Where's the brand!?

Jotari

Of course you're also ignoring that Petrine has a pathetic magic growth rate of 5%, which is less than lion branded Stefan. There is literally no reason to assume that Petrine is heron branded, especially when IS says that she is a tiger.

Of course you're also ignoring that Petrine has a pathetic magic growth rate of 5%, which is less than lion branded Stefan. There is literally no reason to assume that Petrine is heron branded, especially when IS says that she is a tiger.

Clearly Petrine just managed to hoard all of Daein's Spirit Dust for herself.

But there's nothing to even suggest Heron Branded have High Magic stats. Sure Michaiah has high magic but she's a mage by trade so of course she's going to excell at magic. It's not like the Heron's even have that high magic themselves. Like it's higher than their strength but you're still not likely to be killing many things by using cards to attack. In fact their highest stat is luck which, as it happens is also Micaiah's second highest stat (after resistance) which would suggest luck is a key factor in determining Heron Blood (if indeed there is any correlation between blood and stats, which given Soren's case seems unlikely).

Yes there is. It's not outright stated, but it is implied in RD that heron Brands grant magic (Micaiah's high magic and such), bird Brands grant speed (which explains how Zelgius can move so fast in his armor), and dragons grant intelligence (Soren's gift of tactics). And I think it's also said somewhere that Micaiah's Brand is the reason for her gift in magic. This would leave beast Brands to possibly grant strength since they value that so much. There's no real evidence or proof here other than that though.

Edited by Anacybele

Yes there is. It's not outright stated, but it is implied in RD that heron Brands grant magic (Micaiah's high magic and such), bird Brands grant speed (which explains how Zelgius can move so fast in his armor), and dragons grant intelligence (Soren's gift of tactics). And I think it's also said somewhere that Micaiah's Brand is the reason for her gift in magic. This would leave beast Brands to possibly grant strength since they value that so much. There's no real evidence or proof here other than that though.

Micaiah's Heron Brand grants her magical abilities but it's in no way linked to her magic stat. If it was intended to be then Sacrifice would have worked off her magic stat instead of healing at a flat rate. Furthermore, there's nothing (that I can recall) that specifically targets the different tribes as granting different aptitudes to branded descendants. Notably Zelgius also has a higher than average magic stat too and Stefan's magic growth rate is higher than Edward and Zihark combined. The implication seems to be that Branded are just generally better. Unless you have a quote I've forgotten to backup your reasoning.

Edited by Jotari

Duh, I'm saying he was missing my point completely. This isn't about whether magic means you're Branded or not. This is about someone we already KNOW is a Branded having magic, which seems to imply Heron blood because of Micaiah. Petrine definitely IS Branded. Nobody's saying her magic makes her Branded, her heritage makes her Branded. I'm saying that her Brand + her high magic hints that she's likely heron Branded. This has NOTHING to do with magic meaning or not meaning if you're Branded.

All your arguments have been on a basis of: "IS has made mistakes in the past, and because the facts don't fit well with my headcanon, i'm going to assume they are conveniently wrong about the character IS created themselves, but I still clearly know more about, and know the backstory of, just so it fits my needs"

So far all your arguments have been supported only by assumptions and theorycrafting that other people have already pointed out, is flawed, since there are multiple instances of physical units with high magic, and Petrine's growth rate for magic is a measly 5%. Meanwhile, we have laid down facts, and your only response has been "it must be false because IS has messed up in the past as well!"

I can even theorycraft myself to have it fit my own needs, take a look:

"Petrine uses the flame lance because she hates beast laguz most of all, because she is a tiger branded, she wants to eliminate all laguz, because of the horrible treatment they gave her. Because she excelled in fighting, she quickly climbed the ranks under ashnards rule. To further her laguz elimination ambitions, she started specializing in the flame lance, because it deals bonus damage to beast laguz, the laguz she hates most out of all laguz, because it was a tiger laguz that cursed her with this brand, by being her ancestor.

Edited by Vicious Sal

All your arguments have been on a basis of: "IS has made mistakes in the past, and because the facts don't fit well with my headcanon, i'm going to assume they are conveniently wrong about the character IS created themselves, but I still clearly know more about, and know the backstory of, just so it fits my needs"

looool are you wrong. I'm done with this conversation though, because it's obviously going nowhere. I'm not in a good mood right now anyway due to unrelated incidents.

looool are you wrong. I'm done with this conversation though, because it's obviously going nowhere. I'm not in a good mood right now anyway due to unrelated incidents.

This is about as childish as one can be on a forum.

Quote them. Proof, Ana.

Where is your proof?

When you imply "IS has made mistakes before and are likely doing it again", you have to prove it with something that is logical. Not something that makes sense only for you.

When you say "you're wrong", you must prove it.

You clearly have double standards for said proof as well as pointed out by Sal. The burden of proving them wrong is on you. As you say "you're wrong" while leaving it at that pretty much means you concede.

If you don't take anything from that, at least read this:

1) Most of your clashes on the forum are caused by you being offended too easily.

2) You don't know how to not be invested in a discussion when someone challenges your view.

Edited by shadowofchaos

This is about as childish as one can be on a forum.

Not really. I said I was done with the conversation and I'm not conceding anything. Wanting to stop talking about it and move on does NOT mean I'm admitting defeat to anyone. How about you stop trying to continue it?

Edited by Anacybele

Not really. I said I was done with the conversation and I'm not conceding anything. Wanting to stop talking about it and move on does NOT mean I'm admitting defeat to anyone. How about you stop trying to continue it?

"looool you're wrong" is a statement said in a tone and style you would expect from a newly registered teenager.

Also, ending it right after saying that is pretty much admitting that you never intended to defend your point with evidence while still attempting to have the last word.

It does not exhibit any sense of maturity or willing to listen to the other side.

i.e. childish.

The only thing I'm doing is pretty much showing you that the cause of all your grief in forum arguments... is yourself.

You literally started this from being oversensitive to Sal's statements. You have no interest in discussions. You only have an interest in being right.

Moving on.

Addressing the OP... perhaps not as bad as you think. I'm willing to rotate it in GIMP or provide a reference... but from what I see, the cloth just goes along the furthest line of her brand.

Or at least that is what their lone of thinking might be... I'll show it when I have a computer.

Though any movement would pretty much expose part of it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Micaiah's brand touches her knuckles. I chalk it up to inconsistency on the part of the artists, since the brand painted onto her exposed hand seems like they hastily imposed it on.

Also I don't know what reason there is to question the PoR book on Petrine's heritage. Yes, it makes mistakes, but we know the brands somewhat resemble the tribe they represent. Soren's brand resembles a dragon, Micaiah and Zelgius have brands that resemble birds (iirc Zelgius is raven branded). We don't get a clear look at Petrine's brand but it's safe to assume it doesn't resemble any of the existing brands, and that dragon, lion and heron laguz Branded are exceedingly rare. Micaiah's brand is the result of Altina and Lehran, two of the greatest figures in all of Tellius's history. Stefan's name is Soanvolke, because he is the descendant of the hero Soan. Soren is the only dragon branded as Almehda is the only dragon to have ever left Goldoa since the country's formation. Meanwhile cat and tiger laguz are the most common laguz, so it would be incredibly weird if none of the characters in the game were the result of a much more common potential combination. Herons only lived in a small segment of Begnion, but beast tribe laguz has propagated nearly everywhere, considering how many are fought even in Daein. We also know Brands have an impact on age, which make Soren and Micaiah look relatively childlike and Zelgius had to leave the Begnion army and carve a new identity for himself before coming back to serve Lehran, whereas we know Petrine only became a general when Ashnard rose to power and has seemingly not had to do anything to conceal her age or lowborn status.

Edit: On Almedha leaving Goldoa, I did forget all the dragons who came after her after she left. So I guess there could be more, but for the most part other than Ena, Nasir and Rajaion the rest were likely under Deghinsea's leave and befell some misfortune later on.

Edited by Samias

Micaiah's brand touches her knuckles. I chalk it up to inconsistency on the part of the artists, since the brand painted onto her exposed hand seems like they hastily imposed it on.

I was looking at the knuckles as well as a point of reference on the right side. I guess on the surface it would be good enough for me to cover it up.

And then I took your statement and looked at the left set of knuckles. And lo and behold, I see it.

Yeah that looks like it was a layer that was put on as an afterthought.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I was looking at the knuckles as well as a point of reference on the right side. I guess on the surface it would be good enough for me to cover it up.

And then I took your statement and looked at the left set of knuckles. And lo and behold, I see it.

Yeah that looks like it was a layer that was put on as an afterthought.

Yeah, Micaiah's second knuckle is exposed in her brand reveal but shows nothing on the one where she has the hand covering. I don't think much thought was put into it. Either that, or like the OP said Yune somehow removed it while she possessed Micaiah's body. The result of the "final" ending of RD is to put an end to the mistreatment of Branded by laguz and beorc alike.

I can't really substantially add anything else that SoC hasn't said already regarding your attitude and way of handling discussions.

Do know however, that the way you are handling discussions, not just this one (i've seen you use your excuses of something unrelated(whether it actually happened or not) occupying your attention more than once), but multiple threads, are disrespectful and childish. This is a forum, a place for open talk, and discussion, if you have something to add, that's fine, but if someone challenges your perspective, and you engage in a discussion, you are kind of obliged to partake in the discussion, even if at first, it doesn't go your way. That's what arguments and evidence are for, if you can show us why your point is right, we have reason to change our opinions on the matter, and vice versa. If you just say "you're wrong, and i am done talking", you are just forfeiting the discussion in a disrespectful manner. Even if you have unrelated issues that take up a lot of your time, it seems you still had time to post that you were done talking, so apparently this thread was still, to some degree, occupying your mind.

I don't really have anything else to add to this actual topic, since it's rather evident the knuckles should display her brand in the second art panel.