Want for an E-Shop Release

Personally, like a lot of people, I got into Fire Emblem with Awakening. However, my interest in that game led me to discover the rest of the series, thanks to the E-Shop releases of Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones. Now, I've also played Heroes of Light and Shadow, Binding Blade, and Genealogy of the Holy War. I really want to play the Tellius games, but have yet to get the chance due to their extreme prices online, and I am uncomfortable with emulating games that have been officially released in English. The Wii U has a Wii section on the virtual console, and due to the recent E-Shop release of Shadow Dragon for the DS section, I feel that their would be little problem with making Radiant Dawn available. Does anyone think Nintendo may do this in the future, or are people who weren't into the Fire Emblem in 2008 doomed to never legitimately play it?

Don't worry, both Tellius games could definitely at least come to the Switch! There's a rumor that GC games will be on its VC and I don't see why Wii games can't be either. It's just a matter of whether the rumor is true or not.

It's hard to say. They might get virtual console releasing, but since RD is a Wii game, that might still be years away.

I won't say I endorse piracy, but I don't blame those who do it, since it's almost impossible to find these games at a decent price nowadays. And if it makes you feel any better, the hundred plus dollars you'd pay for a legit copy is only going to a ebay shark and not IS or Nintendo. They've long since stopped printing the game.

Edited by Rezzy

It's hard to say. They might get virtual console releasing, but since RD is a Wii game, that might still be years away.

I won't say I endorse piracy, but I don't blame those who do it, since it's almost impossible to find these games at a decent price nowadays. And if it makes you feel any better, the hundred plus dollars you'd pay for a legit copy is only going to a ebay shark and not IS or Nintendo. They've long since stopped printing the game.

There's digital Wii games on Wii U.

Don't worry, both Tellius games could definitely at least come to the Switch! There's a rumor that GC games will be on its VC and I don't see why Wii games can't be either. It's just a matter of whether the rumor is true or not.

Remember that rumor AND in fact the time Nintendo outright said gamecube games will be on the Wii U virtual console and that didn't happen? Honestly, if you were going to get the games, I'd recommend borrowing them from a friend like I do. But while I do not condone piracy, I'm not going to turn you in for costing some people on Amazon or eBay a sale.

Remember that rumor AND in fact the time Nintendo outright said gamecube games will be on the Wii U virtual console and that didn't happen?

Where did they ever say that? I don't recall it. Can you give a source? And besides, that doesn't automatically mean GC games won't be on the Switch VC.

Where did they ever say that? I don't recall it. Can you give a source? And besides, that doesn't automatically mean GC games won't be on the Switch VC.

E3 when they announced the Wii U, either in 2011 or 2012. I can't remember which, but I remember they clearly mentioning the virtual console and gamecube games. I could be wrong, but I remember talking to my best friend that I couldn't wait to get Sonic Adventure 2 on the Virtual Console.

Edited by Xelon

E3 when they announced the Wii U, either in 2011 or 2012. I can't remember which, but I remember they clearly mentioning the virtual console and gamecube games. I could be wrong, but I remember talking to my best friend that I couldn't wait to get Sonic Adventure 2 on the Virtual Console.

The actual quote was from Reggie, and when asked if we will be getting GC games on Wii U , he responded: "That is a great question. And personally I would love for that to happen, but we have nothing to announce right now."

Take that as you will.

If they ported the Tellius games to the Switch then I would be instantly sold on the console. Having those games on the go would complete my FE thirst for as much as I love those two games, I do prefer my FE on the go, and with Xenoblade Chronicles being ported to the Wii U they've proven they have the power to port these kind of games to their newer consoles. Hopefully their performance at the time shouldn't affect their chances of getting ported, especially considering they did Shadow Dragon recently which didn't do too well in sales in comparison to the previous western released games. Overall it would be nice to give these games more love since getting them these days costs and arm and a leg, hell I had to chuck $150 Dollaridoos just to get mine in the PAL region.