Super Smash Bros. Switch Discussion: And the cycle continues again.

Anacybele

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

If Square Enix gets another character, I'd honestly rather it be Dragon Quest, since we already have a FF character.

While my first choice for that is Madason Gotha (The DQV protagonist), I can see it being Loto (the III protagonist, as DQIII is a really big thing) or "Eleven" (because recent) more easily.  

I can understand that, my point was only from a standing of if 15 got announced for the Switch, I can see them throwing in the main character from that game. Much like Corrin for Fates.

Unfortunately I have no experience with Dragon Quest outside of Dragon Quest builders, so I have no experience to really go off of there.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm adding some new characters from the Switch presentation for my Wish List for the Switch version. I definitely like to add Spring Man and Ribbon Girl from Arms for now on and I'll probably have to wait to see which character is the actual main protagonist from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but I don't see any game characters were introduced from the Presentation and Treehouse Live Event of 1-2 Switch and the two playable characters from Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! looks like it's hard going to be added as fighters for the Switch version that I'll might exclude them for right now?

And also, I like to see if that Hat Character (I'm talking about Mario's hat that Mario can throw it and he manages to have eyes that really surprised us when it popped out) that we saw from latest trailer for Super Mario Odyssey appears as Mario's moves or as an item for the Switch version.

Edited by King Marth 64

Heavily considering adding Travis Touchdown to my roster after the announcement of another No More Heroes game on the Switch. It's be great to see a squealing fanboy among the cast who revels in the fact that he's been included.

Honestly, i am not really expecting any knew characters. If we get a new smash game for the Switch, I am expecting it to be more of a third pillar for the 3DS and Wii U, though i could easily be wrong.

On 1/17/2017 at 8:52 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

If Square Enix gets another character, I'd honestly rather it be Dragon Quest, since we already have a FF character.

While my first choice for that is Madason Gotha (The DQV protagonist), I can see it being Loto (the III protagonist, as DQIII is a really big thing) or "Eleven" (because recent) more easily.  

I personally would be more satisfied with Chrono (since he came from a game with a talking frog).

• 2 months later...

I have a sneaking suspicion that my idea of Blizzard finally getting a rep isnt out of the equation. Blizzard was recently talking about wanting to work with Nintendo and getting Overwatch on the Switch. It was extremely vague in how they said it, possibly hinting to the idea that Overwatch might be ported over to the Switch. If that is the case, I will not be surprised to see Blizzard get a rep in Smash, whether it be a character from Overwatch or one from one of their other games. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2017 at 7:46 PM, Tolvir said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that my idea of Blizzard finally getting a rep isnt out of the equation. Blizzard was recently talking about wanting to work with Nintendo and getting Overwatch on the Switch. It was extremely vague in how they said it, possibly hinting to the idea that Overwatch might be ported over to the Switch. If that is the case, I will not be surprised to see Blizzard get a rep in Smash, whether it be a character from Overwatch or one from one of their other games. 

If Tracer gets into Smash I will squeal in happiness

1 minute ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

If Tracer gets into Smash I will squeal in happiness

Tracer would be cool, but I would love to see Illidan or Arthas show up. Especially if we get both Paladin and Death Knight Arthas like Cloud got both his original and AC costume.

Edited by Tolvir

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Tracer would be cool, but I would love to see Illidan or Arthas show up. Especially if we get both Paladin and Death Knight Arthas like Cloud got both his original and AC costume.

Yeah, ideally I'd like to see somebody other than Tracer, but she's sorta synonymous with Blizzard these days the same way Cloud is synonymous with FF, so if we got a rep it would probably be Tracer.

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

Dammit, I like SSB as the "Nintendo Mascot Fighting Game". I hate all of this third party crossover.

Snake in Brawl made me raise an eyebrow, but you know what? Metal Gear 1 and 2 were on the NES, and MGS1 got remade on the Gamecube. Snake had been on Nintendo, and he had been on a Nintendo console in the decade prior to Brawl. Sonic, too.

Then Ryu and Cloud were announced. Ryu, sure, whatever. Street Fighter 2's popularity was helped a lot by the SNES, and SNK vs. Capcom was all over the GC and Wii. But Cloud had NEVER been on a Nintendo system. There was no reason for him over say, like, Terra, Locke, Cecil, Kain, Bartz, Warrior of Light, or whoever actually had been on Nintendo besides popularity. But at least Square Enix had a presence on Nintendo systems.

Now people are wanting a developer/publisher who hasn't even been on anything Nintendo in 20 years to put a character in SSB.

Edited by Slumber

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

Then Ryu and Cloud were announced. Ryu, sure, whatever. Street Fighter 2's popularity was helped a lot by the SNES, and SNK vs. Capcom was all over the GC and Wii. But Cloud had NEVER been on a Nintendo system. There was no reason for him over say, like, Terra, Locke, Cecil, Kain, Bartz, Warrior of Light, or whoever actually had been on Nintendo besides popularity. But at least Square Enix had a presence on Nintendo systems.

I don't want too much third party crossover in Smash either, but isn't Cloud actually the most well known and popular Final Fantasy character? And that series HAS been on Nintendo consoles.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I don't want too much third party crossover in Smash either, but isn't Cloud actually the most well known and popular Final Fantasy character? And that series HAS been on Nintendo consoles.

As I said

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

or whoever actually had been on Nintendo besides popularity.

FF has been on Nintendo consoles, but the series changes cast every iteration, and not only has Cloud never been on Nintendo outside of stuff like Theatrhythm, Cloud's the main character of the game that signifies the split between Square and Nintendo. It's pretty ironic that Cloud of all people was the one who got in SSB.

On 1/17/2017 at 9:45 AM, Tolvir said:

So before the Switch Presentation, I had a thought that I considered had a chance of happening. Considering Square Enix's partnership with Nintendo, I figured Final Fantasy 15 would be among the announced games.

They already stated they aren't bringing FF15 over, it's a matter of power. The engine used isn't optimized very well, and even runs poorly on the Xbox One, which is much more powerful than the Switch.

2 minutes ago, DragonLord said:

They already stated they aren't bringing FF15 over, it's a matter of power. The engine used isn't optimized very well, and even runs poorly on the Xbox One, which is much more powerful than the Switch.

Yeah, it was just speculation from a while ago though. And a bit of wishful thinking.

Just now, Tolvir said:

Yeah, it was just speculation from a while ago though. And a bit of wishful thinking.

Oh crap, just noticed the date. Yeah, it would be nice to see, but unlikely. What IS likely though, is a port of FFVII Remake and/or KH3. Both run on Unreal Engine 4, which can both be optimized for the Switch. I'm willing to bet the former, considering Cloud's (somewhat random) inclusion in Smash. I mean he has never been on a Nintendo Console, and Final Fantasy games haven't exactly been on Nintendo consoles for a long time.

2 minutes ago, DragonLord said:

Oh crap, just noticed the date. Yeah, it would be nice to see, but unlikely. What IS likely though, is a port of FFVII Remake and/or KH3. Both run on Unreal Engine 4, which can both be optimized for the Switch. I'm willing to bet the former, considering Cloud's (somewhat random) inclusion in Smash. I mean he has never been on a Nintendo Console, and Final Fantasy games haven't exactly been on Nintendo consoles for a long time.

That is a possibility, especially if Unreal 4 can be optimized for Switch. FFVII's remake looks crazy graphics wise and it is still just in early alpha stages. I guess we will see at E3. I would still love a port of FFVII on the 3DS, as in the original PSone version.

• 2 weeks later...

I did saw someone found couple of rumored leaked images from 4chan and GameXplain showed the rest of the images that appeared to be Switch version related since these weren't in the 3DS version nor the Wii U version. It's little hard to judge them if there fake or real.

And also, I did came up with the idea for Alm's movesets in case if he get's added to the roster for the Switch version. I think it be like:

• Neutral: Bow (since Alm's Hero class can uses Bows)
  • Side: Subdue or Double Lion
  • Up: That midair attack similar to like Alm throws his shield and jumped high to land the Falchion on Duma in Act 5. (I don't think that has a name)
  • Down: Mila's Turnwheel (can summon Illusion Monsters or use it to turnback time, but just for Alm only similar to like Shulk's Vision)
  • Final Smash: Scendscale
On 5/16/2017 at 2:36 PM, Slumber said:

FF has been on Nintendo consoles, but the series changes cast every iteration, and not only has Cloud never been on Nintendo outside of stuff like Theatrhythm, Cloud's the main character of the game that signifies the split between Square and Nintendo. It's pretty ironic that Cloud of all people was the one who got in SSB.

Cloud was in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Final Fantasy Explorers since those games were on Nintendo platforms.

Edited by King Marth 64

Edit: How in the world did this made a double post, I only did pressed the save button once? I did just posted just one not a duplicate post.

Edited by King Marth 64