What's A Good Name For A Mother Like Character?

Captain Karnage

Rachel does NOT fit that naming scheme. None of those names are close to what I'd expect to run into on the street. Gimme a bit to look into something.

EDIT: As I thought. Archanea/Valencia are generic European, with the biblical bits in a less-than-stellar light. In other words, NOT a Hebrew name! It looks like the more recent additions are Norse, but I wouldn't go in that direction. Valencia is a part of Spain. So, you can either go with something vaguely Spanish (Isabella), something to do with Greek/Roman mythology (Diana or some variant, maybe), or something that's vaguely Norse/Celtic (you're on your own).

Edited by eclipse

some of the names I'm picking are names you'd find in old european places, or in a fantasy setting

while some of them are based off of native american names like Adsila and Kitichi

do you think the names Alice and Cecilia would fit?

Edited by Captain Karnage

some of the names I'm picking are names you'd find in old european places, or in a fantasy setting

while some of them are based off of native american names like Adsila and Kitichi

Your story, your rules. I suggest keeping names inspired by certain languages confined to certain regions (so have Country A have the Spanish-sounding names, and Country B with the French ones). Also, I edited my last post.

Which names fit really depend on your setting, and even names that seem common can still fit. The names David and Hezekiah both trace back to biblical times, so would both seem exotic, but the fact the David is such a common name nowadays makes it seem like it shouldn't be a fantasy name, even though etymologically, it has no reason not to be.

I think Catherine, Layla, Sophia and Mika could be good mother names for the fantasy setting. Rachel is a good name in general, but I think in fiction, Rachel fits the name for a love interest better than a mother figure.