Super Emblem Bros. - Who is the best FE character in Smash ever?

voltimer

79 members have voted

1. 1. WHO IS THE BEST?

So, Smash has a lot of Fire Emblem reps now, but who is really the best one?

It doesn't matter what your reasoning is for your pick or which games you take into account. Just pick one and we can settle the matter once and for all!

Edited by 11volt

Marth. Hes been consistently good in every smash hes been in due to an incredibly effective moveset. The only time he has sucked is in the first version of smash 4, where he lacked the range to carry out his gameplan.

marth for the same reasons pkl mentioned. he's unquestiknably the best in melee and brawl and generally agreed upon as the best in sm4sh.

Edited by Comet

Ike, since he got so many good buffs in Smash Wii U/3DS. His moves are a bit faster and his aerials in particular are deadly. He also has a lot of ways to KO, be it one of his strongest moves like his smash attacks, spiking with d-air, pushing them back with f-air, or gimping with Aether at the edge of the stage. And of course, he's heavy which makes him tougher to KO than a lot of characters. He also gets Tempest which can also be good for gimping people. Aether Wave can also help keep opponents far away, but not too far that Ike's own moves are out of reach due to their crazy range.

I also have a bit of bias though, because it's Ike. lol

In my own subjective categories of: Hype, Unique, Design, Palette, Overall

Hype: Ike wins for being the most hype to play as. There's just something that always feels good when you a get nice smack on someone. Even better when its multiple

Unique: Robin undeniably wins in terms of uniqueness. I WISH I could play as them, but to no avail. They also have the most hype Final Smash

Design: All of the previous FE characters got a redesign, so this kind of takes the newer ones out of the equation for only having one to go off of. Out of those three though, while Marth's looks cool af and Ike's is manly af (even if it took to time to actually take), Roy's badass af. He had the best DLC look in Awakening and to have his look a combination of his original look and that caught me completely off guard. Definitely Roy

Palette: As much as I like the formers' designs, this one's kind of leans in favor of the newer ones, for being more "outside the box", so to speak. However, despite this, there are some that are hit/miss. For Robin, I only actually like 5/8 with a slight leaning toward female, and out of 6/8 with Corrin, a strong lean to male. Lucina on the other hand, has completely unique palettes derived from Awakening units. Even if I don't like all of the choices, their uniqueness alone is enough to make Lucina the winner here

Overall: Marth wins overall out of always being my MVP throughout Smash in general. Along with just being generally good for me, while he didn't win best in my other categories, thats not to say that he isn't a contender, for he ranks pretty high in all but unique for me. Were it not for Lucina's unique palettes I would have said him for generally liking 7/8 of his colors. Marth's hella hype once you get that tipper and never does it dissatify. Marth gets my vote

Why are people saying Marth is good all of a sudden? Before, everyone was going on about how bad he was. :/

He got a lot of buffs that increased his range and power coupled with the tipper mechanic makes him deadly. His only real flaws are a lack of landing options when he's up in the air and a less risky Out of shield move. If you want to know the current state of smash, Ike is slowly being considered less and less leading people to think he's become the worst FE rep.

Personally, I think he's a solid mid-tier but everyone who used to use him now transferred to Corrin or Roy which makes him a rare sight these days in tourney play. He also lacks recent results.

Edited by Raguna

He got a lot of buffs that increased his range and power coupled with the tipper mechanic makes him deadly. His only real flaws are a lack of landing options when he's up in the air and a less risky Out of shield move. If you want to know the current state of smash, Ike is slowly being considered less and less leading people to think he's become the worst FE rep.

That makes no sense. Ike got a lot of good buffs too, but when I point this out, others just say "well other characters also got buffs." Why does this excuse not apply to Marth as well?

And Ike is not the worst FE rep at all. That's probably Roy or Lucina.

Edited by Anacybele

That makes no sense. Ike got a lot of good buffs too, but when I point this out, others just say "well other characters also got buffs." Why does this excuse not apply to Marth as well?

And Ike is not the worst FE rep at all. That's probably Roy or Lucina.

No, Roy is NOT the worst FE rep fam, like Melee or not, I sure as hell don't, Melee made Marth and Roy for all intents and purposes mainstream FE characters, even if Marth already had that spot. Hell, Roy was going to be in Brawl if his nearly completed development files indicate anything, and development hell cut him, so he is not the worst FE rep. I can't argue Lucina, even if I like her more than Ike, since she WAS supposed to be a alt pallet initially

Pre-patch Ike was really, really bad. His buffs help him a lot but he still has the glaring weaknesses of a standard heavy character: slow, combo food, and a bad recovery, which is a super bad combination. Marth is much faster and has little trouble killing, less so than Ike if anything, and he's better in the other areas. Tipper forward smash is insane and is fast enough to be a reliable punish move in competitive play. His other moves are strong woth the tip too and can be confirmed into with jab.

As for the worst representative, Roy probably accomplished the least, though he has fire which is always cool. I guess Lucina is close to Roy since Robin does the same thing but better, but it's not like she does any harm.

and marth is the coolest followed by lucina imo.

Edited by Comet

No, Roy is NOT the worst FE rep fam, like Melee or not, I sure as hell don't, Melee made Marth and Roy for all intents and purposes mainstream FE characters, even if Marth already had that spot. Hell, Roy was going to be in Brawl if his nearly completed development files indicate anything, and development hell cut him, so he is not the worst FE rep. I can't argue Lucina, even if I like her more than Ike, since she WAS supposed to be a alt pallet initially

Um, what does this all have to do with how good or bad Roy is in the game? I said Roy is probably the worst in terms of tiers and useability and such. I do consistently see him put low on tier lists these days, now that I think about it.

Oh yeah, this reminds me, I forgot yet another way Ike can easily KO, and that's his f-tilt. Just...omg the buff this move got. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Marth, of course. He can shutdown a good deal of the cast through good spacing and can hold his own against top tiers. This is just Smash 4, of course. He's broken as fuck in Melee and is still ridiculous in Brawl.

Lol this is Marth with no question. Why is it even a debate?

He's probably the most consistently good character in Smash history aside from like Fox or Pikachu.

46a769cd7f629a26ca794f22d9f52c2d.png

99fd2d4e08500d8b907fa3f1f3b684e4.png

35d164a08e726eff8f2063047c444c13.png

(note that his position in Smash 4 is currently projected to increase)

I think Marth and Roy are probably the most iconic, a lot of people's first exposure to FE was through Melee, whilst Lucina, Robin and Corrin are representing FE's new found popularity in the eye of Nintendo fans. That does leave Ike as a black sheep, but he at least functions as a playable character!

I can agree that Marth is overall the best in the series. Even in his worst incarnation in Smash 4, he's still a great character to use.

The ones I enjoy using the most are Corrin and Roy, and I also prefer Lucina over Marth because Lucy bias. I could never get used to Robin, and I don't like using Ike much anymore since Brawl. I guess his bad recovery really killed him for me.

Well... the depends in exactly which aspect?

The most competitive viable character?

The best designed moveset gameplay-wise?

The best designed moveset representation (character and unit class) wise?

The best designed appearance-wise?

There a lot of interesting question to discuss who is the best :D

I think Marth and Roy are probably the most iconic, a lot of people's first exposure to FE was through Melee, whilst Lucina, Robin and Corrin are representing FE's new found popularity in the eye of Nintendo fans. That does leave Ike as a black sheep, but he at least functions as a playable character!

Roy more iconic than Ike? Not really. Ike has had more exposure and more appearances in games worldwide, and also seems to be more popular given recent polls lately, like the Famitsu one.

I credit Marth and Roy for bringing FE to the west, but over the years, Ike's arguably become the second most iconic behind the tiara-wearing prince who started it all.

Edited by Anacybele