FE10 Tierlist 2017

10 hours ago, Soul~! said:

Sanaki's actually pretty good when she exists. Yes, this includes 80% of the Tower.

To re-iterate my earlier comments, Bastian is better than her in almost every way for the Tower. (And obviously is better in 4-5 than she is in 4-P or 4-3.)

I don't really feel that being a worse version of Bastian qualifies as "pretty good" myself, but your definitions may vary.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had her pretty much solo half of the map while Tanith and Sigrun dealt with the other part. 

Gave her that, Daunt and a forged tome. Worked wonders. She's already on the dodgier side thanks to having a ton of Luck. And the only enemies that 1HKO her are like Warriors and the boss.

All in HM, for whatever it's worth.

Edited by Soul~!

How did you manage to bring her level high enough to make her a dodgetank?

I'm assuming paragon for 4-P and 4-3, right?

Isn't vantage + resolve a good combination too since her activation rate of vantage will be high and so the activation rate of flare to get free kills in enemy phase?

If we're talking about a 25 speed Sanaki in 4-3, she has only 37% activation rate of vantage. But I could imagine it's worth the risk.

2 hours ago, Soul~! said:

I had her pretty much solo half of the map while Tanith and Sigrun dealt with the other part. 

Gave her that, Daunt and a forged tome. Worked wonders. She's already on the dodgier side thanks to having a ton of Luck. And the only enemies that 1HKO her are like Warriors and the boss.

All in HM, for whatever it's worth.

Is the forged tome really necessary? Other than that, see my usual misgivings on Resolve.

11 minutes ago, Eleanor Hume said:

How did you manage to bring her level high enough to make her a dodgetank?

I'm assuming paragon for 4-P and 4-3, right?

Isn't vantage + resolve a good combination too since her activation rate of vantage will be high and so the activation rate of flare to get free kills in enemy phase?

If we're talking about a 25 speed Sanaki in 4-3, she has only 37% activation rate of vantage. But I could imagine it's worth the risk.

Resolve and Flare have negative synergy, and with Sanaki being frail as she is... Yeah. Also, Vantage ain't nearly reliable enough to rely on.

16 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Ohhh, you just reminded me of that. lol No, fuck it has amazing synergy. Everytime she gets to Resolve range, she can heal back up. One of Daunt of Miracle help too.

Sheesh... I don't see what part of combining a skill with a low HP requirement and a healing skill can be called good synergy. Especially when the latter is hardly reliable to begin with.

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Sheesh... I don't see what part of combining a skill with a low HP requirement and a healing skill can be called good synergy. Especially when the latter is hardly reliable to begin with.

She just has to take one hit and she will be fine.

By giving her paragon in part 4 it's absolute no problem to realize it.

Also this skill combo gives her more safety:

Either she dodges because of resolve, or she heals herself which makes it possible for her to take another hit.

6 hours ago, Eleanor Hume said:

She just has to take one hit and she will be fine.

By giving her paragon in part 4 it's absolute no problem to realize it.

Also this skill combo gives her more safety:

Either she dodges because of resolve, or she heals herself which makes it possible for her to take another hit.

You seem to ignore that Flare has a whopping skill/2 activation rate - not nearly reliable enough to count on, and woe betide the Sanaki that heals herself enough that she's out of Resolve range, yet not enough to take another hit...

16 minutes ago, Eleanor Hume said:

The activation rate is skill x 0.75 with the activation of resolve.

So what? That doesn't magically make Flare reliable, especially if Sanaki's biorhythm happens to be low.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

It's actually fairly reliable for 4-3.

Once Sanaki is in Resolve range, she's doubling everything. Getting her into said range is the hardest part, but it's still not hard.

In Resolve range, the following options exist:

- 36% Vantage, where the enemy is taking massive damage

- 18% Flare, where the enemy is dead and Sanaki is out of Resolve range

In the event that the enemy survives, or Vantage doesn't activate, you have 106 avoid. Enemy hit in 4-3 is generally around 150, meaning they have a 46% (~43% true).

But what happens when Sanaki is out of Resolve range?

...put her back in it. It's not hard, and it actually synergizes well because the result is that she never dies (which is ironic given how low her defensive stats are). For this reason, I'd actually suggest giving her the Nosferatu tome from the base conversation. 

My preferred method for doing 4-3 is this Resolve strategy on both Sanaki and Micaiah, with Haar and Sigrun to clean up the scraps. This lets me send more fliers to Tibarn's team, where they're more appreciated given how much terrain they deal with.

1 hour ago, Ema Skye said:

It's actually fairly reliable for 4-3.

Once Sanaki is in Resolve range, she's doubling everything. Getting her into said range is the hardest part, but it's still not hard.

In Resolve range, the following options exist:

- 36% Vantage, where the enemy is taking massive damage

- 18% Flare, where the enemy is dead and Sanaki is out of Resolve range

In the event that the enemy survives, or Vantage doesn't activate, you have 106 avoid. Enemy hit in 4-3 is generally around 150, meaning they have a 46% (~43% true).

But what happens when Sanaki is out of Resolve range?

...put her back in it. It's not hard, and it actually synergizes well because the result is that she never dies (which is ironic given how low her defensive stats are). For this reason, I'd actually suggest giving her the Nosferatu tome from the base conversation. 

My preferred method for doing 4-3 is this Resolve strategy on both Sanaki and Micaiah, with Haar and Sigrun to clean up the scraps. This lets me send more fliers to Tibarn's team, where they're more appreciated given how much terrain they deal with.

...No. It ain't reliable by my standards. I don't see 36% Vantage or 18% Flare as anywhere near reliable enough to count on, especially if Sanaki happens to be in low biorhythm, which lowers Flare's activation rate to a point too low to even bother relying on. And when it means a game over if it hits, 43% is much too high to rely on evading. Oh, and Nosferatu requires an S in light to use.

Keep in mind this is for a low tier unit.

Regarding biorhythm, what if Sanaki happens to be in high biorythym?

Nosferatu's rank is honestly not a problem with how much this game hands you Arms Scrolls.

I did vantage x resolve on Ilyana a long time ago and it absolutely worked well for me. The only scary enemies were swordmasters because they could oneshot her with a crit.

As for Sanaki her luck is so high that only killing weapons can oneshot her. Swordmasters with standard weapons normally don't have a critrate against her. If you're afraid about evasion a / o biorhythm than give her an earth support.

I have to admit 6.5 % possibilty that vantage and flare activates at the same time on a base Sanaki is very low, and the highest rate for a maxed skill and speed Sanaki is 13% (without Nasir), but good biorhythm can change things.

1 hour ago, Ema Skye said:

Keep in mind this is for a low tier unit.

Regarding biorhythm, what if Sanaki happens to be in high biorythym?

Nosferatu's rank is honestly not a problem with how much this game hands you Arms Scrolls.

That this is a low tier unit is immaterial. 

Far as I'm concerned, it would change... Absolutely nothing. 

Arms Scrolls? You mean those things that generally do more good being sold?

Duh... it's not like that you're low on money in part 4 since the money of all three groups is merged. Before the endgame you literally don't know what to do with money after selling waste vulneraries, weapons in skills of everyone.

Idk why you want to sell arms scrolls. If you want to make Micaiah use rexaura and matrona stave, you'll have to use multiple scrolls most likely. And you can get some of them for free.

34 minutes ago, Eleanor Hume said:

Duh... it's not like that you're low on money in part 4 since the money of all three groups is merged. Before the endgame you literally don't know what to do with money after selling waste vulneraries, weapons in skills of everyone.

Idk why you want to sell arms scrolls. If you want to make Micaiah use rexaura and matrona stave, you'll have to use multiple scrolls most likely. And you can get some of them for free.

Because, as a matter of fact, they're just not very useful - almost no units run into WExp problems in this game, and the few that do can just use Discipline.

There are still units who need them like

• Sothe to make him use baselard in E-1 and E-3.
  • Aran to make him use Tauroneo's silver lance fast.
  • Micaiah to reach SS in staves and light. It's very hard to max out both weapon types till the endgame.

Also why do you still want to sell them despite you have more than enough money at the end?

30 minutes ago, Eleanor Hume said:

There are still units who need them like

• Sothe to make him use baselard in E-1 and E-3.
  • Aran to make him use Tauroneo's silver lance fast.
  • Micaiah to reach SS in staves and light. It's very hard to max out both weapon types till the endgame.

Also why do you still want to sell them despite you have more than enough money at the end?

Once again, I'd care if they were actually useful, but as is, you're just grasping at straws. I find it hard to see Arms Scrolls as worth using when most people start with high weapon ranks and/or only use one weapon type. That's why I sell them.

If you don't need an arms scroll, so much better for you.

Then I don't really understand, why you're complaining that others - who have obviously an other playstyle than you - need them.

Also you can't upgrade a weapon rank just by attacking five times, even with discipline. In Sanaki's case it would take too long till she can use nosferatu. You want to make use of this combination (nosferatu, resolve and flare) at once, and not when almost all the enemies are defeated.