Dragon Ball: Reborn as Yamcha ch 2 (Japanese only rn)

Jedi

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how Goku handled Bergamo. Of course he would feel nothing but enthusiasm over the prospect of "limitless power". This fight may not have been that spectacular but I think I enjoyed it even more then the previous two.

Edited by BrightBow

I find it interesting how Goku is almost enjoying the fact that he's being seen as a villain right now, but the other Universe gods seem to forget Zeno was going to erase a lot of their universes anyways.

When Toppo comes in and says that evil stands no chance, Goku is all like "So I'm evil huh? Interesting!"

The Goku and Sonic parallels continue because Sonic has said once before  "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while." 

Edited by Jedi

"Almost"? He's definitely enjoying himself in these Goku Games.

15 hours ago, Jedi said:

but the other Universe gods seem to forget Zeno was going to erase a lot of their universes anyways.

That was supposedly his intention, but he also changes his mind pretty often. It was Goku's insistence (and perhaps the Grand Priest?) who set it in stone.

Not to mention the fact Zen'o agreed to Bergamo's proposal of sparing all the universes.

15 hours ago, TheEnd said:

"Almost"? He's definitely enjoying himself in these Goku Games.

That was supposedly his intention, but he also changes his mind pretty often. It was Goku's insistence (and perhaps the Grand Priest?) who set it in stone.

Not to mention the fact Zen'o agreed to Bergamo's proposal of sparing all the universes.

True! He's kind of open to suggestion, and for being as powerful as he is... Not good haha.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm willing to bet Krillin, 17 and 18 will make a trio of destruction in the tourney. 

I'm just so glad to see they are making Krillin look experienced and wise, like he's always had good tactical knowhow and ki control, glad to see they are taking advantage of it again.

This recent episode has made me really hopeful we'll see stuff like this again 

Edited by Jedi

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TheEnd said:

"This boy is the reincarnation... of evil Majin Buu."

GT confirmed canon

Remember that the end of Z showed Uub, so I doubt GT will ever be canon :P:

I wouldn't mind if they used some of its concepts like the Shadow Dragons though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2017 at 0:22 PM, Jedi said:

Remember that the end of Z showed Uub, so I doubt GT will ever be canon :P:

I wouldn't mind if they used some of its concepts like the Shadow Dragons though.

There've already been like, a billion things in Super that pretty much confirm that GT cannot be canon.

Like, just the notion that God Ki is a thing and that Goku and Vegeta have it is enough. Even if they somehow lose it by the end of Super(I doubt it), just the fact that they never mention it in GT retroactively de-canonizes it. And GT's canonicity was always in question. Plus, the existence of Beerus and Whis, and other small details like the fact that the Supreme Kai and Kibito are still fused in GT, and now that Gohan has regained Mystic, his lack of it in GT comes back into question.

There's a bunch of this kind of stuff all over Super that makes GT impossible unless somehow they undo everything that happens in Super by the end, which would be the biggest middle finger to the people who stuck through the awful parts of Super.

As for including parts of GT in Super? It's possible. They're bringing Broly into Super in their own way. So while they're not acknowledging Broly as canon or anything, they're bringing in an analogous character that's clearly an homage to him.

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

There've already been like, a billion things in Super that pretty much confirm that GT cannot be canon.

Like, just the notion that God Ki is a thing and that Goku and Vegeta have it is enough. Even if they somehow lose it by the end of Super(I doubt it), just the fact that they never mention it in GT retroactively de-canonizes it. And GT's canonicity was always in question. Plus, the existence of Beerus and Whis, and other small details like the fact that the Supreme Kai and Kibito are still fused in GT, and now that Gohan has regained Mystic, his lack of it in GT comes back into question.

There's a bunch of this kind of stuff all over Super that makes GT impossible unless somehow they undo everything that happens in Super by the end, which would be the biggest middle finger to the people who stuck through the awful parts of Super.

As for including parts of GT in Super? It's possible. They're bringing Broly into Super in their own way. So while they're not acknowledging Broly as canon or anything, they're bringing in an analogous character that's clearly an homage to him.

Yeah i'm well aware that GT cannot be canon with alot of stuff. 

It hasn't stopped alot of GT fans randomly cropping up in the past months of Super to yell that GT was better and should be canon though, I didn't realize it had such a dedicated fanbase, they've been quiet up until recently.

Just now, Jedi said:

Yeah i'm well aware that GT cannot be canon with alot of stuff. 

It hasn't stopped alot of GT fans randomly cropping up in the past months of Super to yell that GT was better and should be canon though, I didn't realize it had such a dedicated fanbase, they've been quiet up until recently.

Hey man. The Star Wars prequels didn't seem to have a rabid fanbase until after TFA came out. It's just how it is.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I still don't think I see anyone defening Episode 1 & 2, its mostly 3 (which is fair because 3 by all means is fairly decent).

Look at the Ring theory that claims that George Lucas is some kind of cinematic genius that planned for the prequels to be bad for the sake of high-level film making, which somehow makes the prequels not bad.

Or go into any thread on any website saying TFA is the worst movie ever(Which isn't uncommon these days), and you'll see people going "The prequels were better" or "George Lucas would have done a better job."

7 minutes ago, Slumber said:

"George Lucas would have done a better job."

I'm sorry to all you Legends fans, but I much prefer the First Order to any of the Legends villains post episode VI. As for GT vs. Super, Toriyama's word is God. He didn't make GT, Toei did that all by itself, and it seems like he really hated it.

Can't wait to see Episode 81 myself.  I was beyond pumped when Gohan got his mystic badass form back its been a long time coming and I'm really hoping he returns to his badass self but knowing Toriyama he'll go back to studying after the tournament (provided they win and are not erased).