Top Ten Favorite Pokemon (Post-Sun/Moon)

Sunwoo

Not much discussion going on here, but I'm interested in seeing if I can cut down my favorites to a top 10 list. I'd never be able to do so in a specific order, but hey.

1. Dragonair - out of the way, Beauty, here's the real beau-T of Pokémon. The fact that it evolves into Dragonite has always bothered me.

2. Xatu - this thing seriously needs some kind of power boost, but I love the design, and at least its ability is hard core. There's just something special about this thing, and finding it in the middle of nowhere in Silver always made me feel like I had stumbled upon some kind of secret, even if it sucked pretty bad in that generation.

3. Escavalier - silly but awesome design and packs such a punch that always seems to catch the less experienced players off guard. Awesome typing, too. Going to trade my Ash-Greninja for an almost perfect one once Pokébank for Generation VII is released with a friend; I want one so badly.

4. Eelektross - Cool design, has my favorite kind of ability (the ones that give some kind of immunity), no weaknesses, great movepool and can be both special and physical. Put an Assault Vest on one of them and you'll always catch people off guard with its bulk.

5. Nihilego - scary as hell design and a fun type combination. If it were Electric/Poison instead, it would've been close to perfect.

6. Type: Null/Silvally - I love both of them. The designs, backstory, abilities and even stat distribution, save for the difficulty in choosing how to specialize the bugger.

7. Arcanine - what's not to love? It's a giant fire dog with great stats and abilities!

8. Golisopod - curse its ability! I love everything else about it, but why does it have to have a hindering ability? I know, I know, First Impression, but one Protect and it's rendered useless!

Wops, this took longer than I thought it would and I need to get to work.

1. Type Null/Silvally. This is a new Pokemon and I had to debate on if I liked it more then my previous number one. I think I do. It's just perfect. I love griffins, I have since I was a kid. I may not gush about them as much as dragons or dogs, but seeing one in a Pokemon game made it. It's story, the character its attached to, its abilities, its design - I can't think of a single thing I don't like. I actually kind of dote on this thing in game. I think it's adorable, I love it to death.

Oh man, I somehow completely forgot about my precious chimera dog buddy. Null and Silvally can share the number 3 spot with Mimikyu on my list.

1. Vikavolt. The GOAT Pokémon design. A flying stag beetle juiced up with electricity? I can't see this being topped.

2. Torkoal. I couldn't tell you why I like this Pokémon so much, outside of it being a tortoise. But I just do. Has been my favourite for many, many years. Thought it was never going to be topped.

3. Garchomp. Absolute monster of a design, and I can't believe its Mega Evolution looks so bad in comparison.

4. Jolteon. The original favourite.

5. Buzzwole. This bug thing be flexin', and it's a damn sight to see. So much personality in this... well, I can't really say "'mon", can I?

6. Flabébé. The destroyer of worlds. I'm not normally into cutsey designs, but Flabébé (and Floette) just click with me. It's damn marvellous.

7. Lycanroc (Midday).I want to hug its mane so bad. It's just so damn cool.

8. Lugia. I don't really know why I like Lugia so much. Design just clicks with me, I guess.

9. Blastoise. Again, it's a tortoise, but with shoulder-mounted cannons. I shouldn't have to say much more.

10. Dusknoir. Oh hey, it's the 'mon I got half of my name from! I remember using Dusknoir during my Diamond run and having a right old blast with him. He was my best 'mon for a while, and I think that's where my like for him comes from.

1. Tsareena (Hell yeah monarchy Pokemon! I'm having a blast trop kicking Poke-Jacobins with mine.)

2. Rockruff (I love dogs)

3. Tyrantrum (It took 6 generations, but Nintendo finally got around to giving Tyrannosaurus the fossil treatment, and it kicks ass.)

4. Blastoise. Panzer Pokemon, bitches!

5. Crobat. Really underrated, and really good in both the story and competitive.

6. Dragonite. Seriously needs more love. I envision it as a giant amphibian, personally.

7. Gengar. Looks awesome, plays awesome, is awesome.

8. Nidoking was crushing the scourge of Republicanism in the world of Pokemon before Tsareena's awesomeness was around, so deserves number 8.

9. Staraptor. It's based on my favorite wild animals, birds of prey; what's not to like?\

10. Bisharp. It looks like it has a Pickelhaube.

1. Espeon - my 1st starter (Colosseum)

2. Ninetales - i love it

3. Umbreon - my other 1st starter lol

4. Lugia - ok so pokemon 2000 is a great movie and lugia's song is my shit. also pokemon xd shadow lugia is my shit

5. Gardevoir - i always use one on emerald runs and i just love it

6. Grovyle - bc PMD Explorers

7. Ampharos

8. Alolan Marowak

9. Slaking - it's #relatable

10. Milotic

• 5 weeks later...

10. Chandelure - I really like how its design incorporates the chandeliers commonly associated with haunted mansions. It has a pretty cool yet eerie cry, not to mention it makes a pretty awesome special sweeper. I wish Shadow Tag Chandelure was back then though: dear lord would this Pokemon have been devastating if it was released that way.

9. Primarina - I was among those fans that liked Popplio when it was first revealed, but when I saw Primarina in action in its reveal trailer, I knew I had to pick Popplio as my starter for my first play through of Sun/Moon. It has a really gorgeous design, nailing the perfect mix of a mermaid and a seal. I got a female Popplio and appropriately named it Azura, and this Pokemon did wonders during my adventure. Very rarely did it ever faint, and it made a pretty cool special tank with pretty good diversity. This Pokemon was basically ready for anything in the story: all of the Kahunas, most of Team Skull, all of the Elite Four, a good number of Island Trials, you name it. 

8. Lycanroc (Midday Form) - I was pretty happy that we finally got a proper wolf Pokemon, and I loved this creature the moment I saw it. It looked sophisticated and calm. The white coloring, canine appearance, thick mane, and bushy tail reminded me of Kaden, one of my favorite characters from Fire Emblem Fates.  I knew I just had to add this Pokemon to my Sun team and name it after him. I did just that, except I caught a female and named it Selkie. Selkie ended up being one of the best Pokemon on my team. With its high Attack and Speed Stats, it took out most Pokemon in its wake. Accelrock was a great move for it too; in fact, it was pretty clutch against those pesky Golbats and Crobats I faced.

7. Meloetta - I wasn't a fan of this Pokemon when I first saw its sprite, but when I saw it's anime appearance, I fell in love with its design. A cute-looking humanoid with an awesome melody theme going for it. It was even an enjoyable character in the anime, probably one of the very few things I liked in the BW anime.

6.  Swampert - Mudkip was my starter in Pokemon Ruby, a.k.a. my first Pokemon, so you can imagine how special this Pokemon was to me. It has a really cool design not to mention it only has one weakness. It never let me down whenever I used it. I also love its Mega Evolution: another cool design where Swampert becomes the true muscle-mon of all Pokemon, and access to Swift Swim is neat too.

5. Shaymin (Sky Forme) - I wasn't a big fan of the Land Forme, but when I first laid eyes on the Sky Forme, I knew I was in for a treat. It has a heroic-look to it, with its neck-petals accentuating that with the cape-like appearance. It's even a pretty good special sweeper with killer Special Attack and Speed. Combine that with access to Air Slash and Serene Grace and you know this is a Pokemon you don't want to mess with.

4. Lurantis - This was my favorite Alola Pokemon the moment it was revealed. It reminded me of my favorite Pokemon (will be discussed later) with its red eyes and emphasis on the arm blades. When I caught a Fomantis, I remember what a struggle it was to train it due to its weak stats, but once it evolved into Lurantis, this Pokemon really shined on my team. Yes, I know this Pokemon will be nowhere good in competitive, but it helped me a lot in the story due its decently high Attack and surprisingly nice bulk. I even gave it a Quick Claw to patch that low speed of Lurantis at times, and it was pretty clutch in knocking out Kukui's Lyranroc before it could set up Stealth Rocks. With a cute & elegant design as well as a good Pokemon on my Sun story team, Lurantis earned its place where it is now.

3. Aegislash - I wasn't a fan of its pre-evolutions when they were revealed. I thought it was going to be a repeat of one of those "add another Pokemon to a previous Pokemon and call it a new one entirely" kind of Pokemon, but boy was I proven wrong when I saw Aegislash. It played on the ghostly sword concept really well, but what really earned its place this is how amazing of a sweeper this is thanks to its ability. Its easy to set up several Swords Dances thanks to its high Defense and Special Defense in its Shield Forme, and then this thing can sweep teams thanks to its Sword Forme.

2. Greninja - I knew I had to pick Froakie as my starter when I saw Greninja from the leaks, and seeing its usefulness as a special sweeper made me really like this Pokemon. In fact, it was once tied with Aegislash for my favorite Kalos Pokemon back then. It was Smash Bros 4 when Greninja became my favorite Kalos Pokemon and my 2nd favorite Pokemon overall. I remember how hyped I was to see Greninja when it was first revealed in its trailer due to the sheer surprise behind it, and it ended up having a really fun moveset that fits my playstyle: fast attacker with strong attacks. To this day, it still remains my Sm4sh main. I'm also one of the few that likes Ash-Greninja's design, and it was a pretty cool character in the anime as well.

1. Gallade - The fact my username is named after this Pokemon's Japanese name should tell you how much this Pokemon means to me. Gallade has been my favorite Pokemon since the early DP days. I absolutely love its design: a badass dual-wielding swordsman with arm blades and a gladiator-like helmet and a heroic pose. Whenever there is a Ralts that is catchable in a region's Pokedex, a Gallade is bound to be on my story team that game. Additionally, its Mega Evolution further boosted my love for this Pokemon: Two awesome capes, even cooler arm blades, and a true knightly design. It also makes a pretty good physical sweeper too thanks to its crucial boost in its speed stat in addition to good boosts in Attack and Defense. No way Gallade will be dethroned as all-time favorite any time soon!