Sen no Kiseki/Trails of Cold Steel III: PS4 exclusive, Sep 28th, 2017 (JPN)

DodgeDusk

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Iridium said:

A-Rank is like Kurt; strong enough to be a deus ex machina but still fallible enough to job.

I have never seen a better description for Kurt. Poor man doesn't get enough time to show off how capable he actually is.

51 minutes ago, TheEnd said:

Didn't Cassius get his by sorting out a crisis in Calvard kind of by himself? The fact those big incidents - when they happen - are usually being dealt with by groups might have something to do with the low numbers.

FC/SC spoilers.

Five years prior to the startof FC, Cassius singlehandedly dealt with a previously-dormant Draigon (Dragion? I can't remember how it's spelt) in Calvard. FC tells us that he stopped a potential "international crisis" 5 years ago, while Kevin says to Julia when the two of them are at the depths of FC's final dungeon that the thing Estelle and co. fought at the end of FC "looked similar to something that appeared in Calvard 5 years ago".

1 hour ago, TheEnd said:

S-rank is also a special rank, not obtained through regular progression. I think there were only 4 of them or something, during the Crossbell arc?

There's Cassius, and from what I understand, three that are unaccounted for (I haven't played the Crossbell games). I think Arios is S-Rank in all but name? I might be wrong there.

Arios is crazy strong alright (being a Hachiyou-ittou master and all), but he's still A-rank
It's a special, informal rank after all

Arios is crazy strong alright (being a Hachiyou-ittou master and all), but he's still A-rank
It's a special, informal rank after all

They have to do something really really crazy good. Like even A-Ranks have to do some crazy stuff before being considered A. 

Agate? He went through the entire Liberl crisis merely a B and is just now becoming an A for instance, although we know Sara is an A, the youngest in fact. Although thats probably partly due to her origin story, and how she had to live for awhile.

On 2017-5-13 at 10:43 AM, DodgeDusk said:

I have never seen a better description for Kurt. Poor man doesn't get enough time to show off how capable he actually is.

FC/SC spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

Five years prior to the startof FC, Cassius singlehandedly dealt with a previously-dormant Draigon (Dragion? I can't remember how it's spelt) in Calvard. FC tells us that he stopped a potential "international crisis" 5 years ago, while Kevin says to Julia when the two of them are at the depths of FC's final dungeon that the thing Estelle and co. fought at the end of FC "looked similar to something that appeared in Calvard 5 years ago".

Spoiler

I thought that was a called a Reviere? Dragion is the archaism based on that, no?

i mean i just answered the who wants to be a mirannaire question based on that yesterday!

Edited by Tonton

Reverie, also known as Traumerie, is the model upon which the T.M. Dragion series was based. I think. This series has too many different you-know-whats for me to keep track of.

It's hard for people to die at all in the Trails series, I really doubt Falcom would even consider doing that offscreen

It definitely isn't just you

On 5/23/2017 at 5:57 AM, TheEnd said:

It's hard for people to die at all in the Trails series, I really doubt Falcom would even consider doing that offscreen

It definitely isn't just you

Spoiler

CROW DID

And preorders are up, though the digital bonuses are very lousy

I'm guessing old Class VII will really be in the back seat this time

11 hours ago, TheEnd said:

And preorders are up, though the digital bonuses are very lousy

I'm guessing old Class VII will really be in the back seat this time

I just hope its not CS1 mk2 with how it plays out, I really don't want to be back to Square One.

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

I just hope its not CS1 mk2 with how it plays out, I really don't want to be back to Square One.

Something tells me it will start out like that.  Where the journey goes, who knows?

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

I wouldn't worry too much about going back to square one with all those old faces coming back right off the bat

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Something tells me it will start out like that.  Where the journey goes, who knows?

First 1 or 2 chapters maybe then? 

3 hours ago, TheEnd said:

I wouldn't worry too much about going back to square one with all those old faces coming back right off the bat

Well I still can't be sure, they'll find some way to start really slow :P:

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

First 1 or 2 chapters maybe then? 

there's all of western erebonia to go through that looks too little

there's like Ordis, Bryonia Island, Saint-Arkh, Parm and Jurai, I imagine each of of those could get a chapter, they also already showed Crossbell so probably going there early too

Edited by Tonton

Even though they'll probably explore the entire Western Erebonia and then some more, that doesn't mean we'll have field studies for each of those locations. It's entirely possible for things to start going terribly wrong by the third trip, for instance; and while I find it unlikely, Falcom could also explore the fact old Class VII is spread apart and explore different areas with different groups.

Either way, the slow development we saw in FC and CS1 is only justified when you're introducing an all-new cast, which isn't the case now - CS3's new characters have established relations with previous ones, like Kurt being Mueller's brother, or Juna being Lloyd's fangirl. They won't need to be developed from zero; I believe Ries from 3rd could be a good reference of a similar case.

idk i considered the angle of exploring different areas with different groups but all that we've seen so far seem to indicate otherwise
looks more we'll be visiting those locations with new class vii and Musse, Ash, Agate and Tio in some occasions

right now it looks like Tio might be with them in Crossbell while I think Agate could be with them in Parm/Hamel, Musse and Ash are looking to be a bit more than just guests too

Also I'm rememebered there's a lot of Heimdallr we didn't see too

CS4 inbound

really tho, there's just a lot of stuff for CS3 to cover, either this is the largest Trails game yet or things are only starting to really happen in the last 2 hours and we get CS4 next year

Edited by Tonton

9 hours ago, Tonton said:

there's all of western erebonia to go through that looks too little

there's like Ordis, Bryonia Island, Saint-Arkh, Parm and Jurai, I imagine each of of those could get a chapter, they also already showed Crossbell so probably going there early too

Right, theres more places than I recalled off the top of my head, sometimes I wish we had like a mini side game which was all the other Field Studies that Rean didn't go on, just to see all the other cool stuff. 

9 hours ago, TheEnd said:

Even though they'll probably explore the entire Western Erebonia and then some more, that doesn't mean we'll have field studies for each of those locations. It's entirely possible for things to start going terribly wrong by the third trip, for instance; and while I find it unlikely, Falcom could also explore the fact old Class VII is spread apart and explore different areas with different groups.

Either way, the slow development we saw in FC and CS1 is only justified when you're introducing an all-new cast, which isn't the case now - CS3's new characters have established relations with previous ones, like Kurt being Mueller's brother, or Juna being Lloyd's fangirl. They won't need to be developed from zero; I believe Ries from 3rd could be a good reference of a similar case.

I hope they get a little more development than Ries did, while I do like Ries, I felt her screentime was really limited in 3rd for being a co-lead.

Speaking of 3rd, I really want Kevin to show up too.

Edited by Jedi

If CS4 happens, it very likely wouldn't be before 2019.

Either way, even if Falcom doesn't conclude the Erebonia arc now, I don't think all those players will just stay put while new characters get development; in fact, I expect Rean and his students to bond through hardship.

Or this could just be Teacher Simulator 2017, I don't know

12 hours ago, Jedi said:

Right, theres more places than I recalled off the top of my head, sometimes I wish we had like a mini side game which was all the other Field Studies that Rean didn't go on, just to see all the other cool stuff.

I hope they get a little more development than Ries did, while I do like Ries, I felt her screentime was really limited in 3rd for being a co-lead.

Speaking of 3rd, I really want Kevin to show up too.

You want a CS4, then

There are too many dominions in Erebonia, already

Edited by TheEnd