Master Seals and Class Change

So guys, I've looted a lot of Idolaspheres and got several Master Seals. I want to get all the good session skills by switching each character to both options and get all the good skills. Question is, if it is adviceable to do it now in the middle of Ch. 5, or should I get all the class exclusive skills and then switch to the other option?

An extra question is if one gets unlimited Master Seals at some point of the game?

You should be promoting as soon as you're getting Master Seals, since there's no disadvantage to it; when you promote, all of your stats increase (for the most part. I think for one Mirage one of the promotions lowers their Skill slightly), and three new Carnages open up for whatever class you promoted into. You also get enough Master Seals in the game to promote and class change everyone at least once. So to answer your extra question: no, there is a limited number of Master Seals.

If you're trying to get as many Master Seals as you can, then a good tip is to promote into the class you don't want to stay in first, in order to unlock the unique Carnages from that class, then class change into the class you do want to permanently stay in.

Edited by Blusis

Yeah I already have promoted all of them, and have learnt so far at least 1 of the exclusive-weapon session skill.

Also, my bad! I promoted them to the options I liked and now will have to change them for the skills, whoops! I guess those are the typical issues of first playthrough ^^'

Also, my bad! I promoted them to the options I liked and now will have to change them for the skills, whoops! I guess those are the typical issues of first playthrough ^^'

I did the same thing. The tip I posted above was something I noticed in hindsight.

do you have to promote into every class you want, though? ive heard that the game isn't that challenging, so locking yourself out of classes doesn't sound too bad, but im not sure so im asking

You haven't got to, no. I certainly didn't beat my Hard mode run using the best skills. But if you want your characters to be the absolute best they can be, then it's something you have to do.

You don't need to stay in a class to get its skills. As soon as a character has spent even a single second in a class, he or she permanently has access to the unique carnages/skills of that class, even if you create/learn them later.

The stat differences between the promoted classes are honestly rather minor so don't worry too much about being in the "right" class at endgame. IMO the best first promotion choice is the one which gives you the skills/carnages you want sooner but you really can't go wrong either way.

You don't need to stay in a class to get its skills. As soon as a character has spent even a single second in a class, he or she permanently has access to the unique carnages/skills of that class, even if you create/learn them later.

The stat differences between the promoted classes are honestly rather minor so don't worry too much about being in the "right" class at endgame. IMO the best first promotion choice is the one which gives you the skills/carnages you want sooner but you really can't go wrong either way.

I personally find the rings have the biggest impact compared to stats in general mostly because they add so much armor it is ridiculous.

Yes. They're expensive, but well worth it!

Oh right, they're awesome and worth it. Every time a new chapter begins, I go to Carabia to buy stuff. Also, I like the idea of character-exclusive accessories that boost certain stats, it gives them a nice boost of uniqueness, and sometimes a niche.

= EDIT =

Also, money is not an issue! I have 4+M yen. Maybe because I grinded weapons at the Arena.

Edited by Quintessence