Good "Completed" Anime?

Elieson

anime that I like enough to recommend:

Kaiba: thought provoking on the concept of the connection between mind and body, set in a dystopian future (good shit)

Princess Tutu: deeper than most magical girl anime but not grimdark

Urusei Yatsura: good slapstick and character interactions, over 100 episodes of content plus several movies, you can't go wrong

Gankutsuou: the count of monte cristo, but as a space opera

Crest of the Stars: another anime in space! mostly focuses on the relationship between a space elf and a human

Humanity Has Declined: comedic series about humans, whose population is dying off

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: comedy about first world problems

Petite Princess Yucie: little kids (not really) solve problems and do jobs so that they become better people

Squidgirl is solid comedy. You liked Azumanga Daioh, which I feel is somewhat similar in humor, sort of four-panel gag storylines, though obviously the setting and situations will be different.

I remember Chrno Crusade being very solid, and while I can't point to a specific series on your list that it would compare to, I do think from some of the ratings you've shown, that it might fall within your strike zone.

Toward The Terra is fantastic, and fairly underappreciated, imo. I got turned onto it by the good taste brigade in the FE4 thread.

Pumpkin Scissors was a solid tale. A pretty nice military show, the squad is comprised of mostly normals, except for one big guy who was part of the country's anti-tank soldier research program, which leads in to the crew finding out about some dirty secrets their government is hiding from the people. That sort of story, if I remember correctly.

Otome Youkai Zakuro was also a pretty refreshing military-adjacent type show, in a vaguely Meiji-era setting with youkai and other Japanese folklore mixed in.

ef: A Tale of memories/melodies is your school romance style show, with jealousy, drama, and love playing out over a canvas of following the stories of several acquainted couples. The first season was better than the second, but I figured based on your rating for e.g. Clannad it might be worth a peek for you.

I have many other possible recommendations, but it's probably better not to swamp you all at once. A bunch of the shows other people already mentioned I would also second, if you want particular examples, let me know.

I would also love to recommend Chihayafuru, but I have no idea if there are any plans to make a third season or not.

• 1 year later...
On 12/9/2016 at 11:34 AM, Umbran Darros 3 Confirmed! said:

All anime is bad. There are no good animes.

This isn't Far from the Forest, yo.

1 minute ago, Rex Glacies said:

... Isn't this a necromancy?

Yep~!

But since this was in response to a ticket, nyet.  I'm just gonna close the topic.