Alright but Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

CWGameplay

I'm looking to start Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but have no clue where to start...

I've been interested in it for awhile and want to start it before it gets too far for me to catch up, and I've seen a lot about Diamond is Unbreakable.

So the question I have is what order should I watch the Jojo series, and where's a good link for me to watch them?

Thanks!

Thank you!

Is the 2012 series ongoing or...?

I'm assuming that the 2012 anime was the first season and continued from Phantom Blood to Stardust Crusaders, right?

The first season covers the first two parts (Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency). Stardust Crusaders, on the other hand, got an entire season just to itself. Same for the the fourth part, Diamond is Unbreakable, which is currently nearing it's final few episodes.

Keep in mind that the length of the seasons is pretty uneven, with season 1 being the shortest (26 episodes), and season 2 the longest (48 episodes).

Edited by VmmVaa

JoJo's generally best watched in chronological order. Parts 1, 3 and 4 are vaguely linked together, and make a lot more sense if you've seen the series before them. You could hypothetically skip 1, but it does provide a good backing. Part 2 is generally unrelated other than a single recurring character, but is good enough to watch on its own.

I watched Part 2 just for Chrom's JP voice actor.

But if you want to be connected with Joseph in Part 3, I do recommend watching Part 2. Even if it can be technically skipped, like Shin said.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I you're only interested in the "main storyline", you could theoretically skip everything except parts 1, 3 and 6. But you'd be missing out on quite a bit that way. There's also the fact that a lot of the parts kind of form "sub-plots" (for example, parts 1 and 2 are make up a coherent story, but part 3 is more of a sequel to part 1 than it is a continuation of part 2).

It might also be worth noting that parts 7 (Steel Ball Run) and up are part of a seinen reboot/alternate universe, so it's sort of possible to jump in there and essentially follow both the manga and anime at the same time. You'll loose out on a lot of allusions though (and, even though basic story is completely different from the original, it's not 100 % spoiler free in regards to a few character's powers and such).

Edited by VmmVaa