Truck plows through Berlin market, 12 dead

eclipse

I'm a little bummed that he died, because I'd like to know why the attack happened in the first place.

Merkel allowing migrant workers who aren't actual refugees to come into Germany freely.

Jihad in order to absolve one's sins and to enter heaven under Allah's blessings for fighting in his name.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ein, you've actually thrown out plenty of anti-islamic threads and points in the past that were discussed by others, but were met with no response by you. I implore you to respond to those before continuing to throw this out.

If you want a link to what I'm talking about, by all means. Remember this is not a soapbox!

Edited by Lord Raven

450 out of 452 suicide bombings were committed by Muslims

Muslim views on suicide bombing

Einzerfall map detailing the many cases of violent and sexual assaults and other crimes committed by migrants

Making bombs is difficult but they are still used, getting guns can be difficult too but that didn't stop the perpetrators in Paris, getting weapons to attack train goers wouldn't be too difficult, getting a vehicle can also be easy to obtain if you are want to get one somehow like how this attacker attacked and killed the Polish driver.

Remember how the Nice attack also involved a Muslim driving a truck through a crowd of people like in the thread Lord Raven has linked? Now it's happened again in Berlin. Islamic ideology is the problem and it must be open to criticism and discussion which Islamic leaders and ideologues do not want to engage in out of fear of their faith and ideology being undermined. This violence is fueled by a this terrible ideology in which men are expected to fight against non-Muslims in Allah's name and glory and dying for his glory rewards them in the after life. This is just one of the many issues with Islam.

As for what Merkel has done. Europe is fucked beyond repair since if a person or group of people just happen to be brown they are somehow immune to the judicial system. Let's not forget that the majority of the these migrants are not refugees but young adult men. These same young adult men who are committing these crimes and getting away with their crimes which only further fuel their behavior.

I guess I'll say this. I'm not against followers of a religion but the ideologies behind them. These ideologies are not immune from scrutiny and criticism. These attacks being perpetrated by Muslims isn't something to ignore and it is not racist or Islamophobic to see this as a problem. Besides you can't be racist to an ideology because not just Middle Easterners are followers of Islam. Just take the Chinese Wahabists of Salafism or whatever they follow which Saudi Arabia likes to export if I recall correctly.

Einzerfall map detailing the many cases of violent and sexual assaults and other crimes committed by migrants

Making bombs is difficult but they are still used, getting guns can be difficult too but that didn't stop the perpetrators in Paris, getting weapons to attack train goers wouldn't be too difficult, getting a vehicle can also be easy to obtain if you are want to get one somehow like how this attacker attacked and killed the Polish driver.

Remember how the Nice attack also involved a Muslim driving a truck through a crowd of people like in the thread Lord Raven has linked? Now it's happened again in Berlin. Islamic ideology is the problem and it must be open to criticism and discussion which Islamic leaders and ideologues do not want to engage in out of fear of their faith and ideology being undermined. This violence is fueled by a this terrible ideology in which men are expected to fight against non-Muslims in Allah's name and glory and dying for his glory rewards them in the after life. This is just one of the many issues with Islam.

As for what Merkel has done. Europe is fucked beyond repair since if a person or group of people just happen to be brown they are somehow immune to the judicial system. Let's not forget that the majority of the these migrants are not refugees but young adult men. These same young adult men who are committing these crimes and getting away with their crimes which only further fuel their behavior.

I guess I'll say this. I'm not against followers of a religion but the ideologies behind them. These ideologies are not immune from scrutiny and criticism. These attacks being perpetrated by Muslims isn't something to ignore and it is not racist or Islamophobic to see this as a problem. Besides you can't be racist to an ideology because not just Middle Easterners are followers of Islam. Just take the Chinese Wahabists of Salafism or whatever they follow which Saudi Arabia likes to export if I recall correctly.

...Ehem, if you just change the year 2XXX to 1XXX, I would've thought you're talking about Christianity.

The thing is that Christianity and Islam are brothers from the same father.

You just can't stop the little one to look up to his elder brother and try to do what he did.

I don't understand why you aren't responding to my request, but I'm not about to post something new but a flurry of responses that I quote from the same thread.

I have no idea why people dont respond to stuff like the last paragraph ever because it's thrown out a lot in this forum

but we should not pretend that many major religions haven't had many similar issues. the west is fairly christian as a whole (but not ruled by christianity) and we shouldn't pretend it took them until the 20s/30s for women's sovereignty with still many issues with women in the work place

we also shouldn't pretend america didn't just recently allow gay marriage universally. Furthermore: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_violence_against_LGBT_people_in_the_United_States#1969.E2.80.931979

FURTHERMORE I do not think christians are allowed to criticize jesus. Did you also know Mormons were chased off of the east coast + it was legal to kill a Mormon in Missouri until 1976? I mean, granted, the law would not have been upheld then, but the fact that it was legal in the 19th century should speak to how uncivilized the west had been up until modern times.

shit like Fox News are definitely speaking about it in the open too - don't get me wrong here. And don't even get me started on people who thought that me and a few other Muslim-born children around me growing up would turn into devout terrorists when they grew up. The point isn't to criticize Islam, because criticizing Islam means criticizing other Abrahamic religions for doing basically the same thing (but the cultures have becoming gradually more tolerant). The point is that it should not turn into an east vs west thing, and out and out singling out Islam for something that's relatively universal is showing more of a combative mentality towards domestic citizens and otherwise innocent people (so basically an entire group of people), which tends to incite more of this. I don't think people really realize that the middle east is in a state of flux for reasons unrelated to Islamic aggression. If we are to criticize Islam, so be it, but let's separate the religion from the people who do not necessarily believe in that ideology to as fundamental of an extent.

As well as the above, there's a reason Christians no longer engage in stoning people to death for crimes. There's some pretty terrible things in the bible, some may still hold to such as the interpretation that gays are an abomination. For an example, the majority of terrorism in the UK in the years preceding 1998 were from the 'The Troubles' in Ireland where the Irish Republican Army carried out many terrorist attacks for political and religious (in this case, between Protestant and Catholic Christians) differences. It happens to be that Islam extremism has been the most common motive in recent years.

So what exactly is being brought up? That Islamic terrorism is bad and we should do what we can to stop it? Yes, absolutely - within reason.

I think the issue is fairly obvious: Islamic civilization is going through its own version of the Dark Ages. ISIS, Hezbollah, Wahhabism: this was Western Civilization centuries ago, and if you look at the time difference between the rise of Western Civilization and the rise of Islam, the timetables match up. In the years following the fall of the Roman Empire, Europe degenerated into greater religious fundamentalism and the Middle Ages, and in the years following the fall of the Ottoman's the same thing essentially happened to the Middle East. To pretend that this is a problem with Islam is to ignore history; it is a problem with the general decline of the power and importance of the Middle East since the 1700s. Eventually, the Middle East will experience a Renniassance. Until then, though, we would do well to remember the achievements of the Ummayads, the Abbasids, and the Ottomans alongside the evil of ISIS.

Sure, I agree. I should have stated that I wasn't intending to be seen as "defending Islam" or "condemning Christianity", and I wouldn't excuse extremist Islamists. My point was that in the past in the UK at the very least, Christianity was the main reason for terrorism, and nobody questioned the teachings of it then. I feel as though the turbulent state of the Muslim world is contributing to this.

Furthermore, the statistics in the article you linked showed that 5% of Tunisian Muslims believe that suicide bombing is justified. This guy was Tunisian, and he's actually unlikely to be one of those terrorists as a result relative to the other polled regions.

so what is your point here then? Radical interpretation of religion is a problem, yes, everyone acknowledges this. The issue comes when you group followers with the extremists, which you seem to come one step away from doing despite saying you don't. The attacks are being perpetrated by primarily those from the Middle East who happen to be Muslim. I do not see what the Sailaifengye have to do with this. You say you want to criticize the ideology in the strictest interpretation, but attacks like these are a symptom of politics and not ideology.

Edited by Lord Raven

unless you were to somehow simulate a situation identical to the middle east, and then subtract islam, not really sure how you can blame "islamic ideology" or whatever that means to the current problem, because there are so many complex factors at play here. there are definitely more differences between middle eastern countries with terrorism problems and the us/western europe than just religion.

and the main problem is that the current climate allows for pretty much zero nuance on this topic, so while i'm not into trite shit like "islam is a religion of peace," i'll take that side over a lot of the racism and islamophobia on the other side

Edited by Radiant head

As for what Merkel has done. Europe is fucked beyond repair since if a person or group of people just happen to be brown they are somehow immune to the judicial system.

1. None of these statements are accurate.

2. None of these statements tell us why Merkel spefically is the one to blame.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's been 2 weeks since the attack, but I'm still concerned of how this migrant issue will escalate. Especially, since my little sister is travelling to Berlin with a group of friends next week and I'm worried that she and her group would be a target to some migrants with similar criminal records to sex offenders. It's very uncharacteristic of me to get worried about something like this, she says she's prepared and even knows some self defense so I can only hope she has a great time there.

Edited by Rend Keaven

The attacker was some guy from Tunisia whose papers weren't in order, IIRC. She can do the usual "I'm in a strange place" things of keeping her eyes open, staying with her group, and not flashing large amounts of money, and she'll probably be fine.