Let's Play Lylat Wars... Wait, what game?

Amiratasiru

So, what's this game? Well, LYLAT Wars is a 3D rail shooter game on the N64 which is also the second (official) game in the STAR Fox series. Confused? Well, Lylat Wars is the name of the PAL release because a company in German by the name Starvox would be a potential threat for lawsuits towards Nintendo, as V's and F's sound very similar when pronounced in German. I know, kind of stupid and a tad over-eccentric, but we're talking about Nintendo here.

One of my favourite games of all-time, I intend on doing a full-on comprehensive let's play, showing all exits, stages, while also not being half-bad at the game either. I also aim to show off some covers and/or remixes of the themes present in the stages from YouTube (by permission, of course), which should be fun!

Here's part 1: Corneria

Edited by Rhayader

Sweet, I'll be watching!

It's kinda neat to see where the series went after SNES and the (sadly) Canceled, Star Fox 2. Star Fox 64 is one of my favorite railshooter type games ever, so yeah.

Sweet, I'll be watching!

It's kinda neat to see where the series went after SNES and the (sadly) Canceled, Star Fox 2. Star Fox 64 is one of my favorite railshooter type games ever, so yeah.

Yeah, it's certainly a good direction in my opinion. Three alternate endings would have been the peak of execution in my opinion, but being able to constantly jump between routes is what I love about Lylat Wars. It allows you to enjoy each part of the story as an individual story, rather than committing to one single path. Also, it makes for a lot more diversity and fun in score runs.

Star Fox 64 was one of my first N64 games when I was a kid, and I loved it. The first time I beat it and saw the ending was breathtaking.

As Rob64 would say, keep up the good work!

I hear ya, bud. The amount of times I played through this game couldn't be counted. The roughest estimate I could think of is about 500 times. I just played through it over and over again and never got enough of it with the aspiration of wanting to beat my old score. It goes Lylat Wars, Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, Pokemon Stadium 2 and Super Smash Bros personally, at least from my childhood. That top 5 list may be a little different nowadays, but hey

I hear ya, bud. The amount of times I played through this game couldn't be counted. The roughest estimate I could think of is about 500 times. I just played through it over and over again and never got enough of it with the aspiration of wanting to beat my old score. It goes Lylat Wars, Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, Pokemon Stadium 2 and Super Smash Bros personally, at least from my childhood. That top 5 list may be a little different nowadays, but hey

Yeah, and the soundtrack was amazing! I remember the excitement every time I unlocked a new path. The first time I went to Aquas I almost went crazy. And the three exits on Sector X, or navigating through the final tunnel after the true Andross battle. Most of my best memories come from those days.

My N64 top 5 list has to be Super Mario 64 (I lived and died for that game), Ocarina of Time (the first Zelda I actually enjoyed and could beat), Super Smash Bros (of course), Castlevania Legacy of Darkness (mostly because I'm a Castlevania fan) and Banjo Kazooie (because it played a lot like Mario 64)

I have very fond memories of playing Mario Party or Bomberman 64 with my brother too. And Goldeneye/Perfect Dark are beyond cool too. Man, I could keep talking about it all day long.

"Never give up, trust your instincts"

Edited by geraq

• 3 weeks later...

Meteo, what a forgettable stage that is! Except for that one part I didn't show... Uh, never mind! It does not matter, for the journey of our fearless crew brings them to Fortuna. Or Fichina. Or Fortuna in Star Fox Zero. Look, Nintendo make a lot mistakes okay?

• 2 weeks later...

Well now that the first half of the game is over, it actually becomes pretty damn fun! Sector X is the name, you've probably heard of it. Or not. It was red in Star Fox Command. Here it's blue. Does that give you a hint? Good, cause it didn't for me either despite having played both before. Thanks, starfoxwiki.

Edited by Rhayader

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bolse? You'd have to be pretty clever to make a pun out of that. Good thing I'm not just puns, I'm alliterations too!

...Uh, right. ANYWAY...

Edit: I didn't even realise that this wasn't posted. Good thing for the built-in save!

Edited by Rhayader