Was Red an unpopular color?

solrocknroll

Red hasn't been seen since S4, and yet there are a ton of characters that still need to be seen.

Meanwhile, S5 was about Purple/Green and came after S4, and yet it S9 will focus on Purple/Green again.

Red was only in S1/S4 and S4 was more about the TMS characters than anything else. I'm highly surprised that there hasn't been a set that was headed by Katarina for New Mystery.

Red hasn't been seen since S4, and yet there are a ton of characters that still need to be seen.

Meanwhile, S5 was about Purple/Green and came after S4, and yet it S9 will focus on Purple/Green again.

Red was only in S1/S4 and S4 was more about the TMS characters than anything else. I'm highly surprised that there hasn't been a set that was headed by Katarina for New Mystery.

Probably they want to use first the big deals before focusing in more minor characters... I guess... xDU

Red is actually quite popular. I think the reason it's been MIA for a while is because it doesn't really have other lords to switch in like the other colours do. With green you can give Ike a break and let Micaiah take the reigns, likewise with purple and Roy/Eliwood/Al. For red though, you only have Marth.

Red is actually quite popular. I think the reason it's been MIA for a while is because it doesn't really have other lords to switch in like the other colours do. With green you can give Ike a break and let Micaiah take the reigns, likewise with purple and Roy/Eliwood/Al. For red though, you only have Marth.

That right, unless the Gaiden Characters are also Red (or they decided to give to Kris/Katarina the Lord Status the next time) Marth is the only viable option for a Lord... I don't know what people think... but having 3 times the same lord before we get every Lord represented would be... lame.

Edited by Troykv

HOL ON A FUCK BOI

Let's analyze what Blade of Light gets:

3-costs with good 1-bond effects when you deploiy a low-cost card

An archer

Marth

A card capable of searching your deck, and is also a flier

A manakete

Crits

You wanna give more support to the faction that happens to have one of the most busted cards in the game?

HOL ON A FUCK BOI

Let's analyze what Blade of Light gets:

3-costs with good 1-bond effects when you deploiy a low-cost card

An archer

Marth

A card capable of searching your deck, and is also a flier

A manakete

Crits

You wanna give more support to the faction that happens to have one of the most busted cards in the game?

To be fair, white/black got more support, and its currently the most broken colour combination due to female corrin.

Red just doesnt have support right now because its initial card pool was broken, and their first support set gave some good cards, but not that many great ones (only have new MCs like sirius, and marth4SR is literally the only thing keeping red alive, because its that good). Red easily gets buffed by support sets due to its ease of using other 1 costs to help marth. Purple has greatly exemplified this, since those sets gave marth much more utility and 1 costs to work with to keep him competitive. Red will get another set in the near future (probably 9/10), it just didnt need it as much as other colours like green/purple, who had immediate card pool problems. (green lacked early power or stalling power, purple lacked viable MCs, and kinda still does but compensates for that by having hilariously amazing cards in their pool)