In comparison to other FEs, how easy would a BR recruitment swap run be?

NoMommaGarchomp

How easy would it be?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How easy?

• Easiest of them all
    • One of the easiest in the series, though not exactly the easiest
    • It would be a game of average difficulty, leaning towards easy
    • It would be a game of average difficulty, leaning towards hard
    • It would be one of the hardest in the series, though not exactly the hardest
    • Hardest of them all

By recruitment swap, I mean CQ characters will be recruited instead of BR characters. Characters will be replaced with their counterparts from CQ, and their counterparts get the same base stats and starting items as their CQ incarnations, with the same supports as CQ. For Neutrals, they have the same recruitment time as normal. With Rev supports.

E.g Ryoma -> Xander

Takumi -> Leo

Sakura -> Elise

Hinoka -> Camilla (LOL)
Retainers of BR royal -> Retainer of counterpart CQ Royal
Yukimura -> Flora

Scarlet -> Gunter (Mid game pre-promote...)

Hayato -> Nyx

Also, because these have no apparent counterpart:
Orochi -> Charlotte

Rinkah -> Benny

Edit: Thanks to Alastor15243 for pointing out an error of mine.

Edited by NoMommaGarchomp

BR is already one of the easiest FE, and you'd get Camilla of all things at chapter 8, and you would be able to grind her without DLCs. I think it could drop at FE8's level.

Edited by Sartek

With Birthright's inferior enemy AI Xander would steamroll the second half of the game due to his obscene defense. Give him Falcon Knight Selena for res and enough healing items and I think he could damned well solo it. Especially since Nohrian enemies are slower than Hoshidan ones in general.

FE8 exists. Birthright is easy and this idea would probably make it even easier.... but it's not FE8.

I think FE9 is still much easier than 8, as is probably 3. (As much as I love 3 its quite the easy easy game).

Let's see:

- Effie shows up in a map full of physical units

- Camilla and her gang show up in a desert chapter

- Charlotte and Benny show up way earlier

That's already a lot of hard advantage. The only disadvantage is that Niles and Odin show up later, but that's about it.

Edited by eggclipse

Let's see:- Effie shows up in a map full of physical units- Camilla and her gang show up in a desert chapter- Charlotte and Benny show up way earlierThat's already a lot of hard advantage. The only disadvantage is that Niles and Odin show up later, but that's about it.

I wonder how AI Niles would react to having locked doors on his join Map. I love the image of Niles ignoring Corrin to get treasure.

I think FE9 is still much easier than 8, as is probably 3. (As much as I love 3 its quite the easy easy game).

Hmm.. I think FE3 has it's UI issue but it's not necessarily that hard. I'm assuming you're talking Book 2 and not the remake part of FE3. FE9 I think is on the level if FE8 but Titania isn't as powerful as Seth. She's still OP but not to the same degree. Of course this is difference of opinion at this point though so /shrug/.

I wonder how AI Niles would react to having locked doors on his join Map. I love the image of Niles ignoring Corrin to get treasure.

Well, considering how said doors are on the other end of the map, I'm not sure it would be much different. Even considering the fact he'd be the one closer to an entryway (yes, there's a way to easily counterpart Camilla's and Leo's retainers within each other [the other six retainer pairs give the rally item to the male and the healing item to the female], Niles would be Oboro's counterpart, while Beruka would be Azama's counterpart), the nearest door is still almost all the way on the other side, and Corrin's probably closer. It's probably the tougher task to determine if it's still Zola that (in this case) Takumi would be hunting, or if Zola would have a reasonable Hoshidan equivalent (I'm wagering the former since Zola appears all three ways normally)...

Yeah, she doesn't seem to have a counterpart, does she? And certainly not a flying one who could actually spawn in the location Reina does.

The only thing I can really think of is replacing "Scarlet" with Fuga. And "Reina" with Wyvern Lord Gunter.... I know it doesn't make too much sense, but I believe Gunter can heart seal into a Wyvern Lord

The only thing I can really think of is replacing "Scarlet" with Fuga. And "Reina" with Wyvern Lord Gunter.... I know it doesn't make too much sense, but I believe Gunter can heart seal into a Wyvern Lord

Wouldn't Scarlet be replaced by Flora? And yes, Gunter can go Wyvern Lord.

Wyvern Lord Gunter explains how he escaped you-know-where.

Rinkah is actually the one without a counterpart. charlotte and Benny are a pair, but orochi and Reina are another.

...Ideally there would be some shenanigans to make Camilla join in Reina's place, with someone or perhaps no-one taking her place in C8.

Conquest on the other hand would suck, difficulty-wise. With all the Bow/Yumi enemies from chapter 9 onward, Subaki and Hinoka are dead weight and/or dead meat, Hana can't exactly be called a tank, as much as I like her, so no chokepoints during Chapter 7, although she wouldn't be bothered by Speed Seal too much, I suppose. Takumi would also become nigh unusable due to his low level at Leo's jointime (level 11 Archer doesn't cut it at that point, Fujin Yumi or not), although Chapter 8 would get easier with Oboro and Hinata having at least SOME tanking capabilities, which Niles and Odin are severely lacking in. Chapter 10 would be even more of a hell without Camilla and Beruka, although the third healer might make for some interesting strategies.

This is, of course, assuming that the enemies stay the same (except recruitable characters, for very obvious reasons).

Conquest on the other hand would suck, difficulty-wise. With all the Bow/Yumi enemies from chapter 9 onward, Subaki and Hinoka are dead weight and/or dead meat, Hana can't exactly be called a tank, as much as I like her, so no chokepoints during Chapter 7, although she wouldn't be bothered by Speed Seal too much, I suppose. Takumi would also become nigh unusable due to his low level at Leo's jointime (level 11 Archer doesn't cut it at that point, Fujin Yumi or not), although Chapter 8 would get easier with Oboro and Hinata having at least SOME tanking capabilities, which Niles and Odin are severely lacking in. Chapter 10 would be even more of a hell without Camilla and Beruka, although the third healer might make for some interesting strategies.

This is, of course, assuming that the enemies stay the same (except recruitable characters, for very obvious reasons).

CQ requires balancing. Luckily DeathChaos25 wasn't a fool and actually modified the bases for the swap mod he made.

But i need to say this: Azama is practically dead weight. He can be partially useful as a bait for oboro as Seal strength massively screws over Hinoka. Unless you are willing to give him a heart seal (assuming path bonuses and DLC are all banned), he doesn't contribute enough.

Well. In a run with Felicia anyways.

Also, Hana: she won't have enough SPd to double anyone in C7, so yeah. Seal Speed doesn't bother her too much.

• 2 weeks later...