FE10 Tierlist 2017

Renning:

Meh. He's okay, he has good bases and I guess if you didn't use Titania then he could be a replacement. But meh.

4/10

Kurthnaga:

Oh boy, I thought I was gonna get the best dang unit in the game when he showed up! But nope. I was wrong. Not the worst unit in the game (looking at you, Lyre), but pretty bad.

3/10

Ena:

Are you better than Kurthnaga? Yeah, but not by much.

3.5/10

Gareth:

Why are dragons so bad in this game? You're just the male version of Ena!

3.5/10

Nasir:

The best dragon, but that's not saying much. Dragons are utterly disappointing in this game.

4/10

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him really raised in only one LP by bossabusing him against Deghinsea.

He became powerful and accurate... but with his speed cap he couldn't double the auras and only Ashera by whitepool.

Tbh the dragons only exist for their status boost. As for combat all of them except for Nasir are pretty bad.

Renning: 2.5/10. He's honestly not in a bad class, since he has canto, wyrmslayers, and hammer access... about as good as a non-34 speed class can be. Unfortunately his stats are only decent, not good like Stefan/Volke, and he doesn't have a map or part of a map like them/Bastian, and obviously is outclassed by the lions for pure endgame units.

Kurthnaga:: 4/10. Night Tide definitely has its cool uses and he can act as a wall/free damage in E-3 which is nice. Kinda declines in the last two maps which is funny because he gets Formshift for them!

Ena: 6/10. Kinda feel like she's being undersold here, she's one of the most valuable units against Dheginsea, and Blood Tide has plenty of uses as well. Also status healing on E-1 and wall use on E-3. Nothing amazing but she always figures into endgame strategies, certainly more than Kurth does.

Gareth: 2/10. Another Blood Tide user, but without Ena's use in the first three maps and then more fragile in the last two, so he's a decent choice to leave on the bench (then again, so are Sothe, Sanaki, and Kurth, so I dunno).

Nasir: 6/10. The other good dragon. Nasir isn't around as long as Ena and doesn't have her use in E1 to E3, but he's even better when he is around due to more valuable tide + hey he actually has some combat if you need it! And the only way he's dying is to Ashera's ST physical which you may well not see (it's turn 4 IIRC), and you can keep him on +def terrain if you know it's coming.

3.5 for Renning. He's not a bad unit by any means, but he suffers for only being usable in the endgame.

4.5/10 for Kurthnaga. Night Tide has its uses, and he doesn't eat counters in 4-E-3, which can help since dragons hit hard as hell.

5/10 for Ena. Like Kurthnaga, is free damage on the dragons in 4-E-3, except she has Blood Tide.

2/10 for Gareth. He has Blood Tide as well, but his usefulness is undermined by the part where the enemies in the last two parts of endgame are all magic based, which means he's more of a liability than an asset.

6/10 for Nasir. He's practically invincible in the last two maps of the endgame, and White Pool is an amazing support skill.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Renning - Slap Imbue on him for giggles. He's Stefan on a horse with a better affinity, but he'll never be able to take advantage of that affinity short of stalling. He'll function if you ABSOLUTELY need a mounted SS sword user, though I can't understand why it would be a necessity. 4/10

Kurthnaga - Not being able to Formshift over the first few Endgame chapters sucks. Then he becomes an aurabot or something. He gets his own personal training ground in 4-3, which is something I guess. 3/10

Ena - If there was a FE10 remake that had reclassing, and Ena had any sort of magical options, she'd be hilarious. Otherwise, WHY IS YOUR STRENGTH GROWTH SO LOW, YOU ARE A RED DRAGON FFS. The only reason why she's getting any points out of me is because of her aura. Endgame has room for only so many utility units, and she is NOT outdoing the herons. 2.5/10

Gareth - A better representation of Red Dragons, IMO - high physical strength and defense, and not much else. He comes far too late to be of any meaningful impact, though. If he reversed his recruitment time with Ena, I'd seriously consider giving him a BEXP whirl. 2/10

Nasir - How he has lower Magic growth than Ena is beyond me. The dragon mage thing, his aura is pretty damn useful, and unlike Ena/Gareth, there's only one of him. He'll forever be slow, but that's because he donated all of his speed to other units. 5/10

Renning: I think he's slightly better than his stats make him out to be. He makes good use of Imbue, can use hammers and wyrmslayers, and can put on an SS sword if you have one free, or at least he can put on a brave sword/axe. He's serviceable even if he doesn't double things in endgame, because he is actually pretty durable compared to the rest of the filler units you get to round out an endgame team if things didn't go well.

Kurthnaga: He is essentially invincible in 4-E-3 and that can be free levels if you want, but his aura is the worst of the dragons. If you brought no one else to take down Deghinsea, Kurth can just chip away at him in a slowplay and you'll win. Otherwise even with formshift he's very unimpressive for damage simply because he's so slow and his attack power isn't really that high since he only has A strike. Guh.

Ena: Bring her for her auras, but she doesn't really do anything else. At least her durability is impressive in the last chapters and her Boon may be useful in the event you had multiple clustered units get hit by an Elsleep or Elsilence. However Blood Tide is really good and Ena is basically untouchable from 4-E-3 onwards so she's really nice to just have her stand wherever you want. I feel like she has a Mist problem in that they may have planned for her to use a magical weapon like Nasir, but decided to give her a generic strength-using red dragon breath instead, plus she has A strike so she's really, really not hurting anything.

Gareth: Actually does damage, but not as flexible on where you can put him and he can only help for 2 chapters instead of 5. I personally think Ena is better, because Gareth's chip just makes me nervous about getting him killed with his bad speed and res.

Nasir: Speed aura makes a lot of other units go from good to god. He's pretty decent himself compared to the other dragons you get so he can contribute chip damage while getting into position for everyone else to take advantage of his awesome buff.

*so i actually want to try to make kurth work, has anyone been able to do it before? i guess his skill capacity means you can stick paragon and idk resolve on him and just grind with him in the black knight chapter? is it possible to make him resemble an actual royal?

I used BEXP to get him enough Speed and Strength to ORKO the 4-E-1 Generals in a draft once. It took over an hour of resetting, if I remember correctly. And even then, he only saved one turn over the course of the entire Endgame. Still, if you take the time to get him there he performs well enough against standard enemies. There's just no point in trying to raise him at this point, unfortunately. His aura is the worst out of the three, even.

Renning - kind of in the same boat as Stefan: A decent filler unit at a point where you don't really need decent filler units. I'll go with a 3 (compared to Stefan's 3.5) because he still suffers from his low speed.

The Dragons all bring some unique abilities into the mix which I quite like, but they're still only present for a very short period of time. Their combat abiliy tends to be rather underwhelming and the most important thing about them isn't how good they are at killing stuff, it's about how good they are in not dying.

Kurth - his aura is the least impressive of the three and while he will gain formshift, he's way behind the other royal's fighting abilities. Starting with an A strike rank certainly doesn't help things. 2.5/10

Ena - less likely to die than Gareth, surprisingly enough. 4.5/10

Gareth - can punch exhale pretty hard,but his atrocious speed and resistance is really crippling. 3.5/10

Nasir - has the most powerful aura unless you field five trueblades against Ashera. By far the tankiest of the dragons (since physical defense is almost useless at this point). 5.5/10

I once did Resolve Wrath on Kurth for 4-E-1. Hit a thunder sage and enter resolve mode. Gens will most likely hit you to enter Wrath Mode and he'll probably double slow enemies. He got loads of levels on NM, capped a lot of stats with BEXP and extra levels at .99exp. However he's not doing a lot because his combat isn't stellar. He doubles Ashera with Nasir though.

I'm going to redo the entire table.

Will reverse columns and lines to make better use of the filter and will bring all sheets to one table together.

If someone wants to leave votes (who hasn't done yet), then it'd be the best chance to do it now!

I cut out BK's 0.

Shall I remove Makalov's and Danved's 0 as well?

Edited by Eleanor Hume

On reflection I think my numeric score was too hard on Renning compared to my comments, so I'd like to bump him up from 2.5 to 3.5. (I'd also forgotten that his SS is in swords and there are two of those flying around, which helps.) I can't see how to change my vote, though.

On reflection I think my numeric score was too hard on Renning compared to my comments, so I'd like to bump him up from 2.5 to 3.5. (I'd also forgotten that his SS is in swords and there are two of those flying around, which helps.) I can't see how to change my vote, though.

If you want to change your vote, just click "Delete My Vote" and re-vote.

Renning: 2

The good thing is he has canto and decent bases but he's not exactly the best endgame filler. Too bad he doesn't have staves like his niece.

Kurth: 3

He kept my units alive in 1-3 too bad he didn't keep that sturdiness for endgame. They should have given him SS-strike to make him deadly like the black dragons are supposed to be. He's still a decent utility unit and can keep the herons alive when Ashera's waves hit.

Ena: 5

Probably the best dragon because she has the most availability but like the rest of them she's not that good at fighting.

Gareth: 3

Ena-lite because he has less availability but you'll want to deploy both of them to bring the bosses down faster.

Nasir: 4

He's useful because he makes your units faster, and combined with Ena/Gareth he helps you get rid of the auras faster esp. with your slower units that are borderline doubling.

Edited by Sweet_Basil

I redid the table.

voting results

It might look confusing at first sight, but you can use the filter better now to make the table more visuable.

Also I asked it already, but no one answered me: Shall I remove Makalov's and Danved's 0?

If no one gives me a no, then I'll do it by myself.

Edited by Eleanor Hume

I redid the table.

voting results

It might look confusing at first sight, but you can use the filter better now to make the table more visuable.

Also I asked it already, but no one answered me: Shall I remove Makalov's and Danved's 0?

If no one gives me a no, then I'll do it by myself.

Not to long ago you weren't inclined on removing reyson's 1 and mia' 10 and lyre's 6. You said you would count every vote. I don't see why these are any different, so either count them all or remove any vote that is extrmely out of the ordinary.

I'd have no problem to remove Mia's 10 and Leanne's 0.5.

However Lyre's 6 and Anacybele's low rating of the herons were reasoned... so it'd be unfair towards them to ignore their votes (even if you don't agree with them).

Well, I'm not complety happy either how the voting went.

It was my fault that I didn't make the poll public in the very first voting already. (because of my unknowing)

Furthermore it's unfortunate that there are still trolls around in the forum who misused this thread to make fun by shitvoting.

It's hard for me to tell what a trollvote is and what not.

So that's why I asked you.

I'd like to have a result as realistic as possible.

Edited by Eleanor Hume

How 'bout this:

No justification for the vote, and it gets thrown out. If there is some sort of reasoning behind the vote, then see if it actually makes sense (as in, is this unit rated low because of how they are in-game, or because their hair is ugly).

How 'bout this:

No justification for the vote, and it gets thrown out. If there is some sort of reasoning behind the vote, then see if it actually makes sense (as in, is this unit rated low because of how they are in-game, or because their hair is ugly).

That's what was my orginial idea because it's a fair deal.

However I will accept a reason like that Heron's are bad because they can't fight.

I have to accept it, if someone has a different playstyle than most other people, and so comes to a different opinion.

I will check out the entire table all over again.

Will definitely remove Danved's and Makalov's 0 and Leanne's 0.5 because they were neither reasoned nor somehow near to the average.

Edited by Eleanor Hume

I'd have no problem to remove Mia's 10 and Leanne's 0.5.

However Lyre's 6 and Anacybele's low rating of the herons were reasoned... so it'd be unfair towards them to ignore their votes (even if you don't agree with them).

Well, I'm not complety happy either how the voting went.

It was my fault that I didn't make the poll public in the very first voting already. (because of my unknowning)

Furthermore it's unfortunate that there are still trolls around in the forum who misused this thread to make fun by shitvoting.

It's hard for me to tell what a trollvote is and what not.

So that's why I asked you.

I'd like to have a result as realistic as possible.

I can imagine you're not completely happy with how the voting went. Seems fair to remove some of the clearly illogical or trolling votes.

One last thing on the Reyson vote though. In my opinion it's not well reasoned, I''ll give you an example below:

"In that case I'd like to change my Ike vote to a 1/10 because he can't refresh people. "

It's true, it applies the exact same reasoning. You should change my vote as to stay consistent. However, you and I both know it's completely illogical. Why deduct points and give a low rating to a unit because it can't perform a certain function that it was not intended to be able to do? Last part is important, because it is more than fair to deduct points for a unit not being able to function well in its intended way. Lyre is intended as a combat unit, she sucks at it, low rating is justified.

Ike is intended as a combat unit, but i give him a 1/10 because he can't refresh my units and that sucks. It's the exact same as:

Reyson is intended as a refresh unit, but i give him a 1/10 because he can't enter combat and that sucks. It's deducting points in an unfair way. Which, to me, is reason enough to not take the vote into account. But as I said, that's my opinion, and I'll leave it at that.

(Do note that I do acknowledge Ana's other points like being fragile a fragile unit, even if i do not agree with those things being worth deducting points over since we have different playstyles.)

^ Yeah, you're right.

It'd be unfair towards the unit if people don't know to use it efficiently.

So I removed Anacybele's votings too.

Removed these votes:

• 0 for Makalov
  • 0 for Danved
  • 0.5 + 1 for Leanne
  • 2 for Rafiel
  • 1 for Reyson

Considering to cut Lucia's 0.5 because it's pretty much an outlier too and >3 points away from the acutal average.

As for Mia's 10... I will accept it heavyheartly since it's not really an outlier.

She also has 9 and 9,5, so I assume the voter gave a bit too much bias.

voting results

table 5

Lehran

Bases (level 20)

HP: 50

Strength: 11

Magic: 40

Skill: 40

Magic: 40

Speed: 40

Luck: 40

Defense: 23

Resistance: 40

Skill: mantle

Affinity: light

The exclusive character in the second playthrough.

He comes up with the Ashera stave which is quite nice, and potentially the best user of Belberith but it requires Pelleas's deployment. Thanks to mantle he can attack the auras for free and his hitrate isn't too shabby (~80%)

Lehran serves as panic button, if you have trouble to beat Ashera quickly (< 3 turns). Otherwise Micaiah with fortify can do the exact same thing as him.

Since he's only available in the second playthrough and only for one single map...

no rating