How would you have handled Corrin's family?

BlueBloodEmblazer

In my current LP of Conquest, I changed a lot of things. First thing first, the entire story is undergoing changes to fit the Pacific Theatre of World War II, Hoshido becomes the oppressive Axial nation, Nohr is the radiant democracy liberating Asia, and Garon/Iago are secretly Nazi sympathisers plotting to overthrow Roosevelt's administration. As for family matters:

• I eventually wrote out Lilith from the story outside of cameos,
  • I eventually wrote Arete as the former Ambassador to Hoshido, with Azura as her daughter and I'm going to retcon the story so that Azura is just a family friend to Garon's.
  • Most importantly, I made Corrin more sure of himself in siding with the United States of Nohr, and fight the war to show the error of the Hoshidans in their conquest in Asia. I also made Corrin act generally less enthusiastic about his Hoshidan family - no, he has live too far long with Xander and the others.
  • Since I didn't touch on the supports at all, I'm also going to write out the concubine wars entirely, and have Xander, Elise, and Leo as more normal kids. Camilla could be adopted from a family friend. (Just for the record, I did not S-support any of my Nohrian siblings either.)
  • Hinoka would be indoctrinated with Hoshidan nationalism, and would be much less forgiving towards Corrin becoming a traitor or hikokumin to Hoshido. Sakura, however, laments the social/political state of Hoshido and secretly hopes that Corrin's campaign would succeed.
  • Valla will be written out entirely as well; my Kamui/Corrin was born Hoshidan as third in line. An accident on sea happened, and Kamui was presumed dead - but he was eventually found, and adopted by Garon's family. (As for Conquest Chapter 15, the Vallite units are portrayed as German/Italian fleets in the Atlantic.)
  • As for why the Nohrian kids are more heroic than their father? That was because of their late mother Katerina who was kind yet strong-headed. The children are actually emotionally distant from their father due to Katerina doing 95% of the kids-raising, while Garon is a career-seeking workaholic.
Edited by henrymidfields

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the middle of rewriting Conquest as well. Of the family members:

- Xander doesn't even go with Corrin, because someone has to keep an eye on Nohr

- Camilla's the one who does the political intrigue thing

- Leo is tactical, blunt, and awful with emotions

- Elise does what she wants with no regards to the rules (I'll write that out later)

- Ryoma is "duty over everything"

- Hinoka. . .is a surprise (her chapter's coming up)

- Takumi is pretty pathetic, TBH. Sakura keeps having to bail his ass.

- Sakura is the main character

- Corrin was killed off in Chapter 5

- Azura mostly keeps to herself, but should get some character development as the army marches into Hoshido

. . .and all of this is off of a draft run, which means that I picked the characters for gameplay reasons, and wrote the story around that.

I'm in the middle of rewriting Conquest as well. Of the family members:

- Xander doesn't even go with Corrin, because someone has to keep an eye on Nohr

- Camilla's the one who does the political intrigue thing

- Leo is tactical, blunt, and awful with emotions

- Elise does what she wants with no regards to the rules (I'll write that out later)

- Ryoma is "duty over everything"

- Hinoka. . .is a surprise (her chapter's coming up)

- Takumi is pretty pathetic, TBH. Sakura keeps having to bail his ass.

- Sakura is the main character

- Corrin was killed off in Chapter 5

- Azura mostly keeps to herself, but should get some character development as the army marches into Hoshido

. . .and all of this is off of a draft run, which means that I picked the characters for gameplay reasons, and wrote the story around that.

Those are some interesting choices. I'd like to see where you take it.

Those are some interesting choices. I'd like to see where you take it.

It's in the Fire Emblem Drafts subforum. I've been updating it, slowly. Currently stuck on Chapter 25, the writing is up to Chapter 20. There's a LOT I want to include, but I can't fit it all!

Sakura's a far more interesting main character than Corrin ever was. Some parts of the story write itself (not sure how to explain it better).