So I've been challenged by a friend...

DragonFlames

So I've been challenged by a friend to have my male Corrin marry Elise in a future Conquest run on Hard difficulty, because apparently making me seem like a lolicon/pedo is funny or something. What would be a good boon/bane combination and talent to pick, if I also want to use the resulting Kana?

Edited by DragonFlames

Elise has garbage strength and defense and bleh skill and HP, but her other stats, magic, speed, luck, and resistance, are either really high or pretty good, so your Kana is going to be very magic oriented.

Your boon/bane only affects Kana's stat mods (max stat caps). It will NOT affect her stat growths. +Mag -Luck as others have said is probably good.

Make sure your "talent" is a magic class like Dark Mage or Diviner so you can reclass Kana into it. You could keep Kana as a Nohr Princess, but she probably won't be able to do much with swords, the dragon form would be a bit of a waste of her high speed, and she will likely want to stick with ranged combat.

Edited by Delfino

+mag -luck

Second class: mage.

Happy New year!!

Happy New Year to you, too!

I'll second +Mag/-Lck. Elise give's Kana great offensive Magic Growth Rates (barring mediocre Skill), so as long as she can use Tomes, you should be fine.

Yup, +Mag/-Lck sounds good! I think I'll go with that.

Elise has garbage strength and defense and bleh skill and HP, but her other stats, magic, speed, luck, and resistance, are either really high or pretty good, so your Kana is going to be very magic oriented.

Your boon/bane only affects Kana's stat mods (max stat caps). It will NOT affect her stat growths. +Mag -Luck as others have said is probably good.

Make sure your "talent" is a magic class like Dark Mage or Diviner so you can reclass Kana into it. You could keep Kana as a Nohr Princess, but she probably won't be able to do much with swords, the dragon form would be a bit of a waste of her high speed, and she will likely want to stick with ranged combat.

Now I just have to decide between Dark Mage and Diviner. From what I know, Dark Mage is (probably) the better option because of better growths, but Diviner gives Basara and thus Quixotic, which might help a little with hit rates... Any suggestions on that front?

Thanks, all three of you, so far!

Have a happy new year!

Edited by DragonFlames

Happy New Year to you, too!

Yup, +Mag/-Lck sounds good! I think I'll go with that.

Now I just have to decide between Dark Mage and Diviner. From what I know, Dark Mage is (probably) the better option because of better growths, but Diviner gives Basara and thus Quixotic, which might help a little with hit rates... Any suggestions on that front?

Have a happy new year!

Preference mostly. I'd prefer Onmyoji in this situation (Kana will lack the Skill to do an effective crit build as a Sorcerer, while also lacking the Def to really make Nos work. Dark Knight could be a thing though), since it has Weapon rank synergy with Strategist. Edited by Avalanche

Have a happy new year!

I'd go either Dark Mage -> Sorcerer or Diviner -> Onmyoji. Quixotic is nice for hit rates, but you won't get it until level 15 after promoting. It's all up to you, though.

Personally, I'd probably go Diviner -> Onmyoji, mostly because of what Avalanche said. Bowbreaker would be great to have, but you won't get it until level 15, and by then you'd get Tomefaire with Onmyoji to do even more damage. Diviner also gives Future Sight. Although you'll likely replace it later for something better, with Kana's high luck, it'll probably come in handy a few times and, with Nobility, can give her a crudton of exp.

Happy New Year to you too!

I married Elise, and went with +Mag/-Luk, Monk talent (becomes Shrine Maiden for Elise and Kana). Diviner also works, because the main skill you want is Tomefaire. It's really good for all three people.

Surprisingly, Elise's lopsided growths doesn't hurt Kana as much as you would think. I happen to have an appropriate Conquest save file, so I quickly beat Kana's paralogue, and here are her base stats (recruited at level 4 promoted):
HP 32
Str 18
Mag 23
Skl 17
Spd 25
Luk 22
Def 16
Res 18
For reference, here are Avatar's average stats at the same level:
HP 33.2
Str 19.95
Mag 22.25
Skl 17.85
Spd 21.35
Luk 10.55
Def 16.75
Res 14

Her Spd is amazing, and she also has decent Mag and Luk. On the other hand, her HP/Str/Skl/Def are hardly lacking.

I married Elise, and went with +Mag/-Luk, Monk talent (becomes Shrine Maiden for Elise and Kana). Diviner also works, because the main skill you want is Tomefaire. It's really good for all three people.

Surprisingly, Elise's lopsided growths doesn't hurt Kana as much as you would think. I happen to have an appropriate Conquest save file, so I quickly beat Kana's paralogue, and here are her base stats (recruited at level 4 promoted):

HP 32

Str 18

Mag 23

Skl 17

Spd 25

Luk 22

Def 16

Res 18

For reference, here are Avatar's average stats at the same level:

HP 33.2

Str 19.95

Mag 22.25

Skl 17.85

Spd 21.35

Luk 10.55

Def 16.75

Res 14

Her Spd is amazing, and she also has decent Mag and Luk. On the other hand, her HP/Str/Skl/Def are hardly lacking.

That does look pretty strong. Monk talent sounds pretty good, because Miracle is always nice to have in a pinch and Renewal and Countermagic are pretty solid as well, especially on Elise herself, as well as Tomefaire, of course.

If you are worry about the low skill that Elise have you can try this:

+Skill - luck

Second Class: Diviner ( quixotic and rend heaven from basara)

Kanna will have this:

Str(+1) Mag(+3) skl(+3) Spd(+2) lck(-1) Def(0) Res(+2)

+Skill and -Luck is my go-to asset/flaw combination if I don't do magic-focused stuff. I think in this situation, +Mag works better. Thank you for the suggestion, though!

I'm starting the file tomorrow and from what I have read here, I think I will go for something like this:

Asset: Magic

Flaw: Luck

Secondary Class: Monk/Dark Mage (I need to decide on this one, still.)

Thanks for all of your help guys! I really appreciate it!