Where's the brand!?

Jotari

Example A.

HeStVPG.png

Example B

stH9LrG.png

Those gloves she wears really shouldn't be able to conceal her brand. It covers like three of her knuckles and goes all the way to the outside edge of her hand all of which are exposed. You done messed up IS. Unless Yune decided to be nice and remove her Brand for her during the promotion. Course I'm still wondering about where the bloody thing even comes from if the gods aren't involved.

Edited by Jotari

Yeah, IS did appear to overlook that. lol

Seems it's better if you're like Zelgius or Petrine and have your Brand covered 100% of the time by something. :P (Zelgius's is on his back and Petrine...we don't know, but it sure never shows up on any skin she has exposed...which isn't really much).

Yeah, IS did appear to overlook that. lol

Seems it's better if you're like Zelgius or Petrine and have your Brand covered 100% of the time by something. :P (Zelgius's is on his back and Petrine...we don't know, but it sure never shows up on any skin she has exposed...which isn't really much).

It's visible, because it's on her right breast. Her official artwork even shows it.

It's visible, because it's on her right breast. Her official artwork even shows it.

You must be seeing something else, because you know Branded have to conceal their Brands due to how beorc and laguz treat them if they knew, right?

Soren couldn't conceal his because it's on his forehead and he had nothing to cover it, and he almost died of starvation.

You must be seeing something else, because you know Branded have to conceal their Brands due to how beorc and laguz treat them if they knew, right?

Soren couldn't conceal his because it's on his forehead and he had nothing to cover it, and he almost died of starvation.

It's visible (green thing on her skin just above the breasts). Granted, you're likely to need to see her at the right angle and distance to notice, but it's not really fully concealed.

That picture is way too small to see anything like that...

Have you clicked on it to zoom it? It's over 800x1100 pixels big in total.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/path-of-radiance/large-art/Petrine.jpg

Guys. This is SERENES FOREST.

Going to the Fire Emblem wiki of all places for high quality art? Pfft, plebs.

The quality is the same, and barely any larger. What are you talking about?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh, there is a green mark on her chest. I'm surprised I never noticed it before. But it may or may not be a Brand. We haven't seen a green one before. Soren's is red because the dragons have red marks as well, and Micaiah and Zelgius both have brown/black marks. That could be because both are descended from birds though. Which means Petrine would be from a different tribe. But her high magic seems to suggest heron like Micaiah. This is my theory anyway. No other character of Petrine's class has a good magic stat and heron blood grants magic.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, there is a green mark on her chest. I'm surprised I never noticed it before. But it may or may not be a Brand. We haven't seen a green one before. Soren's is red because the dragons have red marks as well, and Micaiah and Zelgius both have brown/black marks. That could be because both are descended from birds though. Which means Petrine would be from a different tribe. But her high magic seems to suggest heron like Micaiah. This is my theory anyway. No other character of Petrine's class has a good magic stat and heron blood grants magic.

https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/099petrine.jpg

Her brand is that of a tiger. Gotta burst your theory on that front. ;)

The idea that Petrine's gameplay magic stat is due to her branded blood is, unfortunately, not one backed with evidence. First of all, this is not unique to Petrine. Homasa and Gromell also have higher than normal magic stats for their classes. What do the three have in common? Magic weapons. Homasa has the Sonic Sword, Petrine the Flame Lance, and Gromell the Bolt Axe. Since those weapons rely on the Magic stat, then theirs are raised so they can fight off the player's team.

So unless you want to add Homasa and Gromell to the theory, it doesn't work. Their magic stats is the result of making them viable combatants since the only weapons they carry are the magic ones. Not because of brand blood or something actually tangible in-universe. It's pure gameplay stunt.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

The quality is the same, and barely any larger. What are you talking about?

On mobile, the Wiki image quality defaults to lower, despite the url suggesting otherwise.

It might be Ana's problem.

I was joking anyway.

https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/099petrine.jpg

Her brand is that of a tiger. Gotta burst your theory on that front. ;)

Wow, you don't need to sound so fucking proud of that. Anyway, I've come to learn that just because the books say it doesn't actually make it true. For example, the RD one says Edward doesn't know any of his family, but in the actual game, he mentions a brother. Sorry to burst your bubble on that front.

Petrine's stats don't line up with being tiger Branded anyway. Laguz Brands grant strength, not magic. It's likely that she was going to be tiger until she got the Flame Lance and high magic, leading to her becoming heron Branded instead. IS overlooks things quite a bit lately too, what with things like some of the possible incest in Awakening and a big contradiction in Lucina and Morgan's sibling support in the same game.

Edited by Anacybele

Bertram has higher magic than Petrine, and we have no reason to speculate that he is a heron branded. The simple truth is that in a battle between lore and gameplay, gameplay is going to win out. By all rights Soren should be incredibly strong being the son of Ashnard and a black dragon, but his strength growth is similar to other mage types.

Hardin has a point and I doubt a Heron Branded would be rather strong to begin with. Petrine's strength is still higher than her Magic if you take a look at her stats. Also that image is from her official profile from the PoR artbook released now in 2016. I doubt it'd be incongruous by this point.

Edited by Raguna

Wow, you don't need to sound so fucking proud of that.

I think you're being a bit oversensitive.

There was nothing that warranted your response of "fucking proud". There is nothing for you to be offended about. There is no need to see it as a personal attack.

Especially considering using evidence to back up a point or challenge another's point is... normal on a forum?

Hardin has a point and I doubt a Heron Branded would be rather strong to begin with. Petrine's strength is still higher than her Magic if you take a look at her stats. Also that image is from her official profile from the PoR artbook released now in 2016. I doubt it'd be incongruous by this point.

There were normal herons in that same artbook. And none of them look even anywhere close to as being physically capable as Reyson. And he's regarded as being pretty tough thanks to Tibarn.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Bertram has higher magic than Petrine, and we have no reason to speculate that he is a heron branded. The simple truth is that in a battle between lore and gameplay, gameplay is going to win out. By all rights Soren should be incredibly strong being the son of Ashnard and a black dragon, but his strength growth is similar to other mage types.

Oh, can't believe I forgot about Bertram.

Well, my previous point still stands. All those with high Magic in physical classes are simply gameplay mechanics at work due to carrying magical weapons.

Homasa (Sonic Sword)

Petrine (Flame Lance)

Gromell (Bolt Axe)

Bertram (Runesword)

Anyone else I'm forgetting?

If you ask me, that's already too high an amount to say they're all Heron branded. And that's not even considering Herons lived in seclusion in a single forest. The chances of Heron branded existing beyond the Begnion Apostle's lineage are already slim to begin with.

As an aside, I agree on the Soren thing. Since gameplay-wise Black Dragons do attack with their Str stat, not Mag. If anything, it's the White Dragons that are Mag aligned among the Dragon tribes.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

He could have worn a bandana :/ Or even just grew bangs.

There's no evidence saying that Bertram is even Branded at all. But we know Petrine is Branded and has high magic. And Micaiah is Branded and has high magic. You see where I'm going with this?

Also, I gather that Bertram has higher magic when you meet him because he's at a higher level...

Edited by Anacybele

There's no evidence saying that Bertram is even Branded at all. But we know Petrine is Branded and has high magic. And Micaiah is Branded and has high magic. You see where I'm going with this?

Also, I gather that Bertram has higher magic when you meet him because he's at a higher level...

That's sort of his point. You can have a high magic stat without being in any way related to the branded.

That's sort of his point. You can have a high magic stat without being in any way related to the branded.

Duh, I'm saying he was missing my point completely. This isn't about whether magic means you're Branded or not. This is about someone we already KNOW is a Branded having magic, which seems to imply Heron blood because of Micaiah. Petrine definitely IS Branded. Nobody's saying her magic makes her Branded, her heritage makes her Branded. I'm saying that her Brand + her high magic hints that she's likely heron Branded. This has NOTHING to do with magic meaning or not meaning if you're Branded.

Edited by Anacybele

Duh, I'm saying he was missing my point completely. This isn't about whether magic means you're Branded or not. This is about someone we already KNOW is a Branded having magic, which seems to imply Heron blood because of Micaiah. Petrine definitely IS Branded. Nobody's saying her magic makes her Branded, her heritage makes her Branded. I'm saying that her Brand + her high magic hints that she's likely heron Branded. This has NOTHING to do with magic meaning or not meaning if you're Branded.

But there's nothing to even suggest Heron Branded have High Magic stats. Sure Michaiah has high magic but she's a mage by trade so of course she's going to excell at magic. It's not like the Heron's even have that high magic themselves. Like it's higher than their strength but you're still not likely to be killing many things by using cards to attack. In fact their highest stat is luck which, as it happens is also Micaiah's second highest stat (after resistance) which would suggest luck is a key factor in determining Heron Blood (if indeed there is any correlation between blood and stats, which given Soren's case seems unlikely).

Edited by Jotari