support) and i m curious if the japanese game is more "neutral" about it. I must say first of all i didnt play the game at the moment (need to end awakening and i really want the japanese dub for fate..) so maybe her & I are wrong and it will come a time where the game wont let us think we are guilty to follow the Nohr Path.

About that last question i m also curious if there is some website talking about the way character are in the japanese game.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! First of all I want to thank everyone on team if for continuing to work on this project!                                                                                  

I noticed a few errors while playing as the female avatar during my run of the Nohr path and other oddities - the voice I picked is called Proud

  • In chapter 8 while she and Cyrus are in the snow she mentions Felicia saying it gets colder the closer they get to the tribe. I'm pretty sure this was a copy paste from the male one and it should have said Joker
  • In chapter 12 one of Garon's lines goes "Kamui's soul... his flesh and blood." male pronoun used.
  • In chapter 14 a line is forcefully skipped to the next text box "I heard about it from" skipped followed by "the rainbow sage when"
  • chapter 20 has Fuuga misspell Brynhildr
  • chapter 21 towards the end Kamui has an untranslated line - might have something to do with picked voice
  • In chapter 22 Yukimura when warning Sakura refers to Kamui as lord instead of lady - also weird skip in text when Kamui confronts Tsubaki
  • chapter 24 has an japanese line from her along with english in the same sentence, might be because of voice pick - also skip in text between Kamui and Hinoka
  • In endgame Takumi says he will never wake up again, referring to female Kamui - also Suzukaze's motivation quote refers to her as lord Kamui instead of lady. once the final boss has been defeated I noticed japanese text along with english being said by her - again might be because of the voice I picked.
  • In Cyrus' S support with Camilla he repeats "a bit" twice
  • Asura, Harold and Izana each have a blank touch box show up during their marriage skinship minigame
  • not sure if intentional or not but one of Odin's marriage skinship phrase has eyes spelled as eeeyes. Putting it here in case!

Finished the Nohrian kingdom path today and this is all I found! I plan on starting the Hoshido path next week and might make a list again since I'll be playing female again

Edited by AnyaByakuya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna be crystal clear.

Is all the DLC completely done and finished and its now just the main game being worked on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RemixDeluxe said:

I wanna be crystal clear.

Is all the DLC completely done and finished and its now just the main game being worked on?

Negative. The xenologues have not yet been translated. Invisible Kingdom has, however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanna say thanks to the new group of fans who picked up this project after it got neglected. I was waiting for a while and was curious as to why the project hadn't really made much progress. Good work to all those currently and previously or always have been involved. 

3 hours ago, Kyonko802 said:

Negative. The xenologues have not yet been translated. Invisible Kingdom has, however.

How much progress has been made in the xenologue translations, and is there an estimate as to when they might be released? No rush though, just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Akiha said:

Just wanna say thanks to the new group of fans who picked up this project after it got neglected. I was waiting for a while and was curious as to why the project hadn't really made much progress. Good work to all those currently and previously or always have been involved. 

How much progress has been made in the xenologue translations, and is there an estimate as to when they might be released? No rush though, just curious.

No estimate from me at least, and as far as I know the xenologues haven't been touched yet. Pretty sure they're last in line. Supports come first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for continuing this project, btw any ETA on My Castle TL completion? Don't really want to continue playing until it's done (no rush though, I can wait).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, seiyaaa said:

Thanks for continuing this project, btw any ETA on My Castle TL completion? Don't really want to continue playing until it's done (no rush though, I can wait).

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that My Castle had been completely translated. Is this incorrect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lord Gorchnik said:

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that My Castle had been completely translated. Is this incorrect?

The My Castle interactions are all translated for the menus and stuff, but the various lines your units say have not been fully translated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I've been lurking this thread for a while now and I'd be very thanksful if someone could answer a few questions for me.

First of all, this is my first time of even thinking of hacking my 3DS, I just want to patch the horrible localization Fates from what I've heard with stuff like Soleil's supports. I haven't played fates yet either despite having the special edition since release, but I guess it's for the better if I get to experience the game for the first time as intended thanks to you guys, lmao.

Anyway, does this patch also work for the european special edition? I've seen a few other threads that make it sound like it's not possible to do so the same way. I might be wrong, mind you. Furthermore, is it possible to combine patches like the undubbed audio with this one? I'd also like to know if you have to "boot up" the game via the homebrew everytime you want to play the game or if the patch is permanent, it probably is a dumb question. Preparing the DS doesn't seem all that hard, but I rather be sure before I brick the console by accident.

Edit: I almost forget, I've read everywhere that it's compatible with the 11.2.0 version or below, but does this also apply to the 11.2.0-25E?

Thanks for your hard work, much appreciated

Edited by Oniric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2017 at 5:14 PM, Kyonko802 said:

The My Castle interactions are all translated for the menus and stuff, but the various lines your units say have not been fully translated.

Too strange. I followed all the instructions here and most of the game is translated. A certain group of supports aren't though. And nothing from MyCastle is. Ill give it another pass and see if I screwed up somewhere.

Edited by Lord Gorchnik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lord Gorchnik said:

Too strange. I followed all the instructions here and most of the game is translated. A certain group of supports aren't though. And nothing from MyCastle is. Ill give it another pass and see if I screwed up somewhere.

Not all the supports are done yet, either, you're probably running into the ones we haven't finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Oniric said:

Hi, I've been lurking this thread for a while now and I'd be very thanksful if someone could answer a few questions for me.

First of all, this is my first time of even thinking of hacking my 3DS, I just want to patch the horrible localization Fates from what I've heard with stuff like Soleil's supports. I haven't played fates yet either despite having the special edition since release, but I guess it's for the better if I get to experience the game for the first time as intended thanks to you guys, lmao.

Anyway, does this patch also work for the european special edition? I've seen a few other threads that make it sound like it's not possible to do so the same way. I might be wrong, mind you. Furthermore, is it possible to combine patches like the undubbed audio with this one? I'd also like to know if you have to "boot up" the game via the homebrew everytime you want to play the game or if the patch is permanent, it probably is a dumb question. Preparing the DS doesn't seem all that hard, but I rather be sure before I brick the console by accident.

Edit: I almost forget, I've read everywhere that it's compatible with the 11.2.0 version or below, but does this also apply to the 11.2.0-25E?

Thanks for your hard work, much appreciated

Okay first, make sure you hack your 3DS using plailect's guide before updating to 11.3, also, yes, 11.2.0-25E can be hacked.

Second, this patch is only for the Japanese version of the game.

Once you are on custom firmware and have hacked your 3Ds, however, this will not matter, as custom firmware ignores the region locking on your system completely. You have to do some extra steps to set up the DLC though.

If you want help on hacking so you can play the game head to the 3DShacks reddit, you can also find plailect's guide there. If you decide to do it do not disregard any steps, and listen to the warnings that are in the guide. It is safe as long as you follow instructions. Once you start don't stop, if you get stuck on a step pause the process and ask for help on the reddit.

Once you have a9lh and Luma3DS you can safely update to 11.3 without losing any of the new stuff you just got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.