Truck plows through Berlin market, 12 dead

eclipse

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's time the US and Europe teamed up to take down ISIS once and for all. When countries banded together, they managed to take down Hitler and Japan in WWII, didn't they? The US dropping A-bombs on Japan officially ended it, but Germany had already surrendered by then.

The French may not like Americans, and maybe they and Germany don't like each other either. But all three countries have been hit. That article says Belgium was hit as well. Why not set aside our differences and fight to stop this? For all I care, the US can drop more A-bombs. It shut Japan up, maybe it'll defeat ISIS too. Whatever happens, they have to be stopped.

Uhh, I'm not 100% sure but I think ISIS is already getting beat by other countries, it's might be just Russia that is slowing us down for some reasons (idk, I'm not really interested on political stuffs like that, why they took so much time to counter attack is beyond me).

But the problem is that this incident or the one from Nice is diffucult to prevent because it's not a group: it's just one person or 2. There's no way you can prevent that kind of things unless you already know that this person contacted a member of ISIS.

Look here in Canada: One year ago, there's a guy who killed an officier in the name of ISIS. He was not a refugee, he was a white, very dumb french canadian who got in contact in one member of ISIS. He got influenced and look what happened.

Edited by Nym

Nym, it's already been discussed and I already conceded to being pretty wrong, but thank you, I guess? xP

Yea, I write way too slow, sometimes

Uhh, I'm not 100% sure but I think ISIS is already getting beat by other countries, it's might be just Russia that is slowing us down for some reasons (idk, I'm not really interested on political stuffs like that, why they took so much time to counter attack is beyond me).

But the problem is that this incident or the one from Nice is diffucult to prevent because it's not a group: it's just one person or 2. There's no way you can prevent that kind of things unless you already know that this person contacted a member of ISIS.

Look here in Canada: One year ago, there's a guy who killed an officier in the name of ISIS. He was not a refugee, he was a white, very dumb french canadian who got in contact in one member of ISIS. He got influenced and look what happened.

In Russia and many other countries, they believe that US is actually backing ISIS, not Russia is trying to slow US down from killing ISIS.

@Ana: Your reaction is exactly how many non US think the US people are evil, trying to kill everyone without a single blink just for a very very stupid reason (i'm sorry but it's indeed stupid).

Edited by hanhnn

In Russia and many other countries, they believe that US is actually backing ISIS, not Russia is trying to slow US down from killing ISIS.

That's not that far from the truth while not actually true.

​According to the Podesta emails, the Clinton camp knew that the Saudis and Yemen were (and probably still are) financing ISIS. My assumption for why is the same reason why Saudi/Israeli relations have warmed in recent years: the Saudis are terrified of Iran. And since Clinton was "funded" by the Saudis by way of the Clinton Foundation, it's not that difficult of a leap to say "the USA is backing ISIS" because the current government wasn't exactly against it when you get to the root of the matter.

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I genuinely believe that there are people in America (and possibly Europe) who benefit from the Middle East and the Arab World being in a state of constant turmoil and therefore wish to keep it that way.

well they don't benefit from the turmoil itself, they just benefit from the imperialism, ie. extraction of power and resources, that inevitably puts it in turmoil.

well they don't benefit from the turmoil itself, they just benefit from the imperialism, ie. extraction of power and resources, that inevitably puts it in turmoil.

Nope, you're forgetting about geo-political factors too. Sometimes, the turmoil itself is something they benefit from.

you're literally spouting mgs4 levels of conspiracy bullshit LOL

Actually, I'm not. Let me give you a good example that's close to home.

​As long as Bibi keeps the PA from wanting a peace deal by continuously trying to settle areas around Ariel, he keeps getting elected and we keep going to war. Tension and turmoil is literally keeping Bibi in power here.

Edited by Pepe The Conquerer

My condolences to the families of the victims. The timing was especially tragic.

you're literally spouting mgs4 levels of conspiracy bullshit LOL

Nanimachines, son.

With the last update I heard being that the Pakistani guy was released, I expect the talk of ISIS and the like to die down, unless German officials say otherwise.

One of the casualties was the guy who rented the truck, IIRC.

Well, technically ISIS already claimed to be behind the attack... Sorry about the derail.

One of the casualties was the guy who rented the truck, IIRC.

It was the truck of a Polish trucking company (if that's the correct term...) that was transporting goods from Italy to Berlin. The attacker most likely killed the (also Polish) driver to steal the truck.

A 23 year old Tunesian is hunt now.

He has connection to a Salafist group I haven't heared of yet. The clue leads to West-Germany where the possible culprit earned a toleration for living.

But he abused a body harm and should be pushed off consequently. However he could disappear in time.

article

It's in German and English.

Edited by Eleanor Hume

USA and EU at least indirectly helping ISIS is not a conspiracy theory.

the argument is fairly simple: some "people," whoever they may be, benefit directly from the turmoil in the middle east, and therefore behave in ways that would exacerbate the turmoil. life argued this is true and even took it a step further: world leaders purposefully ruin the middle east to stay in power at the cost of their own people.

this is a level of fantasy that video games hit, not reality.

i'm not claiming the united states is not at least partly responsible for the existence of isis.

My condolences to the families affected.

Also, @Phoenix Wright, rulers harming their people to stay in power isn't a new thing by any means, even after the advent of democratic systems. Of course, this doesn't mean I truly give the theory any personal truth value beyond admitting that there is circumstancial evidence to it.

My condolences to the families affected.

Also, @Phoenix Wright, rulers harming their people to stay in power isn't a new thing by any means,1 even after the advent of democratic systems. Of course, this doesn't mean I truly give the theory any personal truth value beyond admitting that there is circumstancial evidence to it.2

1of course not but,

2circumstantial evidence = no evidence,

so in conclusion it's bologna.

I don't know about direct benefit from turmoil, but the arms industry certainly isn't taking a hit because of the fighting. Hell, I bet companies like Raytheon, MAPO, Colt, and Kalashnikov are banking billions from all of this. Will their money leave when peace comes? Hell no. They are, however, making quite a bit as of right now.

I don't know about direct benefit from turmoil, but the arms industry certainly isn't taking a hit because of the fighting. Hell, I bet companies like Raytheon, MAPO, Colt, and Kalashnikov are banking billions from all of this. Will their money leave when peace comes? Hell no. They are, however, making quite a bit as of right now.

well,

raytheon is a defense contractor with lots of functions. and is also one of nearly 100 in business with the united states.

mapo is state-owned, which means not for-profit. which means they are not banking billions.

colt barely brought in 75m euros in the first half of fy 2015.

and kalashnikov has a net rev. of 1.3bn for the last fiscal year. so not even profits.

this is hardly booming business.

WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSION? As in, I'm going to start deleting posts if it continues past this post. Cut it out.

A 23 year old Tunesian is hunt now.

He has connection to a Salafist group I haven't heared of yet. The clue leads to West-Germany where the possible culprit earned a toleration for living.

But he abused a body harm and should be pushed off consequently. However he could disappear in time.

article

It's in German and English.

It sounds like this guy's wanted for questioning. Scroll down further, and it's due to some document or other. It's not the most solid evidence, but I'll trust that German law enforcement knows more than me.

It sounds like this guy's wanted for questioning. Scroll down further, and it's due to some document or other. It's not the most solid evidence, but I'll trust that German law enforcement knows more than me.

The police found finger prints of the Tunesian in the cabin of the truck and even on the steering wheel. But although he was recorded by a security camera shortly after the attack, there is no trace of him right now (or at least no trace that the police has published).

According to the police, the Polish truck driver fought against the terrorist until just before the attack, so it's very certain that he or his company weren't involved in the planning whatsoever.

€: Aaaaand he's dead. He got into a police control last night at 3:30 AM in Italy, shot the policeman and got killed in the ensueing gunfight; the policeman got shot in the shoulder but survived the hit. The Italian Interior Secretary stated that there are no doubts whatsoever about his identity. Apparently, an Italian newspaper reports that the weapon he used in the gunfight was the same one he shot the Pole with, so if that's true it should really be clear that he's indeed the attacker.

Edited by ping