Angelcynn: A Very Merry Paralogue

Shin

25th December ???

(The contents of this thread are not considered canon to the main Angelcynn thread and thus does not occur within the timeline of the roleplay. Characters that never met physically will be present together. I implore you to have fun and be as SILLY as possible.)

It was a fine Christmas afternoon, and all had gathered to celebrate the festivities. On top of a snowy hill in Magonsaete, the dastardly Malaphar had invited the entire cast to join his Christmas gathering. Nobody was excluded, from the noble Prince Owen to that old guy that made Serge paint his fence for some reason. With the halls decorated and the tables fully laid, Malaphar had cut no corners in preparing for the gathering. Standing at the front of his hall, he clapped his hands together to gain the attention of the room.

"Thank you kindly for all being here. I, Malaphar, warmly welcome all of you to my Christmas gathering!" he announced, waving a searing flame through the air. "For some reason, it was felt that my world was deemed an unfitting venue for merriment, but this castle should be suitable! I wish you all the best and hope there are no hard feelings of the events that have transpired. I'm sure there are many of you that I had vapourised during the course of our tales... and I'm certain there are more of you yet to be burned to a crisp! May the festivities commence!"

The audience applauded slowly, muttering to each other about who would actually survive into the later acts. However, which such a gathering, their host's oddity could be overlooked for the meantime.

Every player may post! This thread is likely to remain active for a week!

The weather outside was indeed frightful, but the fire was oh so very delightful. Serge sat on a very comfortable couch, wearing a very unique red and green stripe sweater to keep him warm, and sipping a nice cup of hot cocoa. Winters had always been the harshest out in the wildness, but finally he could enjoy a Christmas inside a warm house. Finally was a time to relax. Maybe he could even take a nap.

"Ahhhhh~ This is some good cocoa, I tell you what." He said, taking another sip. "Hmmmm... I wonder what everyone else is doing?"

As Marcus walked by the fireplace he heard Serge think out loud. "A good question, actually. You wouldn't happen to have seen Scarlet would you? I managed to smuggle her inside, but I've lost sight of her." Then a thought crossed his mind...No, not the eggnog...not again! He gasped, "THE EGGNOG!" This wouldn't be like the last christmas where Scarlet drank all the eggnog. Not if Marcus could help it. He ran off towards where he suspected the drinks were being kept, hoping he could make it in time.

As much as Marcus was hoping to find his chicken, the shrieking sounds coming from the table were simply the princess, laughing it up with Rashid, far, far more drunk than she ever should have been-- but why not! This was a party, after all! And Rashid told the most AMAZING stories about his homeland-- flying carpets, genies, magic lamps-- it was such a riot! She couldn't help herself, waving Marcus down as he appeared. "Muh, M-Marcus, come, come, listen to all of this~ Rub the lamp and get three wishes, I mean, what in the world? Huhahaha, snrgk." Cass snorted with an bout of laughter, swigging back another rum and eggnog mixture. "What a party, what, a, party~ Here, have some for yourself, I must go speak to other people." Cass quickly handed Marcus a glass and stumbled back into the group, spotting-- ahhh, yes~

"Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaire~" she droned, stumbling towards the mage, before poking her in the arm. "How are you? Isn't this all just so much fun? Can you BELIEVE Malaphar of all people could host something like this without setting us all on fire? It's wonderful!" She laughed again, swigging and sighing. "And you?"

Claire was still mostly sober by this point, despite Nona's constant attempts to convince her to down one of her 'personal favourites'. The mage's throat burned like hell as she almost spat out the mixture entirely, despite the Valter's insistence that 'it would grow on her', although her own intuition (and poor throat) told her that she would knock herself out well before she was used to the damn thing. When the sister's back turned, Claire quickly fled the scene, ensuring that she would stay conscious for at least the first hour of the party.

Her peace was short lived, with the inebriated princess soon tapping her on the shoulder, the mage didn't mind her company too much. "Hi Cass. Nona didn't try and share her drinks with you too, did she?" she laughed. She'd certainly wasted no time getting into the festivities. "I couldn't believe it either. Although maybe burning would be preferable to having to stomach another one of Nona's drinks." She stuck her tongue out in disgust, looking out of the corner of her eye for something to properly wash away the taste with.

Charlotte sighed contently, sipping away at her third glass of wine and leaning on Owen (perhaps to nobody's surprise). "Isn't it wooooonderful, sweetheart?" she asked after the mage's speech, running her fingers through the prince's hair. "We all get to be here in peace, and everyone's so happy... I can't believe that Malaphar is such an amazing host, too! Who would've known this is another way to use that crazy magic. But... even as great as it is, I feel like we're missing something, at least."

She leaned back with a blank stare, silent for a few moments before moving so abruptly she nearly fell out of her chair. "Music! Of course, how can you have a holiday party without some festive music to go with it all?! Wow, we really need to do something about that. Okay, okay. Heeeeeyyy, who else is good at music?" she shouted to the other people in the hall. "I'll be the singer! We gotta make a band, it'll add to the atmosphere really well. We can call it... Charlotte and the... well, a name can be decided on when we're all together."

"I should've known it was you Princess Cassandra, Scarlet can't hold her liquor half as well." Memories of a disgusting slurry consisting of meat, eggnog, and bones rushed through his mind. He shuddered, it took him hours to clean it all up last time. Scarlet still smelled for a week afterwards too. "Hmmm...where did that silly girl go?" He wracked his brain for all the possible places she could be, and it became clear to him. There were, quite simply, too many places she could be. He sighed, "Do you have any wine?" Just because he was losing his sobriety he didn't have to lose his class after all. Besides, he was sure 6'5" pile of white fur, and red feathers would pop up without his searching.

"Not yet, but I'm sure they're a blast~" Cass shuffled up close to Claire, pushing her arm up against the mage's. "You should have some regular drinks then~ They're wonderful, I promise. I've had four! They were all worth it. And speaking of worth it," Cass said, poking Claire's shoulder again, and running circles with her finger. "You're blindingly sexy~ You should lead me out of her and let me explore what's under the robes... You always wear robes, why is that? You're hiding too, tooooooo too much! Enough robes." Cass started to tug on the concealing article, giggling the entire time. "Come on, Claire~ Amuse your liege."

For many, the start of the party was a great time to get their faces drunk and enjoy the merriment, but not to Owen, no. The moment he'd learned of Malaphar's decoration decisions, he started a crusade to bring true life to that castle casually atop a snowy mountain. Skulls with hats does not a party make! They needed life in the party, something that you could look and smell and understand the spirit of the holiday immediately...

Flowers, of course!

Since nobody as adept at the meticulous gardening arts felt like volunteering, it was on the prince's to show 'interior design' like a Gaffney would! No walls were left dull, with authentic vines and even a few thorn crowns --rustic, it fit the castle--. The color for flowers was white, with some red to add a bit of vibrant to the mix. Surely this mix of green, white and red would be appreciated by future interior design enthusiasts, there's no way these colors could clash poorly!

Of course, all that working on the castle left the prince exhausted, crashing on a chair for the opening speech. Honestly, I expected a longer spiel. Writing Malaphar off as a lazy host, one issue remained: Owen was easily the least properly dressed for the party! The apron and long sleeved shirt were ruined from the arduous gardening, dirtied enough. At least he had dressed the pants he wanted for the party, lavish as his were, these were special and adorned with silver details. Truly a masterpiece.

Owen felt bad for Sidney leaning on him, he hadn't the time to prepare and smell all that nice, but at least the climate helped him not smell bad. Amazing host? Sacrilege, his magic means nothing compared to an afternoon of hard work! Well, in the end, it mattered not who took the credit, as long as they enjoyed the festivities. "You go sing, Sidney." Owen gave an approving nod, leaning against his chair. A nap is very tempting, right about now... But of course it wouldn't be that easy, he was the prince!

Edited by Xinnidy

'Wonderful' was not the word Claire would've used for Nona's drinks. She somehow felt that even the elixir or the liquid from Malaphar's world would be better tasting than that. She ignored the princess' prodding as she collected another drink from the adjacent table, although she almost dropped it immediately as Cass' comments became more and more ridiculous.

"Cass, you can't just go around saying things like that without meaning it..." Claire's was very red by this point, eyes darting around the room, hoping noone else would notice her flushed face. She hadn't even done anything special to get ready for the party. Her hair was held in a ponytail rather than hanging freely because the length had started to annoy her, and she'd trimmed the front in front of a mirror to neaten it up (wind magic had other applications than just combat, she'd soon learned) but otherwise she was still the same as she'd always been.

"There's really nothing special under there..." she insisted, shifting in discomfort. She had the distinct feeling that no matter what reason she gave for her robes, the princess wouldn't really care. "I mean, you're bound to see me in a dress anyway at some point..." she reasoned, resisting the urge to fidget with her robes and draw Cass' attention back to them. Maybe I should've taken Nona up on her offer after all... Claire thought as she helped herself to her drink at last. Sobriety hadn't exactly been of much help to her so far tonight.

Edited by SB.

Emmet came to the party with some ULTERIOR motives in mind. He believed this would be the perfect moment to catch Malaphar unawares and STEAL his VIAL. Unfortunately the archer had decided to go predrinking with some guy named Baleros. The giants prodigious ability to down alcohol was seen as a challenge to our unfortunate anti-hero so by the time he arrived he was blindingly drunk.

He spotted the host at the back of the hall. "The viaaal" he muttered. His voice taking on a slightly scratchy pitch. He drew his bow and tried to aim it at Malaphar but ended up stumbling and loosening his arrow into a chandelier hanging overhead.

Edited by Jotari

Charlotte stood dramatically, waiting for the other occupants of the hall to speak up. Surely there were some among them with musical talent that would just be leaping at the opportunity to perform in a group!

But after a few minutes, still no others spoke up. "Impossible... have none of you a taste for the musical arts?" She sat down next to Owen, seeming somewhat distraught. "How is it that nobody wants to join me, Prince Owen? There are sooo many people, but nobody spoke up! Do they not understand how great it would be to work with a true lyrical master like me?!" She downed the rest of her glass, finding Owen even more appealing than before to lean on. "At least you appreciate me, Owen! Ugh, it'd be ridiculous for me to go sing for everyone without anyone else to back me up, especially after I tried to make an announcement! What's a girl to do, huh? I could sing just for you, if you wanted. Or maybe people want to dance instead of sing and use instruments instead... ooooor maybe they just have no taste for how to have a good party."

Charlotte looked over Owen, only seeming to notice his sullied shirt now. "What happened that you're a mess, anyway? And I don't think I've ever seen you wear an apron, either..." My heard hurts... how drunk am I?

Edited by Reinfleche

Lack of communication

Just as Serge sat himself down to drink in front of the fire, he could hear a heavy crash from beside him. It appeared that Baleros had taken, and possibly flattened, the chair next to him. Either by fate or by cruel intended happening, Baleros appeared to be wearing the same sweater as Serge, only perhaps several times larger than the mercenary's own. Turning his head to look at Serge through his helmet's eye holes, Baleros lifted up what appeared to be a small bucket full of eggnog.

"Fire warm... smashes cold like hammer." he grunted, tipping his bucket back to drink from it.

-

Coma in a glass

Nona staggered after Claire, holding a glass with a fluorescent green concoction that appeared to be giving off a thick smoke. "Wait, Claire!" she slurred, nearly spilling it on an unsuspecting Graham - who said nothing in response. "It's a lot better than it looks... or at least I think it is, I can't remember what happened last time I finished one!"

-

My precious

Malaphar looked over at Emmet, the man possibly in the worst state of the party. "Tell me, Emmet. How many drinks have you consumed tonight?" he asked, taking a sip from his own glass. "I believe it is more than the number of savages I've murdered, you've probably lost count."

Emmet's arrow landed squarely in the middle of the chandaliere, causing the lighting to sway wildly as its links began to loosen. Emily had appeared at Emmet's side, looking up at Emmet's target in awe. "Did the boss tell you to get rid of the light? I bet he did! I can help you if you like, I could probably even melt it!" she chirped, jumping up and down on the spot.

"That's why I'm saying something I do mean~ Come on, this place is so stuffy, too many people drinking... Including myself~ Maybe you can model me a dress in another room and then we can see you modelling without at all--" Alas, prodding never lasted, especially when unfortunate people were around. Like Nona. Carrying a... Potion...? That was certainly no drink, not like Cass had ever seen, and as daring as she was while inebriated, that was one dare too far. "Well, I suppose your options are laid bare. You can pull me off and I can pull you out of that, or Nona can spill... Gods, you'd probably melt if that touched your skin, hah." Cass snorted at the thought, sucking back the rest of her drink. "Come on, Claire~ Make a choice~"

It took Claire a moment to notice that she was gaping at Nona's drink, looking between Cass and the concoction in disbelief. Perhaps Nona's drink would kill her, but Cass' advances could still make her die of embarrassment. The choice seemed easy, but she still wasn't exactly pleased about it.

"Um, sorry Nona. I need some air." She'd long lost track of where the exit was (and golly, it's chilly here), but she pulled the drunken princess away with her, preferably as far away from the pegasus rider as possible. Considering Cass' state, she had to go a little slower than she was hoping for, but still managed to get away.

She hoped, anyway. Somehow, they'd manage to lose the rest of the party - no doubt to the princess' delight. After making sure that she wasn't about to fall over, the mage finally spoke up. "Uh, don't get the wrong idea princess..." she muttered, still not keen on indulging her. "I mean, it's not fair anyways. You want me to take everything off but you won't even..." She stopped very suddenly. Please don't tell me I gave her that thought... Please no.

Edited by SB.

Woosh, the party was gone in an instant. And then they were outside the main hall, thought Cass was unsure where they were; she didn't know this place very well! It was one of Malaphar's amazing castles after all, how would she know it? Perhaps after she was done torturing herself against Claire she could bother him for some information, and a grand tour. Of course that would have to wait! Claire had said the magic words, Cass smiling a devilish grin and snorting out another laugh.

"Oh, Claire, darling, is that all? You should have just asked!" Cass took no pause in slipping her dress down her shoulder, sauntering up to Claire, hands on the mage's shoulders now. "Come on, stop being such a tease~ Adele has been so, so distant for so long... I need someone who's willing to pay attention to me and all my needs. You're... Thorough, right? Claire? Please, I'm sure one night won't be that bad for you. You might find yourself enjoying it~" Cass gently licked her lips, wondering for a moment if Nona's concoction actually would've tasted alright... No, impossible. Nothing that fluorescent would be good.

She was not surprised when Cass twisted her words, or by the fact that her teasing continued. What surprised Claire was how quickly she was willing to remove her dress - was she really this fixated on the mage? "Why?" she managed, struggling to keep eye contact with the princess as she went redder and redder. "Why me?" She was always hidden under her robes, but it wasn't like the other girls in the party weren't easy on the eyes either. The Valter sisters were alright (Angus certainly thought so anyway), and Sidney... well, had a nice butt too, to say the least. Why pick her? It wasn't like she was hiding anything special...

The answer meant nothing of course, but what else could she say to all of that? Claire had no words, face resting somewhere between distress and utter confusion. It wasn't like Cass wasn't pretty enough, but how do you even respond to someone this forward? There just... wasn't a way.

"Why?" Cass scoffed, but slowly lost her smile, standing up straight and planting a finger on her chin. "Why..." Well... "Because you've been nothing but kind to me from day one. You're always snarky around Kearney, and you outright despise Emmet-- let's not cut corners, really. You like Owen, but you... Let me act like a regular girl. You listen when I say not to call me Princess-- whether it's because I'm the Princess or not means little to me; you call me Cass, and it feels nice. And I'd rather you not try to hide it, Claire, you're rather adorable. This long black hair, emerald eyes; and you wish me to believe you're nothing special? Please."

Cass giggled to herself, running the hand on her chin across Claire's cheek, smiling with a sigh. "You truly are beautiful, so why not~? Unless I am so truly deplorable that you couldn't fathom the thought. Being with another woman, ugh, how disgusting~ I'm sure Esclabor would be turning up his nose-- or vomiting, depending on his drink intake. Ah, well..."

Please stop talking please stop talking please stop talking. How could she get Cass to stop talking? Claire struggled to avert her eyes, having never felt more flustered. Somewhere along the line the princess' words began to feel less like drunken lust and more like they were spoken from the heart. And while that would've been great were she not already burning with embarrassment, as things were... she couldn't cope with it.

"Please stop..." The voice was barely more than a whisper, watching the princess sheepishly as the subject switched to her appearance. Despite everything, Claire took a step forwards, and before Cass could respond, pressed her lips into the princess'. That was definitely NOT the right way to quieten her down, but logic had completely failed her by this point. She couldn't pull away though - the mage was just... frozen there. How do you even... a voice at the back of her head scolded herself, but it washed over her completely. What a ridiculous situation...

"Hmm? Did you say-- Mmph? Mm!" Cass blushed, surprised Claire had actually done... This. She froze herself, her drunken bravado only good for words. Slowly she kissed her back, letting claire step back just a foot after, with a very surprised gape on her face. "Well... I, er... You kiss nice." She snorted a bit, covering her mouth before it turned into a full on laugh. "I'm quite surprised you did that, Claire... Was my pushing not for nothing?" It was Claire's turn to fess up, as Cass stood there quietly, the drunken redness on her cheeks not lessening in any way.

If nothing else, Claire had succeeded at keeping Cass quiet for... well, she wasn't sure how long it'd been before they broke away. The exasperated voice soon faded, replaced instead with a distinct feeling of satisfaction - from not only the kiss, but Cass' bewildered expression as she withdrew. Okay, it was worth it. Especially now that neither girl knew exactly what to say. "Yeah, erm... beginners luck?" she offered in response, suddenly aware of what she'd been missing out on.

"You say that I make you feel like a normal girl, but I've never felt that way about myself..." A brief silence passed, as Claire considered her words. She had the sinking feeling that she would regret this later, but still... "I've always been quiet since my dad- well, since I left for Wihtwar. Studying over socialising and all of that. I can't say that I regret it, but well, since I've come back things have been a lot nicer - in spite of the circumstances. It made me feel like I've missed things, you know? And you've just been, just..." She sighed, her words had ended up completely scrambled. She continued more slowly, suddenly feeling very exposed again. "You've been a big part of that. Talking with me; helping me out of my shell; comforting me when I'm down, so... thank you." She soon realised that she'd basically dodged the question, but she hoped that Cass understood.

Now that Claire was actually talking instead of being a flustered mess, Cass was grounding herself more in the conversation, listening-- as best as she could! --to what Claire was saying. It was pitiable, but ended on a positive note. Cass smiled, letting out a small, single laugh. "Of course. You were so quiet when we started this lovely adventure, but since you finally started talking, whether it was out of necessity or out of want, you've been more than a source of interesting discussion. And you're pretty. And I like having a girl my age around that isn't Adele... She's... Well, more than a friend-- or has been, ugh." That was another topic.

She sighed, shaking her head. "I'm sorry, Claire. I'm still definitely buzzed, but this talk has sobered me up enough. I apologize for tossing myself at you like that... A bout of desperation let through by my lacking inhibitions. All my fault, of course. That was... It was a nice kiss. But I won't push you to go further, anymore. If you want to still talk, I can keep you safe from Nona, but... Well, if not, I appreciate the consideration, at least." A wry smile donned itself on Cass' face, a look she liked to keep. Always making a mistake out of herself, at least once a day~

Edited by Nanami Touko

My precious
Malaphar looked over at Emmet, the man possibly in the worst state of the party. "Tell me, Emmet. How many drinks have you consumed tonight?" he asked, taking a sip from his own glass. "I believe it is more than the number of savages I've murdered, you've probably lost count."
Emmet's arrow landed squarely in the middle of the chandaliere, causing the lighting to sway wildly as its links began to loosen. Emily had appeared at Emmet's side, looking up at Emmet's target in awe. "Did the boss tell you to get rid of the light? I bet he did! I can help you if you like, I could probably even melt it!" she chirped, jumping up and down on the spot.

"There's only one drink I'm interested in, fiend. And it's one worth killing over" was what Emmet intended to say but it came out more like "Themph fzzl nne ma restin fefufand iss worsz carl ever." An irritating voice could be heard by his side but he pushed the distraction away roughly and notched another arrow. However the world decided to to start spinning, much to Emmet's annoyance. He tried to shoot anyway but once again missed Malaphar. This time the arrow flew quite wide and knocked someone's drink right out of their hand.

Edited by Jotari

While Cass seeming to be more clear headed now came as a relief, Claire couldn't help but feel a little guilty about how she felt about the whole ordeal. Perhaps the princess had pressed the issue, but there was still another party involved. "You shouldn't apologise to me Cass." She pursed her lips. It was the mage's turn to shake her head in disappointment.

"I was the one who kissed you, after all. I'm glad that you returned it and enjoyed it, because, ha..." She stopped to chuckle for a moment. Engel knew that she would never be able to live it down if Cass hadn't. "I can't exactly say I only did it to give you what you wanted." Admitting her feelings bluntly was a tough task, but Claire figured that this made her clear enough.

"Either way, we can stay here. I don't really fancy chancing running into Nona again-" The sound of smashing glass was barely audible elsewhere in the party. She smiled briefly at Cass, although her eyes lingered below her face. "You might want to do something about your dress though." It was still just kind of hanging there, and if anyone came in here, Claire wasn't sure what they'd think.

"I shouldn't? Why... Ohhhhh... Hmmmmhmhmhm~" Cass smugly grinned and stepped up next to Claire, standing shoulder to shoulder with the mage. "So there's a nice touch of coy underneath that meek, squeaking exterior, hmm? Interesting. I'll have to keep that in mind. And maybe let you take the lead, since you seem so keen on it~" Cass laughed again, the drunken snorting starting to fade away some. "Staying here, though... Oof, what are they doing in there? What a relief. Hmmm... Why magic then, Claire?"

It was some worth talking about, while she was taunting Claire, bare shoulder pressed up against her. Oh, she'd heard the mention of her dress, but she'd ignored it, for now. This was far more amusing. See how long Claire could hold her composure. Cass idly looked at her nails, then at Claire, waiting for an answer, the innocent look at her face one of the biggest lies she'd ever told.