FE14 Birthright - Trivia Draft

Jedi

This was a funny draft type that I haven't seen Fates use quite yet, so I decided to do it, in this you pick from hints, and after everyone has selected their various numbers from said hints. I reveal what their actual teams are.

Good luck, you'll need it. Also Refa helped me make a good chunk of these hints so thank you. (If you question how weird it is, it probably is one of his)

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 4 players
2. Corrin, Gunter, Felicia/Jakob*, and Azura are free for all
3. The game will played on Hard Classic mode
4. Children units come with their fathers. (ex: Midori comes together with Kaze)

5. Drafters will choose from hints instead of the actual units!

Exceptions:
1. Only the servant that joins you in chapter 2 is a free unit. The other is a draftable unit that joins in Chapter 15. The first servant may not reclass to a mounted class until the second one is obtained.
2. All units are free until Chapter 7.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may: pair up with undrafted units and trade with undrafted/drafted units (but must not be in range of a drafted unit when battling)
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to: pairing up with drafted units, entering batte, meatshielding, providing auras, activating dragon veins, healing and supporting with drafted units.
3. NPC units may do as they please without penalty.
4. Paralogues excluding 1 are optional and are free up to 20 turns. Paralogue 1 must be completed immediately after Chapter 7. You cannot visit a paralogue if you do not have a draftable unit to recruit (you can't visit Kana's, Dwyer's or Shigure's paralogue if you have not drafted them)
5. Challenge battles are banned, as are any invasion battles.
6. Use of DLC and Spotpass (including Free Content) is strictly prohibited.

7. Corrin may pass on classes, but cannot reclass (this is usually a rule I dno why it wasn't here)

My Castle Rules:
1. You may build, upgrade, and use any of the following: Armoury, Rod Store, Lilith's Temple, and Hot Springs. Using any other building is prohibited. This means you cannot use the capture command with Orochi, since a Prison should not exist.
2. You may build and upgrade any puppet for the purpose of recruiting Yukimura.
3. You may not use weapons given to you by allies in my castle.
4. You may only spend one Dragon Vein point per chapter (and paralogue). The exception is when you first gain access to My Castle, you can visit other castles to gain an extra dragon vein point to build both an armory and rod store in case you want to heart seal someone immediately.

Penalties:
1. Use of an undrafted unit is a 10 turn penalty.

Your Hints

1. Doesn't wear a head accessory
2. Has brown hair
3. Base Def Growth (without class bonuses) is around 40% (5 point difference + or - from that)
4. Has 3 base skills
5. Joins your team automatically
6. Has one C weapon rank
7. Nohrian Scum
8. Joins with an e rank weapon
9. I have Basara as a class option
10. I can use Shurikens
11. Base Str Growth (without class bonuses) is around 50% (5 point difference + or - from that)
12. Is initially or can reclass into a class that's weak to Beast Killers (without the use of A+/S supports)
13. Was Born in Hoshido
14. Is a worthwhile unit (AKA has as as much or more base strength than FE7!Marcus)
15. Has a base luck growth of 50% or higher
16. I can fly
17. Has a facial marking
18. a Retainer of noblity
19. Was born on an even day
20. Can use swords in their base class tree
21. Too slow for Hoshido (has a personal speed less than 40%)
22. Part of Kaze's Harem
23. Name starts with an S
24. I can use staves in my base class set
25. Is not a Top 10 member of the esteemed r/Fire Emblem tier list" https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/4h752t/rfireemblem_makes_a_birthright_tier_list_final/
26. Has an inferior localized name
27. I have an unimpressive Personal Skill
28. I don't have Holy (Dragon) Blood

Carmine Sword - Subaki+Caedori(26), Mozu(20), Shura(24), Takumi+Kiragi(12), Scarlet(23), Saizo+Gaius(1), Hana(28) + Rinkah
Finalinsanity - Reina(18), Yukimura(19), Ryoma+Shiro(5), Kaden+Selkie(14), Dwyer(27), Sakura(15), Felicia 16(7) + Rinkah
Ether - Shigure(16), Orochi(8), Azama+Mitama(11), Kaze+Midori(13), Hayato+Rhajat(2), Kagero(9), Hinoka(22) + Rinkah
General Horace - Silas+Sophie(6), Jakob 16(21), Oboro(3), Setsuna(10), Hinata+Pickle Boy(17), Kana(25), Izana(4) + Rinkah

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure why not. Is Rule 5 not supposed to be there, or is this actually a SOYO Trivia? Either way I'm in.

Thats what I get for copying and pasting Horaces last draft, its not a SOYO haha. Thanks for pointing it out and thanks for joining.

I'm not the best at these, but the concept looks fun. Let's try it.

EDIT: Not the most familiar with what the draft rules encompass, does no DLC include path bonus, or is that considered separately?

Edited by Ether

45d5f845bf1450bf61caea249d8f0dc1.png

The order for drafting has been revealed! Best of luck!

I'm not the best at these, but the concept looks fun. Let's try it.

EDIT: Not the most familiar with what the draft rules encompass, does no DLC include path bonus, or is that considered separately?

DLC would include Path Bonuses, if I recall. Horace & Carmine would know for sure when they get in here.

Alright. Also, these two rules appear to contradict one another:

1. Only the servant that joins you in chapter 2 is a free unit. The other is a draftable unit that joins in Chapter 15. The first servant may not reclass to a mounted class until the second one is obtained.

7. The chapter 2 Servant may not use the Heart Seal, Partner Seal or Friendship Seal items.

Since the first implies that after chapter 15, the servant may reclass to a mounted unit, with no mention of restrictions for non-mounted reclasses.

I also assume rule 8 is another carryover from SOYO

I know almost nothing about the characters birthdays which is why picking "19; Was born on an even day" seems like a good idea.

So what's the verdict on servant reclassing? Since Ether pointed out that Exception 1 and Rule 7 seem to conflict.