Lon'qu

MeddlingMage

• 2 weeks later...

What about Gerome?

Sure he might not be the best option but if Lonqu is Gerome's father then Gerome arguably

gets pretty good stats as a Wyvern Lord in terms of both his stat growths and caps.

Edited by CatManThree

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I love Olivia/Lon'qu and Cherche/Lon'qu, they are not that good if you want optimization.

I'd say that either Laurent or Brady is a good alternative.

Lon'qu is very good for magical units in my opinion, as it doesn't screw their magic stat.

For Laurent, he gets a nice boost in stats (4 magic, 5 skill and speed), he would be a very good vengance/wrarth/vantange unit in my opinion. Especially if you give him a forged ruin tome (got 100% crit with him more that one time).

As for Brady, he's very well known for being a good unit himself. With Lon'qu, he would get 3 magic, 5 skill and 4 speed/luck, which is pretty nice. You could use him as either an attacker or support unit with dual guard. I would recommend making him a sage or a dread fighter depending on how you want to use him. Even though i'm not that fond of reclassing in awakening. 

I hope that this can be a little helpful to you.

Out of interest, how good is Yarne with Lon'qu as his father? I generally marry units based on ship rather than child stats, and Lon'qu always finds himself with Panne.

he's alright.  yarne's best build is hard support berserker, which he already has at base.  he's just looking to boost his accuracy.  lon'qu doesn't give him hit+20 or hexathama so he's not ideal, but at least you have +skl mods and access to the wyvern tree for breakers.  

in general any pairs will "work" in the game, it's just that some pairs are better than others.  and yarne will always have axefaire/berserker, so it's hard to mess him up. 

I had Lon'qu!Noire in one playthrough, and she ended up being a tank. Her stats are overall pretty good except her magic and res; at level 20, she has a speed of 45 and skill of 42. Lon'qu and Tharja's support is great too. I married them 3 years ago and I could still remember their support.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2016 at 5:11 PM, Radiant head said:

his other best kid is brady. both severa and brady have basically a complete skill set, and just want lon'qu's +spd modifier.

I disagree.

Severa with Astra is amazing.