Sen no Kiseki/Trails of Cold Steel III: PS4 exclusive, Sep 28th, 2017 (JPN)

DodgeDusk

On sábado, 6 de maio de 2017 at 5:27 AM, Jedi said:

Hard to tell from that angle, but he may have.

I wanna see Dragon Dive with these pretty graphics haha.

Thing is, Lloyd had a (siller) Dragon Dive as his 3rd s-craft in Ao, but used his second s-craft in CS2.

Then again, it was still fancy, unlike Final Break...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they would like to pretend that the FC S-crafts don't exist. They're unspectacular across the board and feel more like a continuation of Gagharv's finishing moves instead of the Super Anime Cutscene Attacks they've become. 

I'm pretty sure every character who got one in FC had it later obsoleted by something else between SC or 3rd.

1 hour ago, Iridium said:

I think they would like to pretend that the FC S-crafts don't exist. They're unspectacular across the board and feel more like a continuation of Gagharv's finishing moves instead of the Super Anime Cutscene Attacks they've become. 

I'm pretty sure every character who got one in FC had it later obsoleted by something else between SC or 3rd.

Kloe would like a word with you, but besides that. Yeah.

On 3/7/2017 at 1:40 PM, DodgeDusk said:

A bunch of new details emerged today. Sources are Gematsu and Dengeki, with translation work being done by omgfloofy. Nightmare has given me permission to revive the thread.

The details:

• The Erebonia Empire has turned Crossbell into a Province, and during the year-and-a-half time skip, they also annexed North Ambria, stealing the Calvard Republic's title as the biggest power in Zemuria. North Amria's annexation will be explored during the game.
  • Erebonia as a country is unstable, and Ouroboros have major plans involving Erebonia's period of chaos.
  • A subberean area called Reeves in Western Erebonia will house a new military school: Thors II. Reeves is adjacent to Heimdallr, similar to Trista. Thors II will accomodate "problem" children--students who haven't performed well at schools, as well as foreigners. There are three special classes in Thors II: Class VII, who are a special duty group; Class VIII, who are a tactical group; and Class IX, who are an administration group.
  • Despite Rean's insistance on becoming an Erebonian military officier, he ends up becoming a teacher at Thors II.
  • The staff has completed changed for Thors II; Olivert is no longer on the Board of Directors, and the new headmaster is an "unbelievably strong character who once served as the Noble Alliance's Chief-in-Command."

Information on four characters:

• Rean Schwarzer.
    Weapon: Tachi.
    Since Class VII graduated first before Class I, the relationship between Rean and Patrick has changed. The former students of Class VII keep in regular touch with Rean, and possibly themselves. Is finding it near impossible to control his ogre power.
  • Kurt Vander.
    Weapon: Dual Swords.
    Younger brother to Mueller Vander, Kurt was looking forward to guarding the Arnor royal family, but his dreams were crushed when Osborne terminated the Vander family's employment of looking after the Arnor family. Hestitant to follow up on his entry to Thors II, Mueller urges him to go on. Considers himself smart.
  • Yuna Crawford.
    Weapon: Gun Breaker (tonfas with projectiles).
    A Crossbellan native, Yuna wished to join Crossbell's Police Special Support Section (S.S.S.) before Crossbell got annexed by Erebonia. She got an invitation to enrol at Thors II from "someone inside", and said character is an acquaintance of Rean's.
  • Altina Orion.
    Weapon: Claiomh Solais.
    A member of the Imperial Army's Intelligence Division(?), Altina, even after the civil war, completed various objectives before being sent to survey Rean's actions as an instructor. She "enrols" as a student in Thors II. Changes in her emotions are said to emerge, and her relationship with Millium will be explored.

Other tidbits:

• The former members of Class VII will be featured in a later update.

And finally, a new picture:

58bf0ba76d868_dagoonz.jpg.380901015e38cd68440f085eb3d8187a.jpg

"someone" is eitheir fie or gauis

This team is ready to kill.

Edited by BakanGin

15 hours ago, Jedi said:

Kloe would like a word with you, but besides that. Yeah.

I mean, it didn't stop them from trying! Sanctus Nova is rad as hell (for a FC/SC S-Craft) and the minor change to it in 3rd (turning it into a non-elemental ATS attack) at least makes it unique and arguably useful in its own right. But yeah, Lichtkreis is probably still her better option most of the time.

speaking of rad but useless s-crafts, i'm so glad elliot had the reverse happen to him, because as cool as seventh rhapsody is it is totally useless even in casual play, and it gives him some reason to exist besides being backup emma

I wouldn't call Elliot a backup Emma because his healing crafts are amazing. Despite being biased towards Emma for reasons, I ended up using Elliot in my active party more often than her.

But that aside...

No more choo-choo, bullet trains don't choo-choo

8 hours ago, TheEnd said:

I wouldn't call Elliot a backup Emma because his healing crafts are amazing. Despite being biased towards Emma for reasons, I ended up using Elliot in my active party more often than her.

But that aside...

No more choo-choo, bullet trains don't choo-choo

HOLY CRAP, THATS GREAT NEWS. Sorry all caps.

6 minutes ago, TheEnd said:

He's quite probably just a guest party member, but NO MATTER

His new version of Dragon Dive should be him riding into the sky on Ragnard, and diving off at super sonic speeds, with a massive explosion.

What do you think :P:

Some new information:

• Agate is now 28 years old, and is an A-Rank Bracer. He is working with Prince Olivert to try and put pressure on Erebonia's Intelligence Division in order to find the truth behind the Hundred Days War and maybe the Bracer Guild Raid. His relationship with Tita's parents have changed (his new sneakers and belt were gifted by a "precious family"), and possibly with Tita herself. His presence in Erebonia implies he is acquainted with both Sara and Toval (the two are confirmed for this game).
  • Tita is now 16 years old, and is a student at Thors's Class IX. She enrolled at Thors II against her mother's wishes after hearing "strange reports" from Prince Olivert. Her and Agate have moved to Heimdallr together.
  • Professor Schmidt is an advisor at Thors II. He created Ainhel Fortress, a facility close to Thors II, as a means for students to train and to test new weaponry.

Regarding gameplay:

• The Ring Command seen in the first two games has changed to Direct Command; all actions are mapped to specific buttons.
  • The game will feature seamless battles.
  • Brave Order, a new mechanic, will allow characters to issue orders during battle. These do not take up the character's turn. An Order requires BP, and each character will have unique Orders.
  • Juna Crawford has a new mechanic called "Style Change", which allows her tonfas to change between strike weapons to guns.

Personal thoughts: Tita looks okay. I didn't want her becoming a student, but I suppose there wasn't any other way to realistically bring her to Erebonia. Agate, on the other hand... I'm glad he's here, but I am not liking his new look. Reminds me of an older Gaius with Rean's hair, which just looks strange to me. The lack of an headband and the mullet both displease me greaty too, though I suppose the lack of a headband is meant to represent his character development throughout the Sky games? That seems one hell of a stretch, though. Seamless battles implies that dungeon design is going to be even more bland than the previous two entries.

EDIT: Just realised Tita's hat is also gone. This is the biggest offence so far.

EDIT 2: Just saw her full-body art. I take back what I said--Tita's redesign is fantastic. Best design in Cold Steel so far, alongside Crow in his green Thors uniform and Jusis's outfit in Cold Steel II. The lack of hat still hurts, but the hoodie makes up for it.

Edited by DodgeDusk
Additional information

Agate looks kinda generic, but Tita's redesign is okay (and hasn't been lewdified either).

From some Japanese sources I saw (notably Hokanko): Apparently, Style Change isn't necessarily unique to Yuna. From the wording, I'd guess one or two other characters should have it -- perhaps the edgelord that was introduced a few weeks ago.

About bland dungeon design... frankly, it's something that tends to plague games in general nowadays, so it isn't anything new to me.

1 minute ago, TheEnd said:

From some Japanese sources I saw (notably Hokanko): Apparently, Style Change isn't necessarily unique to Yuna. From the wording, I'd guess one or two other characters should have it -- perhaps the edgelord that was introduced a few weeks ago.

I can see Fie having it, too. Change from Slash attacks to shooting bullets. Provided she's playable, of course.

Could be. Maybe Sara too.

I'll be very surprised (and not pleased) if any of the original Class VII members isn't playable, though some could rejoin horribly late or something.

6 hours ago, TheEnd said:

Could be. Maybe Sara too.

I'll be very surprised (and not pleased) if any of the original Class VII members isn't playable, though some could rejoin horribly late or something.

I need playable Agate & Emma in the same game or I'll be very annoyed.

Hey, Agate almost looks respectable.  His hair's a bit jarring, though.

Never was a fan of Tita's design, but I like the new one better than her old one.

10 minutes ago, BakanGin said:

So many bracers are gonna be in this game. Why is Agate still A-rank and not S-rank yet? Plus i love tita

The qualifications for S-Rank bracers is insanely high - remember, Agate was B-Rank during the Liberl arc!

3 minutes ago, BakanGin said:

So many bracers are gonna be in this game. Why is Agate still A-rank and not S-rank yet? Plus i love tita

S-Rank is pretty much the one-man-army rank. A-Rank is like Kurt; strong enough to be a deus ex machina but still fallible enough to job.

Agate honestly is probably one of the better candidates for eventually becoming S, considering two of his self-proclaimed rivals are Loewe and Cassius (who are very much S-Tier in strength). He has no special powers or protagonist privilege, however, so it'd be a long uphill battle we may never see the conclusion of.

S-rank is also a special rank, not obtained through regular progression. I think there were only 4 of them or something, during the Crossbell arc?

7 minutes ago, TheEnd said:

S-rank is also a special rank, not obtained through regular progression. I think there were only 4 of them or something, during the Crossbell arc?

I'm pretty sure that number is also mentioned during FC, but truth be told it's hard to tell where information comes from after a certain point when there's so much worldbuilding going on. For all I know I might've just inserted it there after hearing it in a previous discussion. Either way I'm pretty sure it's four. Counting C and not counting A, which would still leave three totally unaccounted for.

Didn't Cassius get his by sorting out a crisis in Calvard kind of by himself? The fact those big incidents - when they happen - are usually being dealt with by groups might have something to do with the low numbers.

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

Surviving Tita's mother might be reason enough to be S-Rank :P:

Maybe, but one life saved doesn't mean your that strong, could mean luck.

12 hours ago, Iridium said:

S-Rank is pretty much the one-man-army rank. A-Rank is like Kurt; strong enough to be a deus ex machina but still fallible enough to job.

Agate honestly is probably one of the better candidates for eventually becoming S, considering two of his self-proclaimed rivals are Loewe and Cassius (who are very much S-Tier in strength). He has no special powers or protagonist privilege, however, so it'd be a long uphill battle we may never see the conclusion of.

Would Sara count, and how old is she?

Sara is A-rank. Supposedly she's the youngest person to achieve that threshold. She is 25 in Cold Steel I/II. Judging by Rean and Towa, she will probably be 28 two years later in Cold Steel III.