Guess I finally made an account

Koumal8

It took me 10 minutes just to come up with a title... I'm so excited! Koumal8 here, lurking since 2013... hello everyone!

I always loved fantasy and JRPGs (turn-based ones in particular because time management just... scares me... so much...) so when I discovered Fire Emblem (I was in middle school I think and had just read the third Eragon book) it was love at first sight: I have played FE4-6-7-8-9 (only up to chapter 15 or something like that though)-10-11-12-13-14 (I haven't finished Revelations yet, such a disappointing game!), Seisen no Keifu being my absolute favourite.

Putting Fire Emblem aside, I like to say that "there's no thing that I can understand that does not fascinate me" so... make of that what you will, I guess :P: My main interests are European history and military history up until the end of the Middle Ages, mythology, zoology (it would be more fair to say that I still have a childish passion for animals, I actually don't know anything more than the average person about them) and competitive pokemon battling (to be fair once again, I suck so hard that it's been 2 months since the last time I played). I also used to read the blog of a young paleontologist, but I found his posts too complicated so I stopped (I hope to delve into paleontology again in the future, maybe I'll study something at university that will let me understand it better).

I hope I'll have a good time here in the Forest and... well, Merry Christmas!

Welcome to Serenes, and Merry Christmas. I'm sure you'll find a welcoming crowd here.

Oh history? I quite like history although I tend to study more Chinese (Three Kingdoms), Ancient Greek History and Japanese history (The Sengoku period in particular).

As far as history is concerned, I'm waiting for "school pressure" to lessen: I have Tacitus' Historiae and a book on Frederick II Hohenstaufen on the shelf but, as I said, I'm very, very bad at time management, not only in videogames. The last book I read was a very detailed and interesting essay on the Battle of Lepanto (a bit too late for my tastes, but I received it as a gift, so...) I'd love to know more about the Sengoku period, i mean, who wouldn't?! I just don't trust Italian historians enough on the subject and I don't feel comfortable enough to read history books in English. Actually, do you know of any movie on that period that you would recommend? (I have watched like 6 movies in my entire life and I definitely feel like I'm missing out on a wonderful artistic medium)

We've got another history buff on this website. Things shall be. . .interesting if the two of you find each other~!

Ahem. . .welcome to SF~! Don't forget to read the rules and all~!

(end generic greeting)