Abuse

Ethlyn

Long time no see friends...

Some may remember me, some may not...

I am Ethlyn, and I have returned from a long time of break...

I think some may recall my behaviour strange, when interacting with me...Also that I took a lot of breaks...

I am naturally a shy person...Easily frightened...But that is not entirely it...

It is hard for me a bit to talk about it but...I was subjected to abuse. Both physically and mentally...

I um...Did not wish to create this topic, to be pitied, but more like...

I was wondering if there are other people here, who went through such difficult times. If so, what did you do after it..."Ended"...? What would you recommend for me to do, because...I feel really exhausted...

Find a good therapist. Sometimes, it's the first therapist you see, sometimes, it's the tenth. Keep looking until you find someone that clicks with you. If your therapist ever makes you uncomfortable, start looking again.

I'm going to quote something in the Serious Discussion forum sticky:

- This subforum is no substitute for trained medical professionals. For any serious personal medical or psychological issues there are better places to get advice than from strangers on the internet. Get in touch with your primary care provider if you have one, or a relevant hotline (Suicide Prevention, Domestic Abuse, Substance Abuse, etc.) if you do not.

This subforum's forte is arguing about politics, not helping those in a really delicate situation. Since we have some posters that will make this situation even worse, I'm going to lock this. If you absolutely must talk to someone, use the PM system. It's less likely to attract unwanted attention. If anyone gives you grief over PM, feel free to use the Report button.