Games You Like That Everyone Else Hates

Rezzy

People who are familiar with a question I always ask in interviews, but I thought I'd make a thread dedicated to the question above.

One game that I didn't realize was so unpopular until the advent of people complaining about games on the internet is Bubsy on the SNES. I unironically like it, or at least enjoyed it when I played it 20 years ago, but it seems that it is universally bashed whenever I see it mentioned.

Anyone else want to share theirs?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Digimon, everybody calls it a rip-off of Pokemon but I don't care I love both.

Seriously, the only ones that I actually found that were bad was Digimon World 2 and 3. DW4 doesn't count because that was a spin off and it's still not *that* bad. But yeah, I do like the Digimon series quite a bit.

Also, I like XCOM: The Bureau. People acted like it was trash. I thought it was decent. I kinda like it.

Metroid: Other M.

Seconding this. It's not the best Metroid game ever and does have some serious issues but it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Likewise Federation Force was a more than adequate experience. People were way too harsh on that one before it even came out.

Ace attorney: Justice for all

It's certainly considered the weakest of the original trilogy but I don't think fans generally consider it a bad game. The final case at least is near universally loved. I've seen Apollo Justice get a lot more flak than Justice for All

Edited by Jotari

Seconding this. It's not the best Metroid game ever and does have some serious issues but it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Likewise Federation Force was a more than adequate experience. People were way too harsh on that one before it even came out.

It's certainly considered the weakest of the original trilogy but I don't think fan generally consider it a bad game. The final case at least is near universally loved. I've seen Apollo Justice get a lot more flak than Justice for All

Yeah I guess you're right about that.

Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object

People hate UFO?

Everybody is an absolute, though, and I presume there's no game that only one person in the world likes... On the DQ forum I go on, VI seems to get the most dislike aimed at it, even though I know there are other DQVI fans on there. So I guess that's the closest? VI is my favorite DQ game, so.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star, New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Uh... most everyone who isn't a Melee diehard likes it. It's the highest selling (and highest critically rated) title in the series.

Anyways, I liked Monster Hunter long before it was cool (back when it was pretty much derided). A bit of an odd case, but I feel like I should to contribute to the thread if I'm going to post in it.

Edited by The DanMan

Quest 64

I can admit that it's a pretty awful game but it was an amusing enough time waster for me back in the day.

Edited by Peppy

Conception II Children of the seven stars is the one game I like that I have never seen anyone even talk about at all, let alone play. I found it to be hilarious in some parts and the game play is typical Altus. I think the main reason people hate on it is because the first one was a Japanese only release.

Preferring 4th Gen Pokemon as one of their favourite gens is a definite no no in certain places, so that might count?

Definitely liking Phantom Hourglass is one.

Can't think of much else. Not really a controversial player to be honest.